Need a Puma 40 FWD frnt lght bracket

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Need a Puma 40 FWD frnt lght bracket

Postby tomcmo » 28 Jun 2021, 14:19

Hello everyone

Once again I am appealing to the fine people of this great forum. Topic title says it all really. It's an awkward little plastic fitting that I'm hoping somebody has hanging around gathering dust somewhere. Attached pic of the broken right hand bracket and the entact left hand side bracket for reference.

Happy to negotiate reasonable costs.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
Attachments
Puma 40 FWD front light bracket.jpg
tomcmo

Re: Need a Puma 40 FWD frnt lght bracket

Postby ex-Gooserider » 29 Jun 2021, 03:18

Can't help w/ bracket, but it looks like something that could be scanned and 3D printed if you have anyone with the right gear...

The other option might be to come up with a new and different bracket, and possibly different lights... Your photo doesn't really show how it mounts, but a lot of those seem to be designed to stick out so as to be readily smashed by any convenient door frame or similar...

I am very fond of the so called "Eagle Eye" LED lights that are not much bigger than a large bolt, but throw a lot of light for their size... They aren't on a par w/ a car headlight, but are more than enough to see where one is going at the speeds we travel at in our chairs.... They can be mounted very compactly, and it is pretty easy to make brackets for them - A strip of flat stock w/ a couple holes for the simple version, or I have made 'plugs' that go in the ends of frame tubes with a threaded hole to fit the stem of the light and an OD that is a snug fit. These need an extra hole to bring the wire outside the frame (easy) but are almost invisible when the lights are off, and look great when they are on.... If the frame tube isn't round it's a bit more of a challenge to make something that fits, but still quite doable.

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby tomcmo » 29 Jun 2021, 15:28

Thanks for the tip Gooserider

Fitting more compact lights is a good idea as it is likely to reduce the risk of another snapped bracket in future. Will look into that.
tomcmo

Postby duke1 » 29 Jun 2021, 17:38

tomcmo wrote:Thanks for the tip Gooserider

Fitting more compact lights is a good idea as it is likely to reduce the risk of another snapped bracket in future. Will look into that.

these work in the right size and fit same place more or less and are flexible,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353534023512 ... %3A2334524
duke1

Postby tomcmo » 29 Jun 2021, 20:14

Thanks for the reply Duke

I'll try a set although I'm a bit worried that they might foul the arm tip lever, may be enough room to move the lights up a bit and worth a few quid to try them out.

Cheers for the tip.
tomcmo

Postby duke1 » 29 Jun 2021, 23:11

tomcmo wrote:Thanks for the reply Duke

I'll try a set although I'm a bit worried that they might foul the arm tip lever, may be enough room to move the lights up a bit and worth a few quid to try them out.

Cheers for the tip.

hi i have done it on my own puma40,and shortly have to do my tinas as she crashed into the back of me,in the hallway a good reason never to leave the damn thing in 5th gear! :argument but yes the light is held on with a single torx type screw slides along the rail and down then you need to remove your broken bracket and fit the cotton mount to the light then when you screw it on slide it up the rail just shy of the handle and they fit just fine and next time they get a small wack they pop right back!just hope the threaded hole on the lamp unit is sound as often breaks right out the back of them,bin then.
i bought a set of front and rear leds of the online site geek for £8 fit brill and brighter than originals for my new build puma,peace
duke1

Postby tomcmo » 30 Jun 2021, 16:47

Thanks for the info Duke

Is it the M4 or the M6 I want? Will definitely give those a try as the plastic brackets are a nice fit but a poor vulnerable design, no doubt they will cost a fortune from a dealer, haven't dared to enquire!
tomcmo

Postby duke1 » 01 Jul 2021, 15:31

tomcmo wrote:Thanks for the info Duke

Is it the M4 or the M6 I want? Will definitely give those a try as the plastic brackets are a nice fit but a poor vulnerable design, no doubt they will cost a fortune from a dealer, haven't dared to enquire!

best measure or buy both and i will doubtless find use for the unused ones!breaking chairs is costly,fyi i have searched for used lamps for the puma and found solutions mobility have them on ebay for £60 but if you make an offer they will deal,i just mended tinas crashed and bent arm support/joystick mount,man when my lady breaks something she does a good job!still no persons was hurt,peace
duke1

Postby tomcmo » 01 Jul 2021, 16:00

Cheers duke, much appreciated.
tomcmo

Return to Everything Powerchair