Best tracking app

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Best tracking app

Postby fishinjunky » 13 Jun 2021, 18:20

What's the best app for tracking your travels and distance and speed?
Invacare tdx sp
Bounder 300M 200ah lifepo4
fishinjunky

Re: Best tracking app

Postby Geekalot » 13 Jun 2021, 20:08

As a ham radio operator we use aprs.fi. You can download an app - aprs.fi - hand follow the setup to see your route and speeds.

This is public information. So, use at your risk.
Geekalot

Postby Burgerman » 14 Jun 2021, 00:40

Thats great. Works better in windows on my laptop! I have GPS built in, and a mobile internet connection (via a phone card using 4G). So could see real world street view as I drive with my laptop on the passenger seat. So can the cops. Dont speed!
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hobie1dog » 14 Jun 2021, 14:54

expresso told me about "myTracks" app for my iPhone and it works great, giving you a map and trail marking on where you have been, odometer, speedometer
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
Quickie S636- 3.00-4 tires, Chevy seat
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 14 Jun 2021, 18:39

You mean this one?

This was expresso... iron backside. 68 miles.
Attachments
68 Miles 10-2-19.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 14 Jun 2021, 19:19

Burgerman wrote:You mean this one?

That's the one I just downloaded to try out. I'm having some serious lithium battery envy lol
Invacare tdx sp
fishinjunky

Postby Burgerman » 14 Jun 2021, 19:34

The other one is better. The one I now have on my laptop. You can use it and see google street view as you travel. So you can see daylight at night in a vehicle or a van. So its better than a map. You can see if you are in the right place.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 14 Jun 2021, 20:12

Burgerman wrote:The other one is better. The one I now have on my laptop. You can use it and see google street view as you travel. So you can see daylight at night in a vehicle or a van. So its better than a map. You can see if you are in the right place.

I'll try it out it looks better. I wonder what the world record for longest distance traveled in a power chair on one charge is
Invacare tdx sp
fishinjunky

Postby Burgerman » 14 Jun 2021, 20:33

First ou would need to define powerchair. Because things like the myra chair which is really a scooter exist. Its not tank steer so does more to an Ah. And it can take bigger batteries meaning you can get huge lithium batteries on board. And if we ignore that type of thing then its likely expresso or snaker at wround 70 or so miles.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hobie1dog » 14 Jun 2021, 22:21

Burgerman wrote:. And if we ignore that type of thing then its likely expresso or snaker at wround 70 or so miles.

that makes my rear end hurt just thinking about going that far in a power chair no matter what cushions I tried.
:thumbdown:
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 14 Jun 2021, 22:32

I cant feel it! But my pressure ulcers might return...

Its actually not as far as you think. I have done more than half of that and didnt leave the house till 11.30. Whats more I didnt do it on purpose. It was warm, and I wandered around to various places like town centre, freinds houses, a workshop, and walked my dog too. And on to cleethorpes (a very close seaside town around 4 to 5 miles on busy streets) in the evening for a meet with freinds and cheers and home again. The thing was that at no time did I even think about battery range. Or distance. It just isnt an issue. Had I been using lead I would have been worrying at less than half of that distance.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 15 Jun 2021, 02:48

hobie1dog wrote:
Burgerman wrote:. And if we ignore that type of thing then its likely expresso or snaker at wround 70 or so miles.

that makes my rear end hurt just thinking about going that far in a power chair no matter what cushions I tried.

Some ways I suspect it might be better / less wearing than sitting in one place for the same length of time... The movement of the chair and you in it as you go over the potholes, pavement breaks and other such things is going to give at least some level of "automatic" pressure relief.....

My Supracore cushion also claims that the movement helps pump air through the honeycomb structure for more butt cooling action...

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby hobie1dog » 15 Jun 2021, 11:43

ex-Gooserider wrote:
hobie1dog wrote:
Burgerman wrote:. .

My Supracore cushion also claims that the movement helps pump air through the honeycomb structure for more butt cooling action..

That's one brand I have not tried yet. I have one of those gel/honeycomb knock-offs that is similar.

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby fishinjunky » 15 Jun 2021, 13:38

Burgerman wrote:I cant feel it! But my pressure ulcers might return...

Its actually not as far as you think. I have done more than half of that and didnt leave the house till 11.30. Whats more I didnt do it on purpose. It was warm, and I wandered around to various places like town centre, freinds houses, a workshop, and walked my dog too. And on to cleethorpes (a very close seaside town around 4 to 5 miles on busy streets) in the evening for a meet with freinds and cheers and home again. The thing was that at no time did I even think about battery range. Or distance. It just isnt an issue. Had I been using lead I would have been worrying at less than half of that distance.

mine would return for sure. I HATE HATE HATE pressure sores
Invacare tdx sp
fishinjunky

Postby Burgerman » 16 Jun 2021, 04:08

Well with scrupulous cleaning daily, using a disinfectant. Careful drying. With an alternating air bed. With the Roho cushion inflated to the lowest possible pressure that stops any bottoming out. With the patient hoist rather than a transfer board. So far getting up 5 hours a day mine appears to not be returning. butred So far.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby terry2 » 16 Jun 2021, 07:23

Burgerman wrote:You mean this one?

That map is way out.

I have been on 9W and 9A
They are the same as our motor ways and chairs are not allowed.
terry2

Postby Burgerman » 16 Jun 2021, 09:06

And they are next to expressos red line.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 16 Jun 2021, 15:22

Burgerman wrote:Well with scrupulous cleaning daily, using a disinfectant. Careful drying. With an alternating air bed. With the Roho cushion inflated to the lowest possible pressure that stops any bottoming out. With the patient hoist rather than a transfer board. So far getting up 5 hours a day mine appears to not be returning. butred So far.

That is exactly what I do to the t to keep them from returning I'm also at 5 hours a day. But I still need to build your pressure check device to fully optimize my roho cushion
Invacare tdx sp
fishinjunky

Postby Burgerman » 16 Jun 2021, 17:46

Well you optimise it with your hand tests. You just measure what pressure that actually is so that you can easily check or change without that plastic bag!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair