Dynamic Controls / Merits motor identification assistance

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Dynamic Controls / Merits motor identification assistance

Postby Xn3ly » 23 Apr 2021, 17:30

I have a 2014 Evatech mower that I broke the motor on this past weekend. Looking over the motor for a part number, I thought I was good to go when I found the manufacturer tag underneath a warning sticker. This tag has all the information I thought I needed to find some replacement parts or replacement motor, and it's just my luck, apparently these numbers are not "valid" for the people I spoke with. Anybody recognize this motor and might have another part / identification number, that will help locate some parts or a replacement motor? Or know of a wheelchair/scooter model that it might of also been used on?

Here is what I have and done so far and a picture of the tag I found:

Part# WMT90443
Serial M7L11030009

On this website I found the motor in a Dynamic Controls catalog.

I contacted Dynamic Controls and they responded that this is not a part that they manufacture and to try contacting Merits.

I attempted to contact Merits and they will not speak to consumers and recommended some third party repair services. I contacted several companies and they want the Make, Model and serial number of the wheelchair/scooter, which I don't have. The one person that would actually speak to me for a few moments, I provided the part number and serial number on the tag above, and they said they are not valid numbers.

I also contacted Eveatech, the company that builds and sales theses mower, and they do not have any additional information to aid in finding a replacement part, and that they now use custom built motors.

Xn3ly

Re: Dynamic Controls / Merits motor identification assistanc

Postby woodygb » 24 Apr 2021, 10:27

Those motor mounts are fairly universal .

I would suggest a pair of similar motors and gearboxes... e.g. Jazzy.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/kekitt9/m.html ... 7675.l2562

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... r&_sacat=0
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Return to Everything Powerchair