Interesting KickStarter

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Interesting KickStarter

Postby ex-Gooserider » 30 Apr 2021, 23:12

This was just pointed at in an e-mail from United Spinal Assoc. With the note that they supposedly are offering a 50% discount to USA members. (Membership is free BTW)

It is a sensor mat that at least claims to be a home-user version of the seating clinic pressure mapping sheets, which I know we discussed recently... No idea what the sensor density is, or how much actual mapping data they provide. More emphasis seems to be on the zombie-phone app that is supposed to coach the user into doing the correct level / frequency of pressure relief exercises (and of course track and post it online.... butred ) No idea if it would be usable without a zombie-phone.

I have no involvement, and am doubtful about whether I'd be a backer, but figured it was worth spreading the word...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1885552436/sensoria-mat/description

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Re: Interesting KickStarter

Postby Burgerman » 30 Apr 2021, 23:22

Interesting. Esp as I have discovered quite how critical the pressures actually are in those roho air cushions. For e.g. lifting an arm into the air, makes a huge difference to the pressure in the cushion, and so on my ass... Buy a large anough amount to cause sores. And so its pretty critical to carefully adjust to be totally sure. Pretty much every time I get up things change because you dont sit in exactly the same way, or position. I would love a map...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: Interesting KickStarter

Postby ex-Gooserider » 05 May 2021, 06:02

I asked a question on their Kickstarter page, and got the following response...
Thanks for your inquiry. The Sensoria Mat is a mobile application which can be used with either Android or iPhone. You can use the insert only with your Stimulite cushion and it should not interfere with the airflow. The Sensoria Mat has four texilte pressure sensors embedded.

So possibly useful, but not anywhere close to the level of detail that a professional map mat would have... As I said, it sounds more like a way to do monitoring / coaching on what the user is doing for pressure relief than it is for actually monitoring pressures.

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Return to Everything Powerchair