Etac e890 problem with seat movement

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Etac e890 problem with seat movement

Postby giogio » 01 Jul 2021, 11:18

Hi to everyone. I am facing a problem after the replacement of the battery in the wheelchair. I have the sbf fault and the main problem is that the chair reclining is not shown in the joystick. The joystick is r-net cjsm. It has also a bluetooth adapter, the PM90 module, one Reac modul with etac stamp and an etac small box. I have communicate with REAc and they cannot support me. Does anyone has the programm to communicate with this REAC module? It has a 9pin connection. Any other suggestion? I have read the article with the programming and i am thinking to buy an r-net ism module to change the REAC module. How difficult the programming is?
Thanks for your answers and for the help
giogio

Re: Etac e890 problem with seat movement

Postby Burgerman » 01 Jul 2021, 20:19

How difficult? The wiring and the programming go together. You would really need to understand both as I think its a positional sensor one. And you would need the IxSM seating module for that chair. And its not a simple job. Well it IS simple if you undrstand it and have plenty of time... https://www.cw-industrialgroup.com/Prod ... ing-Module
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 01 Jul 2021, 20:29

Burgerman wrote:How difficult? The wiring and the programming go together. You would really need to understand both as I think its a positional sensor one. And you would need the IxSM seating module for that chair. And its not a simple job. Well it IS simple if you undrstand it and have plenty of time... https://www.cw-industrialgroup.com/Prod ... ing-Module

the 890 does not use the cxsm seating module, it uses a propietry system.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 01 Jul 2021, 20:38

I think he knows that. And is asking how hard to go all R-Net.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 01 Jul 2021, 20:48

Burgerman wrote:I think he knows that. And is asking how hard to go all R-Net.

ah yes, my bad. i can supply the reac software if needed
rover220

Postby giogio » 04 Jul 2021, 21:36

rover220 wrote:
Burgerman wrote:I think he knows that. And is asking how hard to go all R-Net.

ah yes, my bad. i can supply the reac software if needed

This will be helpful
giogio

Postby giogio » 04 Jul 2021, 21:43

[quote="Burgerman"]How difficult? The wiring and the programming go together. You would really need to understand both as I think its a positional sensor one. And you would need the IxSM seating module for that chair. And its not a simple job. Well it IS simple if you undrstand it and have plenty of time... https://www.cw-industrialgroup.com/Prod ... ing-Module[/quote
Hi.Already order one with 6 channels, also with lighting. My question, if rover sent me the software for the etac-reac controller,how easy is to program it.I am electrical engineering and I know some things about these things. Usually in my Siemens controller's is easy to make the program, sometimes needs only to change minor things.I don't know let's say for the recliner or for the ortostat the way to make it to work.At the end of this week I will have the controller,if I can't find out with the etac-reac controller, I will move to the update
giogio

Postby Burgerman » 04 Jul 2021, 22:34

That one wont work for your job I dont think. Read above.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Gregrb » 07 May 2022, 00:48

giogio wrote:
Burgerman wrote:How difficult? The wiring and the programming go together. You would really need to understand both as I think its a positional sensor one. And you would need the IxSM seating module for that chair. And its not a simple job. Well it IS simple if you undrstand it and have plenty of time... https://www.cw-industrialgroup.com/Prod ... ing-Module[/quote
Hi.Already order one with 6 channels, also with lighting. My question, if rover sent me the software for the etac-reac controller,how easy is to program it.I am electrical engineering and I know some things about these things. Usually in my Siemens controller's is easy to make the program, sometimes needs only to change minor things.I don't know let's say for the recliner or for the ortostat the way to make it to work.At the end of this week I will have the controller,if I can't find out with the etac-reac controller, I will move to the update

Did you get anywhere installing rnet seating module and programming instead of the spf unit? Is so how what did you do?
Gregrb

Postby Burgerman » 07 May 2022, 10:24

Starting from scratch with the CxSM module in a complex seating setup is not simple. It requires a lot of programming and may need the additional downloadable software to configure.

The CxSM module itself and its basic core settings (that when used unmodified) can be set up for many seating systems in the normal r-net programming enviroment.
But for some seating systems you need the programming kit and downloadable software as well. This means a little customisation. Complication. And time... Such as used on the ergo style seating on sunrise chairs, or some lift chairs. Which is why I run away from such over complex systems.

The brochure describing the range here explains this.

The R-net Complex Seating Module (CxSM) offers the the opportunity to design custom seating applications. PGDT provides the CxSM hardware and the core software functionality. The wheelchair OEM can then use the development tools recommended by PGDT to develop bespoke seating solutions.

By providing developer kits, PGDT is opening up the possibility of broadening R-net’s capabilities much more swiftly than PGDT could do by itself.

Note, from 2014. So no seperate BT modules now available. Only built in to Omni2 or CJSM2.
Attachments
r-net.pdf
(741.54 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Gregrb » 08 May 2022, 20:11

Burgerman wrote:Starting from scratch with the CxSM module in a complex seating setup is not simple. It requires a lot of programming and may need the additional downloadable software to configure.

The CxSM module itself and its basic core settings (that when used unmodified) can be set up for many seating systems in the normal r-net programming enviroment.
But for some seating systems you need the programming kit and downloadable software as well. This means a little customisation. Complication. And time... Such as used on the ergo style seating on sunrise chairs, or some lift chairs. Which is why I run away from such over complex systems.

The brochure describing the range here explains this.

The R-net Complex Seating Module (CxSM) offers the the opportunity to design custom seating applications. PGDT provides the CxSM hardware and the core software functionality. The wheelchair OEM can then use the development tools recommended by PGDT to develop bespoke seating solutions.

By providing developer kits, PGDT is opening up the possibility of broadening R-net’s capabilities much more swiftly than PGDT could do by itself.

Note, from 2014. So no seperate BT modules now available. Only built in to Omni2 or CJSM2.

So it's potentialy possible to replace the chair current spf unit with a IxSM seating module? And you plug all actuators in to that instead? Then start from scratch programing in to the IxSM seating module? I have the current Etac software, and manufacturer level rnet dongle. What else would be needed?
Gregrb

Postby rover220 » 08 May 2022, 21:13

No chance Greg.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 08 May 2022, 21:48

Really?
I would have said yes. With their developer kit for the CxSM, and a lot of time and setup.

So why no? I am very interested to find out.
By which I mean I see nothing here https://www2.etac.com/upload/uk-euk/050 ... sgreen.pdf that the CxSM cant do?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 09 May 2022, 04:19

Etac actuators are not just smart, they are micro processor controlled iirc.

I would bet my house on nobody converting an etac.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 09 May 2022, 07:36

Depends what the microprocessors in the acuators are doing. I would still think it possible. Even if they use angle detectors instead of position sensors. Or both. The advanced seating module CxSM is supposed to be able to deal with any seating setup. But as I said, will be complicated and take time.

Remember that you may allow the CxSM to take over from the smart actuators by electronically disabling or ignoring the smart part and letting all the smart bit be done in the CxSM.

I would take your bet! At the end of the day the actuators have sensors and motors... And I have some ingeniuty. Because I see nothing it does that needs any smarts in the actuators. :argument
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby giogiom » 12 Mar 2023, 21:55

rover220 wrote:Etac actuators are not just smart, they are micro processor controlled iirc.

I would bet my house on nobody converting an etac.

Start the paper of your house... etac actuators whitch is from reac is not so smart....... My 3 motors are now working, the recline with the lenght of the foots and the backseat recline.......
giogiom

Postby Burgerman » 12 Mar 2023, 23:49

Thats what I would have expected.

Its still a long and unweildy chair though
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby giogiom » 13 Mar 2023, 11:45

Burgerman wrote:Thats what I would have expected.

Its still a long and unweildy chair though

For my sister no. She like the seat
giogiom

Return to Everything Powerchair