Tubes - Reuse ?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Tubes - Reuse ?

Postby expresso » 23 Jun 2021, 03:46

I finally got a flat - i noticed my tire had some slime coming out - so thats a done deal - i wasnt out when i noticed it - but went out local anyway to do a few things and back home - at home i heard air coming out along with the slime i guess trying to seal it - but didnt really work

at least it holds on for a bit - i am not surprised - the tires were worn out smooth - - i have to change them more often if i use this chair more to be safer - which i will do

i was wondering - one tire had the flat - one is fine - tube wise that i know of - i will change both tires - should i change both tubes also or just the one tube that is flat ?

what are your thoughts on using the same tube ? or just change both to be safe or safer ?

heres a good example of never having enough chairs - i even just gave away my first chair - shipped overseas to someone who has nothing and no legs - so he will be happy to get it - free - i gave cushions - chargers - etc, armpads - i hope it makes it there

i have now only 4 chairs - One i use indoor only and for Doc. - denist visits since its compact P222se - i love it indoors - dosnt work well outdoors - seat back not good enough now - no support etc, but works fine looks brand new still -

this chair i still have lead with 60ah add on - dont use it to ride at all -

my new chair needs seating to be adjusted - remove center plate - etc, not using it - not comfortable the way it is - waiting for the parts to fix it - bounder now has a flat - cant use

leaves me my older 646se - only 105ah pack inside headways - have to use ADD On with this chair -

goes to show - even 4 chairs and you can get stuck - when two chairs are down for repairs - - one not really good outdoors - cant go far etc,

rule that out - only one last chair i can use outdoors for long rides - and if that goes down - for some reason - i be stuck -

4 chairs and close to be stuck at home - if i had more room - i would get another chair also - cant have enough chairs or enough lithium
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Re: Tubes - Reuse ?

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jun 2021, 04:39

Thats a rich western capitalist world problem you and I have there!

Yes why replace a tube thats already still good?

But it is EASIER or may be easier to replace both, as the slime (that is frankly useless compared to the stuff I use) will prevent it being easily deflated. Slime is too thin, works on tiny thorns etc if you are lucky. The stuff I use works if you stab the thing with a screwdriver! The caveat beang that BOTH work 100% on tubeless tyres and only if you are lucky on a tubed tyre.

So if doing it myself I might reuse the tube. If paying someone else to swap a tyre/tube (why???) then I would replace both and then redo the sealer.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 23 Jun 2021, 11:55

expresso wrote:I finally got a flat - i noticed my tire had some slime coming out - so thats a done deal - i wasnt out when i noticed it - but went out local anyway to do a few things and back home - at home i heard air coming out along with the slime i guess trying to seal it - but didnt really work

at least it holds on for a bit - i am not surprised - the tires were worn out smooth - - i have to change them more often if i use this chair more to be safer - which i will do

i was wondering - one tire had the flat - one is fine - tube wise that i know of - i will change both tires - should i change both tubes also or just the one tube that is flat ?

what are your thoughts on using the same tube ? or just change both to be safe or safer ?

heres a good example of never having enough chairs - i even just gave away my first chair - shipped overseas to someone who has nothing and no legs - so he will be happy to get it - free - i gave cushions - chargers - etc, armpads - i hope it makes it there

i have now only 4 chairs - One i use indoor only and for Doc. - denist visits since its compact P222se - i love it indoors - dosnt work well outdoors - seat back not good enough now - no support etc, but works fine looks brand new still -

this chair i still have lead with 60ah add on - dont use it to ride at all -

my new chair needs seating to be adjusted - remove center plate - etc, not using it - not comfortable the way it is - waiting for the parts to fix it - bounder now has a flat - cant use

leaves me my older 646se - only 105ah pack inside headways - have to use ADD On with this chair -

goes to show - even 4 chairs and you can get stuck - when two chairs are down for repairs - - one not really good outdoors - cant go far etc,

rule that out - only one last chair i can use outdoors for long rides - and if that goes down - for some reason - i be stuck -

4 chairs and close to be stuck at home - if i had more room - i would get another chair also - cant have enough chairs or enough lithium

the tube is 20$ to replace. I would just for peace of mind and fresh tire slime
i got the slightly narrower kenda tires they are only 50$ each to replace. I thought they would be more exspensive. I would love to get tires made from the same material that the tires on BM'S BM3 chair is but in the size and aggressive knobby style as the kenda 13''x5 air filled tires i have
Invacare tdx sp
Bounder 300M 200ah lifepo4
fishinjunky

Postby expresso » 23 Jun 2021, 16:26

yeah i will replace both - since i been using a different sealant now - i dont use slime anymore myself - but it seems bounder does its green

i found a much better one - slime says it can seal 1/4 - the one i use 1/2 seals - its military grade - lasts for 10 years etc etc,

so i got half dozen of those - so i might as well change both and use my sealer instead - so far as long as tires are good - and not worn out

its fine - once they start to wear out - it gets tricky - they wear fast on the bounder with my usage - - i have to check them better after each use when i clean the chair to catch any issues before it becomes a problem -

with my other tires on the quickie - those are alot stronger tire and last over 4 years - bounder - 3 months if used daily for me - its a strange way to change them also - not as you would think - in a few weeks i have the tech over to change them out -

you do have to make sure when buying tires for the bounder - that they are 4 ply and load rating of 450lbs each tire - there are many tires out there that look the same but are cheaper and lower rating - bounder is heavy - find the right one - i have to look for a link i saved that has them - will post back
expresso

Postby expresso » 23 Jun 2021, 16:36

https://www.tiregeek.com/products/4-10- ... s-set-of-2

https://www.rrproducts.com/Tire-~-410~~350~6-(4-Ply)-Kenda-Stud--product66977

kenda dosnt show the load rating - would have to call them to find out -

https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/4-1 ... opper.html

this one looks nice also - not sure how it would work on the bounder - dont know how strong it is - and if the OD is the same -

also found slicks for them - both front and rear -

https://www.jthomasparts.com/160-663-ti ... lsrc=3p.ds

https://www.amazon.com/3-50-6-Tubeless- ... 500&sr=8-5

wonder how it would feel with slicks - making it worse or better ?
expresso

Postby Rollin Positive » 23 Jun 2021, 19:34

dont use slime it hardens over time check out a bike store that deals with mountain bikes they use a white cyclone it seals better too
https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/
Rollin Positive

Postby expresso » 23 Jun 2021, 22:22

yeah slime has a 2 year life i guess - i stopped using it once i found this one -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X6 ... UTF8&psc=1

i got half dozen of these and i use it on my chairs now - but the bounder comes with the sealant already inside - and its slime they use -

since i am changing the tires in a few weeks i have the tire and tube - will add my own this time - once i get the order in from bounder - the tubes may come already installed with slime - or not - we see

i will ask the bike shop - i never heard of the one your suggesting - i think what i am using now - link above should do a better job -
expresso

Postby Rollin Positive » 24 Jun 2021, 17:48

Let me see if I can get the name of it...
Rollin Positive

Postby fishinjunky » 24 Jun 2021, 21:42

expresso wrote:yeah i will replace both - since i been using a different sealant now - i dont use slime anymore myself - but it seems bounder does its green

i found a much better one - slime says it can seal 1/4 - the one i use 1/2 seals - its military grade - lasts for 10 years etc etc,

so i got half dozen of those - so i might as well change both and use my sealer instead - so far as long as tires are good - and not worn out

its fine - once they start to wear out - it gets tricky - they wear fast on the bounder with my usage - - i have to check them better after each use when i clean the chair to catch any issues before it becomes a problem -

with my other tires on the quickie - those are alot stronger tire and last over 4 years - bounder - 3 months if used daily for me - its a strange way to change them also - not as you would think - in a few weeks i have the tech over to change them out -

you do have to make sure when buying tires for the bounder - that they are 4 ply and load rating of 450lbs each tire - there are many tires out there that look the same but are cheaper and lower rating - bounder is heavy - find the right one - i have to look for a link i saved that has them - will post back

I'd like to use the kind your using when mine wear out. You have a link?

I'm ready to run all kinds of offroad trails where I live in WV but no one to ride with I'm the only quad power chair user in my small town
Invacare tdx sp
Bounder 300M 200ah lifepo4
fishinjunky

Postby expresso » 24 Jun 2021, 21:49

expresso

Postby terry2 » 27 Jun 2021, 06:16

expresso wrote:yeah i will replace both - since i been using a different sealant now - i dont use slime anymore myself - but it seems bounder does its green

I'm going to buy some tire liners.
They seam to do a good job.
terry2

Postby expresso » 27 Jun 2021, 16:18

you can try them - they cant hurt- but dont get them for the front small tires - they wont work there - i tried them -

the rears can work - and those i havnt tried - at the start i was worried and found a place online - that made them fit to your tire

sounds great but they need the tire to make it - i did the front only then - and gave me issues - i removed them and have them somewhere or i threw them out -

i wouldnt mind trying it for the rear tires on the bounder - those tires wear out very fast - its my usage and how i ride it -

if you find some - send me the link etc, - if they have a generic tire liner - i may try them - it will be hard to fit them and then the tube also but worth a shot -

i know they make them for the V6 Chair those ATV tires - and they can be reused - i will search for them also - i try them again on the rears only -

the other tires i have 350-8 size - are super strong - i dont worry about those - its the bounder 410-350-6 size tire i will look for
expresso

Postby ex-Gooserider » 29 Jun 2021, 03:55

I think the stuff that BM uses is not readily available in the US, but I'd agree w/ Expresso that the FlatOut he linked to seems like the best alternative available in the US...

Minor note, you will see 3-4 different 'versions' with different labels and suggested uses... Since they didn't list power chairs for any of them, I called the FlatOut people to ask which one I should use. The person in tech support said they are all the same, and the different labels was just marketing for different users... (so get which ever version you want....)

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby expresso » 29 Jun 2021, 04:22

good job - i couldnt notice any difference either - i picked the one i though would be the best for my use -

i have it in my other chair tires - the bounder was the only one i didnt have that kind - since it arrived with slime already installed -

but next week i will be installing if all goes well my own tires i have - tubes and the flat out - - also got some tire liners - which i have yet to look at - at a glance it looks like they can work - will see how they fit inside -

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

seems wide enough for sure - maybe even too wide - i may have to cut it to size along the edges if thats the case - i figure it cant hurt to try them - only for the rear tires - and reuse able so - if i manage to get them inside - any little extra helps

looking at my tire that went flat - it looks like it was nothing that was stuck in there - it was just worn out and most likely hard breaking just heated that spot more and burned thru tire tube - nothing was sticking out or in the area - not that i can see - or could have just made a hole and not get stuck

bottom line - have to watch the tires - once worn - change - even if just some areas are worn -
expresso

Postby expresso » 29 Jun 2021, 04:31

i didnt use the whole bottle for one tire -

not sure how much to use - but enough was used - i think half bottle i used for one tire - since dosnt say for the size tire we use on our chairs -
expresso

Return to Everything Powerchair