Instant Profile Select - CJSM2

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Instant Profile Select - CJSM2

Postby 700R » 30 Nov 2023, 13:20

Guys, I'm missing something really obvious here and can't for the life of me remember what it is I'm looking for. I've sorted this annoyance out in the past but can't today on 2 new control units.

When you select profile on the joystick and then press it again it should ideally give you another profile immediately. However, on pressing profile it gives you a screen that requires a left or right joystick scroll menu then you select your choice by a forward joystick movement. It's long winded and bloody annoying. Profile assign setting is on profile.

Humour me please!
700R

Re: Instant Profile Select - CJSM2

Postby Burgerman » 30 Nov 2023, 14:54

Tell the button what to do?
Asign buttons>profile button
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby 700R » 30 Nov 2023, 16:26

It's saved on the 'profile' setting, as said in my original post. I've even changed it to profile/modes (which is what it appears stuck on) and then back but nothing. It appears to write to the module fine with all other settings but it just doesn't want to change this parameter. It's on 2 chair modules too but the other chairs are fine and settings are the same. One thing these new joysticks didn't do is run through a percentage counter on screen like the others have in the past but just flickered on completion, though the laptop did and like I say all other parameters wrote to the joystick fine.

Thanks anyway.
700R

Postby Burgerman » 30 Nov 2023, 16:36

I would check on mine but I now have 1 profile.

And use the speed flag switch to go from too slow to catch cold, yawn, to wheelies and full speed in 5 steps. For the life of me I cant find any sensible use for more profiles. And you can run up and down these while driving with one finger.

Added... My memory seems to remember this from somewhere!
Some joysticks do not allow button mapping, depending on manufacturer, power module firmware or joystck firmware from my failing memory. All my own sunrise setups do.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby 700R » 30 Nov 2023, 16:53

Burgerman wrote:I would check on mine but I now have 1 profile.

And use the speed flag switch to go from too slow to catch cold, yawn, to wheelies and full speed in 5 steps. For the life of me I cant find any sensible use for more profiles. And you can run up and down these whole driving with one finger.

I've got 1 profile on a chair which is fine if you remember to turn it down when someone else moves it or it destroys anything in its tracks. It turns left and right too severely for indoor use anyway but is great outdoors. I prefer an ''empty' profile when others are around to move them and an indoor profile that isn't as sharp for manoeuvres where busy and tighter. Speed isn't an issue, sharpness is and I don't want to dull down my outdoor profile as it's pulled me out of a few situations in the woods over the years that my indoor profile wouldn't do.

You have full arm/hand/finger movement so the one finger while driving thing isn't relevant.
700R

Postby 700R » 30 Nov 2023, 16:56

Burgerman wrote:
Added... My memory seems to remember this from somewhere!
Some joysticks do not allow button mapping, depending on manufacturer, power module firmware or joystck firmware from my failing memory. All my own sunrise setups do.

Interesting! Both joysticks are Sunrise but maybe the firmware with either or is the issue?
700R

Postby Burgerman » 30 Nov 2023, 17:09

Or maybe different power module firmware. Button remapping was added when they started using the CJSM2 after a while.

Maybe rover has come across it? Just because it exists in the menu doesent mean the system supports it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 30 Nov 2023, 19:02

Momentary screens enabled?
rover220

Postby 700R » 30 Nov 2023, 19:23

rover220 wrote:Momentary screens enabled?

Yes, mate, that's enabled. I might have to try another power module, I have a few with different numbers.
700R

Postby Burgerman » 01 Dec 2023, 12:08

Doesent fix your issue but...

I've got 1 profile on a chair which is fine if you remember to turn it down when someone else moves it or it destroys anything in its tracks.

But you would have to remember to set a different profile anyway. So same problem. If its set fast, then its set fast!

It turns left and right too severely for indoor use anyway but is great outdoors. I prefer an ''empty' profile when others are around to move them and an indoor profile that isn't as sharp for manoeuvres where busy and tighter. Speed isn't an issue, sharpness is and I don't want to dull down my outdoor profile as it's pulled me out of a few situations in the woods over the years that my indoor profile wouldn't do.

You set your outdoor full speed profile 5 to the same as you have now. Absolutely no change.
You set the slowest speed on 1 (which is all your "minimums" so minimum turn speed, minimum turn accel, min turn decel, min forward and min backward accelerations / or decel and minimum speeds) to whatever your indoor/slow profile you want for others is.

Then the speeds, 1 to 5 go from your super safe super slow indoor turn speeds and forward/reverse speeds and other settings right up to your max performance outdoor settings. And everything in between. No messing about or remembering to change profiles is ever needed.

But I DO have a 2nd profile. For different reasons. It has the same indoor low speeds, and same outdoor high speeds. But its for moving an empty chair or when radio controlled. Its only difference is that it gives priority to the IO module, and has a lower motor compensation setting and torque is set much lower as its not required as the chair is empty. So it is smoother at super slow speeds.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby 700R » 01 Dec 2023, 13:08

I'm fully au fait with the programming possibilities and understand exactly what you are saying. Ultimately forgetting to change an 'Indoor' profile to 'Empty Chair' wouldn't cause carnage. Forgetting to reduce the speed on an 'Outdoor' profile would. - In MY case.
700R

Postby Burgerman » 01 Dec 2023, 13:16

I dont see why that is any different?

If the chair is left on "fast" in either case the result is the same. The only difference is which button you have to press to do so.

But both ways would seem to work regardless.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby 700R » 01 Dec 2023, 14:22

Burgerman wrote:I dont see why that is any different?

If the chair is left on "fast" in either case the result is the same. The only difference is which button you have to press to do so.

But both ways would seem to work regardless.

If the chair is left on 'fast' in either case the result is NOT the same as fast in 'Indoor' isn't anywhere near as severe as fast in 'Outdoor' so no deaths will occur.

Yes, there are more ways to skin a tortoise.
700R

Postby Burgerman » 01 Dec 2023, 14:26

If the chair is left on fast on your ONLY profile if you forget then you should have left it on slow (on 1) instead.
If the chair is left on fast and you forget to change to a new slower profile (that is your "indoor" one) it will be just the same as above.

Theres theres no difference at all? A single button press either way makes it slow and exactly the same indoors?
Unless I am missing something.

But do it your way if you can get it to work. But my way means you dont have to fix your profile button problem.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby 700R » 01 Dec 2023, 14:47

Burgerman wrote:If the chair is left on fast on your ONLY profile if you forget then you should have left it on slow (on 1) instead.
If the chair is left on fast and you forget to change to a new slower profile (that is your "indoor" one) it will be just the same as above.

Theres theres no difference at all? A single button press either way makes it slow and exactly the same indoors?
Unless I am missing something.

But do it your way if you can get it to work. But my way means you dont have to fix your profile button problem.

The chair is always on 'Indoor' in the home. So, rinse and repeat, there is a difference.

Your way, which I've also used in the past, would solve the issue on the other chairs in terms of faffing about for profiles.
700R

Postby Burgerman » 01 Dec 2023, 22:57

What happens if you swap joysticks between chairs?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby 700R » 02 Dec 2023, 12:40

Burgerman wrote:What happens if you swap joysticks between chairs?

I haven't changed anything yet and I'm out today but I will swop joysticks to test. Currently I'm in the 700R and going out to test a refined single profile. Speed 1 is for the dead, 2 is suitable indoors, 3, 4 and 5 are fast and sharp outdoors.
700R

Postby 700R » 02 Dec 2023, 19:27

Burgerman wrote:What happens if you swap joysticks between chairs?

Still no change. If I get the chance I will have the power module swopped to see if it is an issue.
700R

Postby Burgerman » 02 Dec 2023, 19:40

It will be. Not all have the same feature set in the firmware.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair