Looking for dynamic linx programming dongle

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Looking for dynamic linx programming dongle

Postby rollon64 » 31 Dec 2021, 17:41

Hi,
where can I get a green Linx Access Key (OEM) ?

2. Can IR be activated? I do have a REM 500-A

Thanks for any help! :wave:
rollon64

Re: Looking for dynamic linx programming dongle

Postby fishinjunky » 31 Dec 2021, 18:02

You can't. Drive medical dealers had them advertised but I contacted all of them and they all said they discontinued them
Invacare tdx sp
Bounder 300M 200ah lifepo4
fishinjunky

Postby Burgerman » 31 Dec 2021, 18:05

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rollon64 » 01 Jan 2022, 15:00

fishinjunky wrote:You can't. Drive medical dealers had them advertised but I contacted all of them and they all said they discontinued them

@fishinjunky what is discontinued? IR ?
rollon64

Postby fishinjunky » 01 Jan 2022, 15:18

rollon64 wrote:
fishinjunky wrote:You can't. Drive medical dealers had them advertised but I contacted all of them and they all said they discontinued them

@fishinjunky what is discontinued? IR ?

The OEM dongle. I'm thinking they were advertised but never sold. Most likely a misunderstanding between manufacturer and retailer. So they are saying drive medical discontinued them. Dynamic is assholes about keeping us from getting the OEM dongle.

I'm not sure about IR?
Invacare tdx sp
fishinjunky

Postby Spectra_Pilot » 02 Jan 2022, 09:31

rollon64 wrote:Hi,
where can I get a green Linx Access Key (OEM) ?

2. Can IR be activated? I do have a REM 500-A

Thanks for any help! :wave:

banghead
Join the queue pal, I've been looking for quite a few months now banghead
Spectra_Pilot

Postby steves1977uk » 02 Jan 2022, 16:35

Honestly, it'd be quicker to swap to a R-net setup. At least you can buy the OEM programming kit and have it in a few weeks. Unless you want to wait months before a Dynamic LiNX dongle appears, although it may never do. :fencing That's why I told my local NHS that I would never accept a powerchair from them unless it has the R-net control system on it.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 02 Jan 2022, 19:57

I have OEM access. And I can tell you that options are very limited compared to r-net. And worse its very very non intuitive and I cant make head nor tail of some of it. Its all configured in a totally non intuitive way. I wouldnt want it even if it was free.

And some things such as motor compensattion is way over complicated. And very hard to know what it actually does. Many many settings. Such as these. Theres more than this!

And the program doesent scale properly in windows.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg
Image3.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 02 Jan 2022, 20:12

Theres many more pages of this just to set compensation correctly. All a bit cryptic and so you have to guess the effect.

So while its POSSIBLE to get OEM access (even with a DEALER dongle if you know how) its just not intuitive and simple in the way R-Net is. Thats why they want to keep it away from end users. To be able to use this you probably need many hours and a chair to experiment on and the guy who wrote it holding your hand. Given time I would be able to understand exactly what it does. A lot of time... Be a lot easier if it actually worked properly in windows.

R-net is relatively simple to configure and it is intuitive. And safe, as long as you understand that load compensation is a positive feedback loop based on measured motor current. So setting it a fraction too high can damage motors, and even cause a sudden runaway that you cannot stop. Broken legs or worse anyone? No idea what happens in this over complex linx setup... And so would be EXTREMELY cautious!!!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rollon64 » 02 Jan 2022, 20:40

I want to setup the navigation with 3 Twister buttons and one mode button.
And to setup IR commands (dont seem to be activateable).
I dont want to experiment with motor values. So mabe a dealer dongle is enough. :problem:
rollon64

Postby Burgerman » 02 Jan 2022, 20:40

With R-net its super simple.
You set a mOhm figure like say 50 that matches your motors in COMPENSATION. You can start low and gradually increase at say 5mOhm at a time until the chair begins to feel jumpy. then go back a step. You are done.

You can OPTIONALLY set a percentage in COMPENSATION FACTOR that is higher or lower than 100% (in yellow shown fields below) on a per profile basis. 100 is stock, same as the 50mOhm in the white compensation field above. So you can set it lower for a profile designed for indoor empty chair manoevering by your carers. For e.g.

And thats really it. R-net is all much more intuitive and use freindly. And can actually do more in regards seating and driving setting. And is laid out in a much more obvious intuitive way. And it works and scales correctly in windows too. To me theres no comparison.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 02 Jan 2022, 20:46

rollon64 wrote:I want to setup the navigation with 3 Twister buttons and one mode button.
And to setup IR commands (dont seem to be activateable).
I dont want to experiment with motor values. So mabe a dealer dongle is enough. :problem:

I think you can setup switch control and a switch for charging modes. I use 2 switches one for tilt and one for recline. But I have no experience programming switch control for driving. I'll let you know Tuesday when I get on my pc
Invacare tdx sp
fishinjunky

Postby LROBBINS » 02 Jan 2022, 20:48

Have you downloaded and read the manuals?
LROBBINS

Postby Burgerman » 02 Jan 2022, 20:52

Such as they are - yes.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 02 Jan 2022, 20:55

Burgerman wrote:With R-net its super simple.
You set a mOhm figure like say 50 that matches your motors in COMPENSATION. You can start low and gradually increase at say 5mOhm at a time until the chair begins to feel jumpy. then go back a step. You are done.

You can OPTIONALLY set a percentage in COMPENSATION FACTOR that is higher or lower than 100% (in yellow shown fields below) on a per profile basis. 100 is stock, same as the 50mOhm in the white compensation field above. So you can set it lower for a profile designed for indoor empty chair manoevering by your carers. For e.g.

And thats really it. R-net is all much more intuitive and use freindly. And can actually do more in regards seating and driving setting. And is laid out in a much more obvious intuitive way. And it works and scales correctly in windows too. To me theres no comparison.

I don't think I'm going to adjust Volts or motor compensation because I don't know what linx has going on. Maybe if I had a spare test chair that I didn't care about I would do some testing. The bounder motors are expensive.
I will eventually swap to r-net. No reason not to for the price it can be done like you showed. Just got to find the deals on the parts.
Invacare tdx sp
fishinjunky

Postby rollon64 » 10 Jan 2022, 17:40

Thanks for the links. It seems, that these companies are from US.

Are there any sellers in UK or EU?
rollon64

Postby Burgerman » 11 Jan 2022, 00:56

Any dealer that can supply a chair that uses one can supply a dongle.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair