R-Net steering

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: R-Net steering

Postby Burgerman » 18 Jun 2022, 17:35

Not being rude. Just amazed. Already spent 2 hours today fixing my ex's computer and trying to show a carer how to use his online banking and how to get an email address. I blame all these so called smart phones. The days where people used real computers seems to be long gone. No wonder apple increases share.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 18 Jun 2022, 17:46

How can you find out if a powerchair has a gyroscope?
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 18 Jun 2022, 19:12

Normally its easy to tell. As it will be unstable, and so needs one. Like front drive chairs. You can barely drive one without it to prevent it spinning or fishtailing.

The occasional mid drives have them, or have other things like shaft encoders in order that it goes "straight" with non proportional control as used by some speciality control systems, etc.

On the Q700R chair its included as stock. In the front, rear and mid drive versions. You have to actually tick a box to NOT have one... I have one on mine. It makes the chair drive pretty horrid. So is disabled in every profile.

How can you tell if it has one?
Physically looking for it, connected in the bus cable somewhere. Or look in programming software. Or just drive the chair and its as clear as hell!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 18 Jun 2022, 19:18

In programmer, connect to your chair, do you see this?
You have a gyro.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 18 Jun 2022, 20:37

OK.
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 18 Jun 2022, 21:54

If you have a front drive chair its needed in order to go in a straight line. They want to spin around and go the opposite way.
They are also good if you have annormal hand/eye coordination, or cannot use hands. So that if you use a blow tube or switches for control, it will always go straight. Even on a lateral slope. For most people they are not only not needed but not wanted. If the chair is programmed PROPERLY then the gyros just make everything worse. And less predictable. And remove feel or feedback.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 18 Jun 2022, 21:57

I don't like front drive powerchairs...
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 18 Jun 2022, 22:10

Same here.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scragger7 » 19 Jun 2022, 00:03

No gyro fitted on my chair.
Scragger7

Postby Burgerman » 19 Jun 2022, 00:16

Do you have normal hand function?

Be interesting to see if you prefer. This is not the OTT settings I normally use. This is what I would and do set for all normal people that want proper control. With correct hand positioning and normal hand function. Its not wild in any way but very proportional, direct and linear and balanced. Across all speeds. In a single user profile. Test speed 1 or 2 indoors. 5 outdoors.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scragger7 » 19 Jun 2022, 04:59

Gave it a go, empty chair probably not needed. All speeds was ok tho i think i prefer my outdoor 5 tho reverse is a bit touchy on my 5 and a bit smoother on yours. If you have a wilder setting happy to try it out. Will attach my setting if you want to compare and see what you can fined.
Attachments
my chairv1.R-net
(3.46 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Scragger7

Postby Burgerman » 19 Jun 2022, 08:22

Your settings are already similar to my profile I see. With all turn acc and dec at max to remove dlayed action nonsense all stock chairs suffer. So no major difference. You might try the motor compensation at 50 as thats where mine ended up. If its jumpy at super low speeds after this then reduce torque setting a little.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scragger7 » 19 Jun 2022, 09:38

Cheers Burger.
Scragger7

Postby Scooterman » 20 Jun 2022, 12:44

Can you have more than one profile with this controller?

There's no profile button on controller :problem:
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 12.42.12.png
Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 12.42.12.png (172.59 KiB) Viewed 610 times
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jun 2022, 12:48

Never tried. I think so though.
I have one of those joysticks, never used it though.
But only ever needed one CORRECTLY PROGRAMMED profile. With 5 speeds. Seriously dont see a need for more than one.

Other than a profile I have that cannot be speeded up, one single slow speed, for an empty chair moved about by a carer with no danger.
Thats not really needed. I intend removing it as it just slows profile selection.

If I wasnt on this bed awaiting a nurse/some foot bloke to look at my lovely fungal nail desease I would plug in, and find out!
If I didnt need seating options because of sores, thats the one I would use. But you need the visuals with so many options.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 20 Jun 2022, 20:05

Burgerman wrote:If I wasnt on this bed awaiting a nurse/some foot bloke to look at my lovely fungal nail desease I would plug in, and find out!
If I didnt need seating options because of sores, thats the one I would use..

I feel sorry for you cos so much productive time gets wasted cos you're stuck on the damn bed. It must be really frustrating .

I've got just the one profile set up on the above joystick. Although when I got chair and used the r-net dongle to read controller, I saw there were about 5 different profiles?

When taking the train for example, I transfer across to train seat then maneuvour chair out of way. Trouble is the slowest speed is a bit vicious, especially with side to side joystick turns. It's fine when I'm sitting in it, but when trying to stretch and waggle joystick it's not easy and really jerk. The best solution I think is to make the controller quick release. It has a long r-net cable as I did away with the tilt/lift and just coiled excess lead. When I have the controller in my hands on a flying lead it's almost as easy maneuvouring chair as when sat in it.
Attachments
IMG_8043.jpeg
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jun 2022, 21:20

Thats why I have a seperate profile used for when nobody is sat in the chair.
With reduced motor compensation so it doesent jump... And so that thers no way to set fast speeds. Only speed 1.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 21 Jun 2022, 06:25

Burgerman wrote:Thats why I have a seperate profile used for when nobody is sat in the chair.
With reduced motor compensation so it doesent jump... And so that thers no way to set fast speeds. Only speed 1.

I might try that if controller allows me to add extra profile.

I guess you set the fwd and rev and max and min speed percentage the same. About 10% across the board would you say? Or higher or lower than 10%?

And can you remember what motor compensation figure?

It is a good idea cos I sometimes ask someone else to move the chair for me. Although try not to cos they usually crash it.
Scooterman

Postby rover220 » 21 Jun 2022, 07:17

The led joystick does allow the use of profiles. Or it can be used in speed mode.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 21 Jun 2022, 08:52

Set the empty chair profile with 15 to 20% LOWER compensation. Also you can add some damping if you want too.

For all your speeds and profiles just add my overlay directly.
Dont be tempted to change a thing. Just send this to both chairs.
Attachments
STEER.Rnss
(4.76 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 23 Jun 2022, 12:59

rover220 wrote:The led joystick does allow the use of profiles. Or it can be used in speed mode.

Thank you Rover, and thank you for bringing the Jive all the way down here last Friday. cheers

Burgerman wrote:Set the empty chair profile with 15 to 20% LOWER compensation. Also you can add some damping if you want too.

For all your speeds and profiles just add my overlay directly.
Dont be tempted to change a thing. Just send this to both chairs.

Thanks BM :thumbup: And sorry I'm late replying to this, I've been carefully stripping and storing the top half of the Jive. I've decided I bought it for a project so that's what I'm going to do. I am storing everything including the tilt. So I can put it back if needed in the future. Apart from the kerb climber and swingaway footrests, they've gone the wheelie bin.

So I open the .RNSS file with r-net software and write to wheelchair/s controllers. After doing that will I have to lower the motor compensation as well, or is that included in the overlay. Also I assume the overlay, doesn't alter the chair's existing settings does it? :geek:

But I will save the existing chair's settings before overlaying in case anything goes wrong. hanged
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jun 2022, 13:39

I made that steer.rnss file for all chairs. So obviously cannot inclue compensation changes in it. Only the things that make it steer.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 23 Jun 2022, 19:59

Burgerman wrote:I made that steer.rnss file for all chairs. So obviously cannot inclue compensation changes in it. Only the things that make it steer.

Okay understand I just wanted to check. I'm looking forward to trying it :thumbup:
Scooterman

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair