My PG Drives VS1 Flashes 7 times

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

My PG Drives VS1 Flashes 7 times

Postby dbagnis » 23 Nov 2021, 16:32

Hi everyone. I have a problem with my joystick. It is a VS1 from the company PG drives. The problem is that the battery LEDs turn on and off 7 times, pause and blink 7 times again. According to the manufacturer's code, this would be an error in the Joystick. I am trying to repair it, but there is no technical information on the internet. Can anybody help me?. Maybe we can interchange information. Thank you very much in advance.
dbagnis

Re: My PG Drives VS1 Flashes 7 times

Postby ex-Gooserider » 04 Dec 2021, 06:09

Essentially there is NO technical information about the insides of any of the P&G modules... 1st make sure it is properly connected to the power module and that there is no damage to the cable. If all looks OK, then you are probably stuck with a bad joystick module - look on Ebay etc. for a good used spare...

If you are feeling adventurous you can open up the joystick and see if you can find any obvious issues, but you will be pretty limited in what you'll be able to do.

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby REPARACIÓN SILLAS » 03 Feb 2022, 02:48

Hello, we are also here with several VSI joysticks and a New VSI with all the LEDs blinking 7 and 8 times. We know that there is not much to do in these cases except the replacement of the microprocessor. There are repair services that do it, we are trying it in Argentina, we will see how it goes. We already have the programmer almost ready if we find the solution we will share it.
We noticed that in the event of a sudden variation in charging or discharging, either due to home voltage/charger problems or faulty cables or joystick plate for safety reasons, they fail.
Siempre aprendiendo y brindando soluciones!.
REPARACIÓN SILLAS

Postby expresso » 03 Feb 2022, 03:48

Normally seven flashes means it is locked up. To reset is simple., just push the button on the control head (where the joystick is), to turn it off. (That is if it is not already off). Then push the button to turn it on, and when the flashing starts push the horn button twice. That should unlock it. Some people think of it as a reset. That should solve the problem. If it does not check your cables and make sure they are connected. These are the cables that run from the control head down to the base. If your not plugged in and your not in neutral, (check your levers), then you should be good to go. If not it may be your batteries.
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 03 Feb 2022, 04:41

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 03 Feb 2022, 09:04

REPARACIÓN SILLAS wrote:Hello, we are also here with several VSI joysticks and a New VSI with all the LEDs blinking 7 and 8 times. We know that there is not much to do in these cases except the replacement of the microprocessor. There are repair services that do it, we are trying it in Argentina, we will see how it goes. We already have the programmer almost ready if we find the solution we will share it.
We noticed that in the event of a sudden variation in charging or discharging, either due to home voltage/charger problems or faulty cables or joystick plate for safety reasons, they fail.

Have you tried "Checksum correction"? ..it may or may not work but you loose nothing in trying.

Run Checksum correction... then turn off the controller and then back on.... then overwrite the controller parameters with a NEW TEMPLATE and finally alter parameter values to suit.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 03 Feb 2022, 09:47

I should have said use the PC Mobility Programmer on the controller and run "Checksum correction" etc etc .
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby REPARACIÓN SILLAS » 03 Feb 2022, 19:02

expresso wrote:Normally seven flashes means it is locked up. To reset is simple., just push the button on the control head (where the joystick is), to turn it off. (That is if it is not already off). Then push the button to turn it on, and when the flashing starts push the horn button twice. That should unlock it. Some people think of it as a reset. That should solve the problem. If it does not check your cables and make sure they are connected. These are the cables that run from the control head down to the base. If your not plugged in and your not in neutral, (check your levers), then you should be good to go. If not it may be your batteries.

Thanks for the answers, if we do it on each joystick with the same fault, some are working and others are not.

Burgerman wrote:Flashes 7 times? Or 7 lights?

https://support.pgdt.com/Online-Diagnos ... Flash-Code

BM all leds blink a total of 7 times. I understand that it is "locked".

woodygb wrote:I should have said use the PC Mobility Programmer on the controller and run "Checksum correction" etc etc .

Woody I didn't know what you're showing me, I'll try it and let you know. Thank you all!!. :worship
REPARACIÓN SILLAS

Postby woodygb » 03 Feb 2022, 19:30

7 FLASHES.
Possible Joystick Trip
A joystick trip is indicated.
Make sure that the joystick is in the center position before switching on the VSI.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby REPARACIÓN SILLAS » 03 Feb 2022, 20:09

Yes Woody, but all the leds blink 7 times. What you suggest is to replace the template with a new one, I always do it, but sometimes when it blinks (the strange thing) is that I don't have communication.
REPARACIÓN SILLAS

Return to Everything Powerchair