How to maintain new motors/brakes so that they stay quiet?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

How to maintain new motors/brakes so that they stay quiet?

Postby SweetBearCub » 29 Apr 2021, 05:37

These sound MUCH quieter than the 8.25 year old ones, both in motion, and the brake engagement volume.

What can I do to maintain these new smooth and quiet driving and brake engagement sound levels?

10.46 KPH/6.5 MPH isn't satisfying to my inner speed demon of course, but I am thrilled to be out of my manual chair which was very painful for me to sit in and to propel.
SweetBearCub

Re: How to maintain new motors/brakes so that they stay quie

Postby Burgerman » 29 Apr 2021, 10:08

The only way to do that and also to maintain motor efficiency is to not use it.

Motors in daily use last anywhere from 18 months to many years depending on how much its used. I swap motors after around 18 months use for new ones. Note that this means every 3 years of you use 2 chairs as each is only getting half used...

But I go long distances, have programming maxed out and so torture motors.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Toro » 29 Apr 2021, 12:53

Burgerman do you usually buy new from dealer when replacing them?

Also do you use your wheelchair for majority of transportation or jump in van alot also?
Toro

Postby Burgerman » 29 Apr 2021, 17:15

I use wheelchair 99% of the time. And live a few short miles to the town centre. Bu its two towns grown into one big place. The best pubs and resturants are in the seaside resort of cleethorpes. And so I go there for beer and to eat most evenings. Even when I use my van to go to say the local hobby flying field its a mile of grass from where I park to where we fly. Several times back and forth to carry gear. And german shehard walking duties for many years twice a day inc winter. Now sadly gone.

Yes new as pairs at dealer prices. They are not that expensive at least in the UK.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair