Seat mounted joystick inception

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Seat mounted joystick inception

Postby slomobile » 13 Jul 2021, 21:52

The January 2020 Permobil M3 with CJSM2 is getting sorted mechanically.
I like the swing up and sideways pivoting wide armrests for comfort and doorways. Like that the joystick can swing inboard and outboard.
Wish the joystick swing arm were about 14"-16" long and mounted to a post on the seatpan siderail instead of the armrest.
Wish it had 4 firm detents: inboard (adjustable), straight ahead, 90 degrees outboard, full backwards (adjustable) like an attendant control for driving empty chair up the ramp.
Perhaps a knob for tightening at any position mid swing.

Before I set about building this from McMaster-Carr parts, are there any existing parts or designs useful for this?
Any swingaway mount for the vertical unitrack would help. Really nice if it integrated with the seatbelt latch to occupy the minimum seat real estate.

I'd like to avoid spending on an R-net programmer and dongle, especially since ICS controls the seating, and I'm not real clear how to adjust those limits, just that R-net is NOT the right way. But I need to change the programming. Currently 1.6mph top speed in indoor and normal modes. Incorrect user weight range entered. OBP locked out.

If I get a program file from one of you, can I take the chair to a dealer and have them upload it? I'd like the least restrictive programming possible, then insert a https://github.com/redragonx/can2rNET CAN2Rnet dual network device between the CJSM2 and the rest of the chair to intercept joystick commands and limit the commands forwarded to the rest of the chair according to my own programming.
Any suggested course of action to achieve that? Willing to invest time and money into learning.
slomobile

Return to Everything Powerchair