Quadrix

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Quadrix

Postby davidpaul » 15 Jul 2021, 15:57

Has anyone any experience with this - http://www.quadrix-team.com/en/product/ ... ess-touch/

Joystick control, runs on 36v, 9.5mph

Still high cost at £18,150
davidpaul

Re: Quadrix

Postby Burgerman » 15 Jul 2021, 19:42

No. But it might work OK since its basically a 6mph 24V machine running on 36V so keeps the better 6mph motors torque and control and low current draw. That lower speed geared motors give and adds only extra volts for speed. Much like my BM3.

So it all depends on programming, and how well they did making the speed controller if they did, or whatever they used and so on. And nobody knows... And beware 2x 20Ah batts. Thats equal in storage to 2x 30Ah at 24V for watt hours of energy. Again equal to around 100Ah of lead bricks. Off road that doesent seem adequate. On a flat surface it will give around 1.5x as much as a powerchair with 70 to 100Ah lead, since it doesent waste power in tank steer as a powerchair has to do. Since its a scooter.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby davidpaul » 15 Jul 2021, 20:29

Ok thanks
davidpaul

Postby slomobile » 15 Jul 2021, 21:51

No experience with that unit, but I would guess they need that huge steering servo because the steering geometry they chose is prone to bump steer. The motor will resist it, but in doing so, also resists suspension travel. It will probably beat up the link ends.
slomobile

Postby davidpaul » 18 Jul 2021, 12:31

Yes it appears to have a very big steering servo, I see what you mean about bump steer, one point the manufacturer seems to have not chosen to overcome, I think it would be fairly easy to over come at the frame build stage with an extra pivot point so the final steering push rod is the same length as the suspension A-arm.

I suppose it would be fairly easy to build something that's right, as I see it the difficult part would be sourcing the joystick control module and steering servo
davidpaul

Return to Everything Powerchair