Programming the Quickie Q700 Ergo seating

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Programming the Quickie Q700 Ergo seating

Postby Ironside » 19 Aug 2021, 19:16

Can someone tell me if it's possible for the user to program the seating by themselves or does the engineer need to do it? I've seen them several times in all they do is plug a switch on the back and use a laptop with a program. Doesn't look too complicated.
Ironside

Re: Programming the Quickie Q700 Ergo seating

Postby Burgerman » 19 Aug 2021, 19:23

The dumb answer that everyone wants. YES.

The correct answer is below:

With the OEM software you can do anything at all on R-Net. They may be using that, or the lower capability dealer version. It all depends what you wish to adjust.

Of course its not that hard IF you understand it all. And the only real way to do that is to read the help, read the r-net manual, and practice. The answer is yes you can do it. But its not intuitive. Esp with that particular seating module.

And of course you must buy a programming dongle. Which isnt cheap. Most users that care about how a chair drives or wants to alter a few other things like seating will eventually get a programmer. All the rest that dont care, dont bother.

OEM version, click here https://cloud.dietz-power.com/index.php ... y/download But with that seating you need the sunrise version. So PM me for that after you get a dongle.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Ironside » 19 Aug 2021, 19:33

It might be easier if I tell you what's happened.

My wheelchair went back to Exeter Disability Centre for some new batteries. When it came back I have lost all but tilt, recline and lift. I did have seated, Lie down, pressure relief, Centre mount, leg rest angle, and extend leg rest.

The problem I am finding now is that the reclining doesn't appear to bring the backrest op as upright as it did before. When I am driving I normally have to adjust my backrest so I can press a button on the dashboard to release my chair from the Dahl. I can't reach this button now because the chair is reclined back too much. Thankfully, I have been able to drive but I'm having to get somebody to start the car and press the release button for me. EDC did take the chair away last week to fix the problem. They said that a plug had come adrift. I've got all the functions back but I've still got this problem. And also the pressure relief and seated functions are just not working properly. In fact, when I operate the seated it doesn't bring the backrest up anywhere near enough. I then got to use the recline function. Honestly, it's a nightmare at the moment.
Ironside

Postby Burgerman » 19 Aug 2021, 19:41

Then its their problem.

God only knows how they can cock up swapping batteries unless they connected them in reverse or something, blew the power module, and had to replace it. I cannot think of any other way that they could possibly effect the programming with a simple battery swap. Then instead of replacing with a correctly programmed power module they fitted one from another chair. Maybe a 700r with normal non ergo seating. So you have lost all the programming.

But reconnecting a plug fixed most of it? :oops:
Maybe they fitted a backrest actuator bolt in a wrong position or something?
So you need someone to take a good look at whats going on.

So what to do.
1. Send it back and tell them to sort it out. Problem is that you are back to trusting the "experts" all over again. Or.
2. Get a programmer, contact sunrise with your chairs details and they will email you a settings file. That can be written to the chair, and you go back to stock default settings. And from that point you can change anything you want. It wont fix mechanical errors. For e.g. you can make it steer properly!

I could be wrong. But for the life of me I see no way for that to have happened. Programming doesent change itself. Maybe rover220 can help. Esp if you have no programmer and dont particularly want one.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Ironside » 19 Aug 2021, 19:47

Strange you should say that because when they brought the child back after being with them for four days there was no charge. I thought they would have a lease charged me £45 for the callout. So maybe they realised it was their mistake and that is why they didn't charge.
Ironside

Postby Burgerman » 19 Aug 2021, 19:53

You would think that BEFORE they returned it with new batteries (why would they even take it away? Its a 20 minute simple job) they might at least test it to see if the thing works properly.

Seriously swapping batts on one is easy. No need to take a chair away. It must take longer to load it into a van. Then take it back out and into a workshop. Then drive it back afterwards again. Its 4 bolts really. Unless the ergo ones are much more complex for some reason.

PAGE 24 battery swap.

https://www.sunrisedice.com/asset-bank/ ... /43539.pdf
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 19 Aug 2021, 20:07

Ergo seating programming is not something I would want to be playing with without a very good understanding of the CxSM seating module. Do you have any memory positions at all?
rover220

Postby Ironside » 19 Aug 2021, 20:08

Tell me about it. Don't get me wrong, I really like the wheelchair. The seating is so comfortable and I feel really secure. However, I've had so many problems with the wheelchair you just wouldn't believe it. Thankfully, many of the problems have been fixed under warranty. However, with the benefit of hindsight, I think I would probably not have bought this chair if I'd known all the problems I was going to have.

Oh, another question. I use the Dahl wheelchair restraint. If I got a Permobil M3 would It work with my current Dahl system? When you look at both wheelchairs they are nearly identical in design so I am thinking that maybe the male parts of the system could be located in exactly the same place under the wheelchair as it is on the Quickie
Ironside

Postby rover220 » 19 Aug 2021, 20:09

Now I have Re read it properly you need to reset the memory positions. When buying the chair you should have been supplied a piko switch to do this. There should be a small loom connected to inhibit number 6 on the CxSM module.
rover220

Postby Ironside » 19 Aug 2021, 20:12

Okay, I don't remember seeing anything like what you describe. Can't even remember if the wheelchair came with its own bag of accessories. I will have a look and see if I can find anything.
Ironside

Postby Burgerman » 19 Aug 2021, 20:17

This is how easy it is to swap a battery.

Page 24. Theres no need to take apart anything at all. The whole top plate (with the seat still on it) lifts like a lid. Or a car bonnet. 20 mins max at your home. So no idea why anyone would want to take it away.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 19 Aug 2021, 20:19

I use the Dahl wheelchair restraint. If I got a Permobil M3 would It work with my current Dahl system?

IF it can be installed at the same height, and same correct driving position yes.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Ironside » 19 Aug 2021, 20:48

Excellent!! That is what I wanted to hear. Thank you
Ironside

Postby Burgerman » 19 Aug 2021, 21:07

What the h is a piko switch?

Cant you just set the presets in the programming? There are 3 factory ones that should be adjustable on a 700 and one user one apparently. Never played with a CxSM module.
But you can have up to 6 memory positions if you want.

Heres a look at the programmer. Theres standard setup for the CxSM module higher up, and in the Sunrise version (selected in green) of the software shown for sunrises own standard settings. As shown here for preset positions. Of course not configured yet on here:
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 19 Aug 2021, 21:36

Burgerman wrote:What the h is a piko switch?

Cant you just set the presets in the programming?

Yes if you want to make things much more complicated than they need to be.

http://www.inclusive.co.uk/piko-button-50-p4957
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 19 Aug 2021, 22:11

That comes with some connector that plugs into a sunrise chairs r-net? You put the seating in a place you want and press? No programmer needed?

I would have thought that it only did the user presets though. Maybe all thats needed. Cool. So set up for your prefered drive position and click! Done. I agree messing around at random trying to figure it out doesent look simple on those things at all.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Frank » 03 Sep 2021, 08:00

Postby Burgerman » 19 Aug 2021, 20:17

Page 24. Theres no need to take apart anything at all. The whole top plate (with the seat still on it) lifts like a lid. Or a car bonnet. 20 mins max at your home. So no idea why anyone would want to take it away.

Hello, I am trying to download this book https://www.sunrisedice.com/asset-bank/ ... /43539.pdf but the link is not working. Is there a different link where I can download it? As always thank you in advance for your help.
Frank

Postby woodygb » 03 Sep 2021, 08:07

Link works fine for me.

However...try this.

https://www.motusmedical.co.uk/wp-conte ... /43539.pdf
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Frank » 03 Sep 2021, 11:48

Frank

Postby Frank » 04 Sep 2021, 17:41

Hello,

We tried to have access of the Quickie 700R batteries by releasing the two handle screws under the front of the seat frame that connect the seat frame with the seat module interface. My wheelchair is equipped with lift, tilt and elevate. Then with we tried to flip back the whole seat, we tried to lift it upwards from the center foot plates but it was extremely heavy, one man could not lift it. Should it be that heavy or are we doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Frank

Postby rover220 » 04 Sep 2021, 17:44

Frank wrote:

Hello,

We tried to have access of the Quickie 700R batteries by releasing the two handle screws under the front of the seat frame that connect the seat frame with the seat module interface. My wheelchair is equipped with lift, tilt and elevate. Then with we tried to flip back the whole seat, we tried to lift it upwards from the center foot plates but it was extremely heavy, one man could not lift it. Should it be that heavy or are we doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help.

It is heavy, very heavy.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 04 Sep 2021, 21:52

I cheat.

Reverse chair to a bed. Raise seat and release the catch. Pull the tall seat back onto the bed. When you remove a heavy battery the thing wants to top back over anyway so the bed stops that being a problem. Then it is relatively easy. Esp if you tilt and extend leggs out as everything gives you a long lever.

Remember that the seating options DOUBLE the chairs weight. (be careful what you choose! In my chairs case thats half of a 185KG chair!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Frank » 05 Oct 2021, 15:26

Hello,
I was enjoying my Q700R chair with Ergo seat but it was short lived because it developed an error and I do my best to explain. Everything still works except the recliner does not function anymore. When you try to operate the recliner it does not move, only you hear an alarm (beep). I reset the programme to its factory settings and also gave the settings that came with the chair but made no difference.

Without the recliner the chair is not comfortable for me and I will not use it if it is not fixed. I do not know where to check? Any suggestions? Thank you.
Attachments
control box.jpg
Frank

Postby rover220 » 05 Oct 2021, 15:40

it will likely be an inhibit issue or feedback problem.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 05 Oct 2021, 16:50

Ergo seating is complicated compared to the simple Sedeo Pro seating. Because its actuators use a position sensors for feedback much like the permobils do. The advantage is that its all R-Net so easier to fix/diagnose han permobil. It takes a lot more skill and diagnosis to pinpoint the problem. Its not easy to do on a forum. You would need the chair in front of you to figure it out and to test and measure things. If the issue isnt obvious.

It will either be a simple microswitch, or something or a position sensor built into an actuator.

Unrelated, if you need it tilted back slightly to be comfortable to drive, this should be mechanically configured so that the seat is fully down electrically for normal driving. At least thats always what I do with my own chairs. So least tilt = x degrees of tilt. Unless you mean only the backrest angle?

Send me a copy of the chairs stock program so I can take a look please. You can post it here.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Frank » 05 Oct 2021, 19:35

I am sending you a copy of the chair's stock programme. thanks
Attachments
Profile 1 - Factory settings as came with the chair.R-net
chairs stock programme
(4.37 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Frank

Postby Burgerman » 05 Oct 2021, 19:53

I changed ONE thing. I set NO in place of yes on RECLINE 1 fault in actuator, in the sunrise seating options. I doubt it will help. It might. I cannot change anything else unless I find out whats wrong by looking at and testing the chair.

Try it. See what it does. If theres a faulty actuator it may still not work. If it does it may be a faulty sensor, and that means it might no work properly even if it appears to. You need a rover220 or similar to take a look.
Attachments
Disabled inhibit from RECLINE from yes to no.R-net
(4.37 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Frank » 06 Oct 2021, 09:23

BM I tried the programme with your change but the problem is still there. Thank you for offering your help.

I believe the problem is not with the programme but something in the chair like actuator, sensor or whatever. Is it difficult to check if the fault is the actuator, a sensor built into it, etc.? Any ideas where I should start checking?
Frank

Postby Burgerman » 06 Oct 2021, 11:29

Undoubtedly. But depending on what it is you can program to ignore verious faults and errors on sensors etc. For e.g I told it to ignore any faulty actuator, so no error if it sees a fault on an actuator, (not a sensor) like shorted or open circuit. So we now know that this is not the issue.

Theres 101 other things it could be on that system though. Its way more complex than the normal tilt/recline/lift/footrests/footrest length thing. Those are really pretty simple on off commands. Your system uses the more complex seating module that maps positions and can do all sorts of more complex seating positions and memorise these. And to do that it needs to know the position of every actuator. These positions can have both actuator inhibits, positional inhibits, movement inhibits, and are all interrelated. Anything is a position that it "doesent like" (even if its a sensor reporting position incorrectly) can inhibit any one of the functions, or the chairs movement or limit speeds of movements etc. Its a nightmare to try and understand unless YOU were the original programmer, and you have the chair there as well to see what does what.

So you are going to need a tech. And not a dumb one but one that knows what he is doing. Or they will start randomely fitting new stuff till it works instead of properly diagnosing the issue. Which results in ££££$$$$$ :fencing
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 06 Oct 2021, 11:32

Where to start checking?

To start with. What EXACTLY do you mean by recline? A memory position, or just backrest actuator? Or tilt? Recline normally means backrest only. Its quite possible that this is intended. And so may be possible to be edited in programming. For stability reasons. Is this a front, mid or rear drive?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Next

Return to Everything Powerchair