Cabin Car and PGDT software (S-drive 200A)

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Cabin Car and PGDT software (S-drive 200A)

Postby DoctorFinlay » 25 May 2023, 17:54

Hi,
I joined here a while back when I needed to do some stuff with my Sterling S700 scooter and Woody very kindly made me a cable. I then used the Programmer software to connect it up and change a couple of things. I have just bought a cabin car- the easylife mobility version, not the Scooterpac one, and it has an S-Drive 200A controller. I have tried connecting everything up in the same way as I did with my S700, but I can’t get it to connect. I have checked the com port both in Windows settings and then in the software itself. I have tried connecting stuff in different orders, but still nothing.

Does anyone have any experience with these things? I would like to check the hi/lo power settings as on low, it is maxing out at 2mph! It also beeps when the indicator is on, and if I could change that, I would be a very happy bunny.

Thanks for any pointers anyone is able to give me.
DoctorFinlay

Re: Cabin Car and PGDT software (S-drive 200A)

Postby woodygb » 25 May 2023, 19:50

The larger amperage S-Drives will not connect / program with the earlier programming leads.

Kirk from this forum supplied a solution in the form of a different build schematic.
kirk layout veroboard trans.jpg
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Re: Cabin Car and PGDT software (S-drive 200A)

Postby DoctorFinlay » 25 May 2023, 20:32

Thanks Woody- that explains why it wouldn’t work then! At least I’m not going mad, and it will stop me wasting more time trying to get it to work. I think I will have to see if a mate can build a new cable as electronics like this are beyond me unfortunately. Failing that I will have to bite the bullet and see if a cabin car dealer will make the changes for me. Thanks again for your help!
DoctorFinlay

Return to Everything Powerchair