Unknown chair?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Unknown chair?

Postby foghornleghorn » 11 Oct 2021, 19:16

NackerNed wrote:If the chair is worth it, I will pay.

https://www.mobilitypitstop.com/product ... r-battery/

Anybody tried these?

Same thing on ebay without the vat bullshit https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131119213209

I have used them for years. Work well for hundreds of miles, then suddenly drop dead on you and need replacing.
foghornleghorn

Postby Burgerman » 12 Oct 2021, 10:42

I had a set. Not gel, but AGM EV ones. Very similar. They worked great, till an internal strap/connection failed suddenly while crossing a (pretty deserted) road around 2 miles from home. I had to call a carer that pushed me home around 50 yards at a time while lots of sweat came out. So their batteries perform well. But not so sure I trust them for reliability. But still cheaper than MK but cant find a spec on those 88Ah ones. Usually the bigger the Ah the less the cycle life or the greater the internal resistance. So I expect those to be a high 6 to 8mOhms. Cant find a spec sheet.

All I an find for these gels is:
Haze HZY12-80EV (HZY-EV12-80), Batteria GEL VRLA Ermetica al piombo Ciclica 12V 88Ah (C20 @ 20°C). Per veicoli elettrici. Term. M8. Dimensioni: 260x168xh211mm. Peso: 25,10 Kg.
Principali applicazioni delle batterie cicliche: Veicoli elettrici, scooter e carrozzine elettriche per disabili, batterie di servizio per Nautica e camperistica, Energie rinnovabili, Segnaletica stradale e tutte le applicazioni che richiedono cariche e scariche profonde giornaliere
HAZE EV GEL - Cycle Life (cicli di vita).
La durata del ciclo dipende molto dalla profondità di scarica (DOD).
Numero di cicli di vita previsti: 100% DOD - 400 cicli, 75% DOD - 450 cicli, 50% DOD - 650 cicli.
N.B. per garantire la massima durata del ciclo, si consiglia di ricaricare completamente la batteria il prima possibile dopo l'uso.

So 20% less cycle life than MK gel, and no internal resistance data. But a 400cca max isnt great (found on another website). Its under half what the old 68Ah odyssey can do, and the same as MK. So not bad, but MK still outperform for cycle life at higher cost. Better than the cheap AGMs available all over the place. A sort of halfway house.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby NackerNed » 12 Oct 2021, 11:03

Contacted Meyra today, this is the response.

the vehicle in the pictures is NOT a Meyra wheelchair !!!

The plastic panels make the vehicle look a bit like an Optimus 2, but there are a lot of clues in the pictures that speak against it.

There is no central footboard with a central connection in the Optimus 2.

It seems to be a 2 motor vehicle, the optimus is a single motor wheelchair with differential gear and steering servo.

The Optimus 2 has no wheel forks at the rear, but axle mounts with steering linkages from the steering servo.

The seating position is too far forward for the Optimus 2 and would make the wheelchair head-heavy in terms of driving behavior, which the Optimus definitely isn't.

The lighting system of the Optimus 2 has partly different elements / components at the front and rear.

Conclusion: This vehicle looks like something has been tinkered with imagination out of 2 or 3 wheelchairs.

You shouldn't buy this vehicle.

It is definitely not a Meyra product.

Meyra cannot and will not offer you any information on this.
NackerNed

Postby Burgerman » 12 Oct 2021, 11:06

As I said. A bitza.

Bitza this. Bitza that.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby NackerNed » 12 Oct 2021, 11:13

May be good, may be bad, my guess is the latter.

Did anyone find out if the Q700R on ebay is R Net or not, they're not answering me.?
NackerNed

Postby Burgerman » 12 Oct 2021, 11:15

Its not. Dont buy.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby foghornleghorn » 12 Oct 2021, 15:25

foghornleghorn

Postby Burgerman » 12 Oct 2021, 16:53

Different again, no rear casters?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby NackerNed » 12 Oct 2021, 17:06

I have just seen this image also and it’s the closest match yet but as John said the rear wheels are castors. The seat, the footplate, everything matches bar those rear wheels. If the specs are correct, that’s a decent bit pulling power there. Tomorrow can’t come soon enough :dance
NackerNed

Postby foghornleghorn » 12 Oct 2021, 17:25

Same red chair, different view. Shows the footrest mounting which looks fairly unique.

https://is2.ecplaza.com/ecplaza1/offers ... ce-4x4.jpg
foghornleghorn

Postby NackerNed » 12 Oct 2021, 17:53

This is very helpful thankyou! Meyra are very interested to find out about my new found chair as it’s a total rip off of the Optimus!
If this is decent quality I think it will be a comfy outdoor chair. Don’t fancy 9mph when it’s trying to flip itself around!
NackerNed

Postby snaker » 13 Oct 2021, 01:36

It is interesting if Indonesia could make this chair, it would not be expensive. Do you have a link to its website?

foghornleghorn wrote:Made in Indonesia?

https://image.ec21.com/image/halkinan/o ... ectric.jpg
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 13 Oct 2021, 08:58

Except its still going backwards! For outdoor use it would make an interesting chair if it steered with the front wheels. They cant do that since sitting a 20 stone user over the steered wheels instead means a way more powerful servo (maybe 5 or 6 times) would be needed. The control sytem does not have the power to make that happen unfortunately.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby foghornleghorn » 13 Oct 2021, 09:20

snaker wrote:It is interesting if Indonesia could make this chair, it would not be expensive. Do you have a link to its website?

This is one of the pages I found it on. They all mention the same business Onan Medical Centre.

https://halkinanmedical.en.ecplaza.net/ ... ir_8153925
foghornleghorn

Postby foghornleghorn » 13 Oct 2021, 09:21

Burgerman wrote:Except its still going backwards! For outdoor use it would make an interesting chair if it steered with the front wheels. They cant do that since sitting a 20 stone user over the steered wheels instead means a way more powerful servo (maybe 5 or 6 times) would be needed. The control sytem does not have the power to make that happen unfortunately.

Turn the seat around and eat a few less pies.
foghornleghorn

Postby foghornleghorn » 13 Oct 2021, 09:25

I'm curious what the chair the thread is all about turns out to be. Hopefully NackerNed can post some bigger photos once it has arrived.
foghornleghorn

Postby Burgerman » 13 Oct 2021, 10:03

At a guess an early version of the cheap indonesian chair before they figured out single drive motor from a scooter and servo steering. Or a bitza...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby NackerNed » 13 Oct 2021, 10:13

Still waiting on delivery this morning and I will post more. Was supposed to be 9am but no such luck yet!
NackerNed

Postby NackerNed » 14 Oct 2021, 09:17

How can I post decent quality pictures? The file limit is tiny.
NackerNed

Postby foghornleghorn » 14 Oct 2021, 10:16

https://imgur.com/upload
and then add them to the forum with the img tag
Code: Select all
[img]http://image_url[/img]
foghornleghorn

Postby foghornleghorn » 14 Oct 2021, 10:17

Have you been out in it, or does it need charging / the weather is shit?
foghornleghorn

Postby NackerNed » 14 Oct 2021, 18:29

Why am I getting this response when trying to post Imgur url?

Capture.PNG
NackerNed

Postby foghornleghorn » 14 Oct 2021, 18:35

[img]https://i.imgur.com/vIpxxes.jpeg[/img]

Two front motors! Wonder what it actually is. Are there any stickers on the frame or the motors?
foghornleghorn

Postby Burgerman » 14 Oct 2021, 18:46

It has rear casters. So has to be tank steer. Not a scooter. So must have two motors to steer as it is a powerchair not a scooter.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 14 Oct 2021, 18:48

How can I post decent quality pictures? The file limit is tiny.

Its adequate to post this below for e.g

It is just 160k. You are allowed up to 400...
Attachments
rim.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby NackerNed » 14 Oct 2021, 18:56

foghornleghorn wrote:Have you been out in it, or does it need charging / the weather is shit?

I'm still trying to post pics of chair so hopefully someone can help, not having much luck.

The chair itself is an abomination of a creation and goes against all my engineering knowledge entirely! Having said that, it's a bloody scream if you have the balls to crank it up. The rear wheel steering is an experience like no other after using a rear wheel drive for so long. This chair would climb a mountain if you wanted it to, nothing gets in its way! I live on the steepest hill you can imagine and it blasts my 23st up at 10mph easy! However, controlling the beast is a feat in itself, sway one way a little too much and your in trouble. I tried on the quiet roads here and scared myself to death with the back end kicking out like a bloody drift car without the power slide! :shock:
It's also not been looked after even though the electronics are very much unused. So, anything metal has seized or rusted (no stainless in sight). The seat was entirely rotten and U/S so has now been binned and replaced with a temporary custom setup (pics to follow as I'm sure will raise an eyebrow or two) :eh:
I removed the footplate contraption which in theory actually works well with decent adjustment but is so poorly welded I could not get it back in the frame (I'm talking inches out, not mm's).
That's where I'm up to now unfortunately as I feel like I've been 10 rounds with Mike Tyson trying to sort this thing. Oh, the plastic body panels which give it the Optimus look are a disgrace and had to be ditched as diabolically made and just rattle uncontrollably.
Tomorrow will be an off road test to see if this thing is a keeper or not, anybody fancy it?? :D
NackerNed

Postby foghornleghorn » 14 Oct 2021, 19:04

NackerNed wrote:I'm still trying to post pics of chair so hopefully someone can help, not having much luck.

Upload them to imgur and message me the page links like you tried to post.
foghornleghorn

Postby NackerNed » 14 Oct 2021, 20:42

foghornleghorn wrote:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/vIpxxes.jpeg[/img]

Two front motors! Wonder what it actually is. Are there any stickers on the frame or the motors?

No stickers, no branding at all on this chair. What was on the motors has worn away.
NackerNed

Postby NackerNed » 14 Oct 2021, 20:43

Burgerman wrote:It has rear casters. So has to be tank steer. Not a scooter. So must have two motors to steer as it is a powerchair not a scooter.

Yes. Tank steer and very scary it is too. I almost wiped everything out in my double garage just trying to get out :lol:
NackerNed

Postby foghornleghorn » 14 Oct 2021, 20:51

foghornleghorn

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair