ISDT charger with PC interface

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

ISDT charger with PC interface

Postby wheelchairer » 24 Jul 2022, 12:15

I wonder what people think of this alternative, this ISDT charger, the CM1620; https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002 ... 491dwaejgX
Now it looks interesting with the PC interface and there is a wireless control box with screen to, but never played with one. I did read the phone application wasn’t working too well, but not gone looking again to see any other reports.

Video’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTWzZGacWO0
C4/5 tetra
BM 8 mph 8mph linix R-net 150Ah lith
Tom BM clone needs 8mph linix, R-net odyssey batteries
Lifestand motion tech 5.6 mph R-net 112Ah lith
wheelchairer

Re: ISDT charger with PC interface

Postby Burgerman » 24 Jul 2022, 14:08

My concerns would be cheap chinese quality.
And firmware and software capabiity, this is the big one.

For e.g watching that vid it appears that it reaches some voltage and then either stops (wrong) or continues indefinitely beeping now and again till YOU turn it off. (Also wrong!)

You need to be able to set a:
charge current.
A CV voltage per cell.
The voltage that the BALANCE starts/
The point where it shuts off, for e.g that should be AFTER balance is completed where almost no balance current is still remaining (you set this) and all cells are within say 3mV. YOU choose this. And when CV has been between around 15 to 30 mins (adjustable by you) after balance as been achieved.

It doesent seem like any of that is possible?
The devil is in the details which I dont know. For e.g. it may have a safety Ah limit? Ao after say 50Ah it might think theres a problem We need 250Ah and above. Can you set these things? Theres 101 other traps. Without really looking closely I cannot know.

Theres a phone book full of C code hidden i that charger. Or should be! How do you know what decisions the programmer (who knows nothing about our large batteries) has made on your behalf all hidden? Along wih how many errors in the code?

When it comes to complex chargers the real e=work is not the hardware. But many years of development and bug fixing of code. And this is usually the issue with cheap chinesium chargers.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 24 Jul 2022, 14:24

I don't know much on the ISDT chargers but I think these models could be options for lifepo4 but would need to play around with them to be sure. To test features like end current etc.

ISDT P30. .(up to 50 amps in sync mode) and 8s
https://www.progressiverc.com/products/isdt-p30

ISDT Q8 MAX ( up to 30 amps) 8s
https://www.progressiverc.com/products/isdt-q8-max

ISDT CM1620. ( up to 50amps with 3 in parallel sync mode) 16s
https://www.buddyrc.com/products/isdt-c ... 6397027516

ISDT CM1620 CONTROLLER
https://www.buddyrc.com/products/isdt-c ... 7061806268

BUT for the price I would get a iCharger 308 duo but that's just me because I'm familiar with iCharger.
https://www.progressiverc.com/products/icharger-308duo
Invacare tdx sp
Bounder 300M 200ah lifepo4
fishinjunky

Postby fishinjunky » 24 Jul 2022, 14:28

Burgerman wrote:My concerns would be cheap chinese quality.
And firmware and software capabiity, this is the big one.

For e.g watching that vid it appears that it reaches some voltage and then either stops (wrong) or continues indefinitely beeping now and again till YOU turn it off. (Also wrong!)

You need to be able to set a:
charge current.
A CV voltage per cell.
The voltage that the BALANCE starts/
The point where it shuts off, for e.g that should be AFTER balance is completed where almost no balance current is still remaining (you set this) and all cells are within say 3mV. YOU choose this. And when CV has been between around 15 to 30 mins (adjustable by you) after balance as been achieved.

It doesent seem like any of that is possible?
The devil is in the details which I dont know. For e.g. it may have a safety Ah limit? Ao after say 50Ah it might think theres a problem We need 250Ah and above. Can you set these things? Theres 101 other traps. Without really looking closely I cannot know.

Theres a phone book full of C code hidden i that charger. Or should be! How do you know what decisions the programmer (who knows nothing about our large batteries) has made on your behalf all hidden? Along wih how many errors in the code?

When it comes to complex chargers the real e=work is not the hardware. But many years of development and bug fixing of code. And this is usually the issue with cheap chinesium chargers.

Bm,
This is also my concern with ISDT chargers. I can't find any documentation showing that it's possible to adjust or set these specific settings. To many unknowns :thumbdown: ....
Invacare tdx sp
fishinjunky

Postby wheelchairer » 24 Jul 2022, 20:19

thank you
C4/5 tetra
BM 8 mph 8mph linix R-net 150Ah lith
Tom BM clone needs 8mph linix, R-net odyssey batteries
Lifestand motion tech 5.6 mph R-net 112Ah lith
wheelchairer

Postby fishinjunky » 25 Jul 2022, 12:23

JhonaGramm wrote:Hey,

I am looking for also the same solution for my ISDT Charger that how can I interact that charger with pc???

Regards: Sharpdetailsilverspring

depends on which ISDT charger you have
Invacare tdx sp
fishinjunky

Postby fishinjunky » 25 Jul 2022, 12:32

i just saw these comments on the ISDT CM1620 video.. I wouldnt get one not worth the unknowns. Get a used PL8 from Shirley_hkg or get a ICharger.

" Do not buy this. I contacted isdt and they admit cheating. It does not work on android! Isdt sells a product which does not work.
"Our engineers feedback me that the APP for Android of this CM1620 is far from prefect.
Considering that most of people abroad use iPhone a lot, so we put more efforts into the iOS version of our APP.
During this period, our engineers will try their best to adapt Android system, so I suggest you use iPhone to use app in recently days to experience the full functions of this device."

" I want to add that parallel charging doesnt work either (even using iOS) Er157 "

" Just want to let you know that buddyrc does not respond to emails and I had open a paypal conflict to be able to return those products. The devices do not meet the advertised function "
Invacare tdx sp
fishinjunky

Postby Burgerman » 25 Jul 2022, 13:23

Well they are cheap chinesium, so massive claims, and specs, and "features" and low on R and D, build quality, warranty, repairability, continuity of product lines, and firmware or software development. As thats where the time and money is. YOU are the beta tester. And before they can be bothered to get everything sorted fully and bug fixed, they launch a new better product instead. Over and over.

Personally cant stand android or apple/Ios stuff either. They are both advertising companies, that "give" you free stuff or lock you into or push you to use their services or products. Making YOU the target, the product, and information source of all your data/ and a fool.

I am only ever interested in a windows system and only then the one used by banks, air traffic control etc. LTSC version. Not the dummy one everyone else uses. So non of the crap installed in it. No reporting everything to microsoft. No forcing "feature £££ updates" on you every few months. No phoning home or data mining.

And I dont have or want a "smart" phone ever. I have better solutions for everything they do. And that does not include "social media" where you again are the target/product. Those things were invented to give real computer users that had a PC and didnt know why something to do. And to target you with ads. I have not seen a single ad, paid link, or any kind of that stuff anywhere for decades. I have various software and personal choices that dont allow any of it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair