Losing weight in a chair

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Losing weight in a chair

Postby ICEUK » 22 Jun 2023, 13:31

I was able to weigh myself a few months back and I was astonished to see the scales hit 17 stone 6 or 112 kilos, I spoke to a dietician and I had one question for her what should be my calorie intake and she said 1500 per day. So I followed the slimming world diet regime but limited myself to 1500 calories max per day some days it's a 1000 and over the last few months I have lost just over a stone. It's hard to lose weight in a chair but it's not going to stop me.
ICEUK

Re: Losing weight in a chair

Postby Burgerman » 22 Jun 2023, 16:55

I was told the same 1500. Its rediculous.

I limited myself to 1000 and counted it very carefully and lost a miserable 4lb over 3 months. We are told this 1500 because that applies to the general population. We dont use anywhere near this. So need far less.

I ate protein only, 2 packs of sliced chicken a day. 400 calories. And lost 4.5 stone over a 6 to 7 month period. Yes thats too extreme and unhealthy. I drank only water/diet drinks.

But it certainly works. I have done this twice in my life.

Weight is simple. Its calories (energy) in versus energy consumed.

Its easy to stick to a extreme diet because you can see the weight drop rapidly.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 22 Jun 2023, 17:13

Burgerman has hit the nail on the head.
A person who spends most of the day sitting hardly consumes energy...
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 22 Jun 2023, 17:17

most of the day sitting

All of the day!
And all of the night laying down.
And not even using trunk muscles to steady yourself...

You burn way under half the calories a normal AB does even when they are couch potatoes.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Pierro » 23 Jun 2023, 17:34

Without exercise, losing weight becomes frustrating. Everyone has to find out for themselves what kind of movement their own disability allows. Losing weight is very difficult for many of us, whereas gaining weight is easy.

I'm very careful about my weight because I know how quickly I'm gaining weight. I gain weight in winter and lose weight in summer. Because I'm much more active in the summer and rarely leave the apartment in the winter.

But because I drink beer every season, I'm not getting thinner. beer
My dream: drive a self-made power chair with a lot of power and high speed. For infinite range.
Pierro

Return to Everything Powerchair