demo for sale

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

demo for sale

Postby Tomkilmore » 11 Aug 2022, 22:21

Hi All,

I have just posted a chair for sale in the relevant section...check it out!

Thanks
tom k
Tomkilmore

Re: demo for sale

Postby wheelchairer » 04 Sep 2022, 18:16

Hi Tom. If you go on eBay and look for pipe end caps, you can get shiny silver bungs to put in them holes in the middle of your back wheels, the whole for the hub nut. :thumbup:

And for getting them out just bend an old crappy screwdriver so you can get under the edge and lever them.
C4/5 tetra
BM 8 mph 8mph linix R-net 150Ah lith
Tom BM clone needs 8mph linix, R-net odyssey batteries
Lifestand motion tech 5.6 mph R-net 112Ah lith
wheelchairer

Postby Burgerman » 04 Sep 2022, 21:48

Details matter. Without them it makes it look like a scrap yard build. Mine came from an onlne engineering company and the wheel spacer was machined to the right size to accept them.

And no, theres no "silicone" on the tyres. They were washed in soapy water, and then shone up a bit with a rough cloth before fitting. And theres no tube. And a tubeless spacer with rubber rings.

They are held together with the same 6 bolts that hold them to the chair. That stainless spacer in easy to remove with finger nails but is around 1 inch deep so hard yo pull out. It uses a wavy plastic shape. Like pipe cap ends.

The bolts are stainless and no I have never "rounded one" or snapped one. All stainless requires grease on the threads.
The adapters for the wheels are steel, machined on my lath, tigged in place at the college up the street. These are the stock wheel/motor hubs from the AMT motors as supplied by sunrise. I did 4 at a time.

Hubs and machined adapters...

Welded together.

Fitted to motor and painted. Rattlecan...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 04 Sep 2022, 21:51

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 04 Sep 2022, 22:12

This is another way that I did the same thing. In this case to fit the cheap tubed steel wheels with the 145/70-6 tyres from eBay. But you can drill these to fit other rims.

https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/images ... s-1200.jpg

So you dont have to weld anything. Buy you do need a lathe in your bedroom. Or a drawing and someone that will make you these. That M6 centre threadded hole bolts a flat cap on. And you dont even need that centre bolt. See below:

The centre caps on my salsa are simply flat stainless steel disks. Ordered laser cut online. They are the correct thickness so that the fancy allow lad spreading washers and wheel bolts, hold the centrecap in place.

A bit of careful planning!

https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/ ... &mode=view
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Seajays » 05 Sep 2022, 17:43

BM, you do awsome work.
Seajays

Postby Burgerman » 05 Sep 2022, 21:02

I actually do stuff the easiest way I can. But work CLEAN... For e.g I hand polished the wheel rims with a cloth and some metal polish. I polished the stainless bolts on an old grinder/polisher.

This is an old £15 polisher/bench grinder. And a bolt held in a drill. I woldnt dream of fitting a NON polished bolt! And greased too. Since stainless "grabs" otherwise. Then assemble stuff with attension to detail that chairs like toms, or production line stuff just dont have/or do.

Its just a case of doing stuff properly rather than the assembled on a farm look. To me that matters. Because I know its put together right. I dismantle new standard chairs like the Salsa. So I can rebuild it with the correct "fit" and correct bolts, greased where required, loctite where needed, and polished and fine tuned where needed. With better bearings, better more accurately fitted (machined) spacers, etc.

Its just time. And care. Using the simplest tools. And external welding at the college (I add a few tokens to the tea fund) if needed since welding when paralised and sat isnt wise. I do enough damage with burns just using grinders, soldering etc.

I would like a tig. But without legs to operate trigger, or feeling to know when I am on fire its unwise!

Polishing stainless bolts.
Drill, and old grinder with polishing mop.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 05 Sep 2022, 21:29

EVERY bolt, inc the hidden ones, are stainless, Polished properly. Greased. And properly finished paintwork, powder coating, clear coated, etc. When I put stuff together I KNOW its all as perfect as it can be.

When you let someone else build stuff, they dont get it. And everything is "near enough". But its not near enough for me. If somethings worth doing its worth doing it properly. I do this with every part. It matters to me.

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby biscuit » 05 Sep 2022, 23:04

You have justifiable pride in your chairs, Burgerman. There is a huge personal investment into making every little thing as good as it can get. And same with everything around you and the advice you give on here.
biscuit

Postby Burgerman » 05 Sep 2022, 23:06

Or maybe I am a bit OCD... :clap
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 07 Sep 2022, 14:25

Burgerman wrote:Under seat!

Not exactly stock.

https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/BM3-co ... ronics.jpg

work of art :worship