Powered height adjustable footrest....

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Powered height adjustable footrest....

Postby AVIVA_RX20_PILOT » 11 Jul 2022, 19:06

Hi everyone, tonight’s puzzle.....

I’m totally paralysed and locked in a semi sitting position. Recently after a week long hospital admission I developed 2 pressure sores!

I have a 2021 Invacare Aviva Modulite and the Ottobok cushion isn’t 100% comfy yet.
To try and alleviate the pain I’m putting my feet on a stool/sofa arm to get the circulation back.

I’m totally rigid and wondering if electric powered footplates/hangers would be a solution as they be infinitly adjustable!

Advice please would be appreciated
AVIVA_RX20_PILOT

Re: Powered height adjustable footrest....

Postby ex-Gooserider » 12 Jul 2022, 00:58

Hard to answer this kind of question from a distance, as we can't see your personal body issues / disabilities, etc.. That said, it seems likely to me that they would help, but I'd say that you should ask your local seating experts / PT-OT folks and so on...

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Re: Powered height adjustable footrest....

Postby Burgerman » 12 Jul 2022, 12:44

wondering if electric powered footplates/hangers would be a solution as they be infinitly adjustable!

ALL footrests are infinitely adjustable either by nuts and bolts intended to adjust, or if not by hacksaw, hammer, drill or whatever is required. This needs to be done for not only footrests but everything. That includes arm poitions, height, width, depth, angle as well as joystick mounting placement. And seat dump angle, CG position, backrest angle, shape headrest position and rigidity, and seat depth. And then all cables and other bits and pieces moved, cable ties, and generally tidied up. At the ime your chair arrives. Followed (and not before) by CORRECTLY programming everything to suit your needs. That alone is half a days job but essential
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair