2021 Permobil M3 Project Chair Permobil Joystick Questions

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

2021 Permobil M3 Project Chair Permobil Joystick Questions

Postby F3Head » 17 Jan 2024, 21:05

2021 Permobil M3 Backup project chair joystick questions. My chair has recline/tilt/legrest and no seat elevator lift capability. However, only the tilt and legrest functions work. When I look at the joystick buttons mounted behind the joystick, only two of seating icons, tilt and legrest are lit green? When I go into the joystick mode and see the image of the chair seat on joystick which is yellow, only two functions tilt and leg rest light up yellow? Why no recline function is lit?

Why would the recline function not be lit yellow when I toggle through the functions by pressing the joystick to the right or left? I know the chair has the capability it worked before with a different joystick. I'm assuming it's a programming issue because there's no errors displayed on the joystick to indicate a problem in the joystick works perfectly. I did notice there looks like there's three programed functions M1, M2, M3 also in the joystick menu.

How do I figure out what the chair seating Memory functions will do? Do you think it's a programming issue or perhaps a loose wire or something else which doesn't let the recline function work? I don't think anything is broken because there are no messages or errors in the joystick and everything else works properly.

How do I load a factory default all seating functions profile? i.e. the one I came with from the factory? Note: I did put in alternative ICS switchbox for headrest switches.

F3HEAD
Attachments
January 17, 2024 joystick CJSM Screenshot 2024-01-17 145225.png
Joystick
F3Head

Re: 2021 Permobil M3 Project Chair Permobil Joystick Quest

Postby Burgerman » 17 Jan 2024, 21:09

I could tell you exactly how to do that and to check what is programmed etc on a normal r-net chair. But no clue with permobil. Sorry no idea how to help. What I see there is a permobil joystick, permobil switches that plug into the permobil ICS module. I dont know how to program, check, or configure any of that but its not done in the usual way with a normal r-net programmer. As far as I can tell. Rover may be along in a bit.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 17 Jan 2024, 23:10

An idea.
Unplug an actuator that does work. See if it vanishes from the menu. If so, then no errors, it may be an actuator wiring problem/connection on recline. If it does give an error or still appears in the js menu then it must be programming. Which I dont know how to fix...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby F3Head » 18 Jan 2024, 19:06

Well I know it's not Permobil ICS alternative switchbox. I had the same problem before I plugged in the switchbox. I'm hoping somebody else may have some suggestions. I was hoping there was a default program configuration file for all seat functions that someone may know how to tell me to load It. it's a good idea about unplugging the wires. I'll give that a try as I still have it mostly apart. Everything functions really well with the joystick which leads me to believe that it's not an electrical or mechanical problem but more likely a programming issue. I'm not sure how much help I would get from Permobil or National Seating & Mobility. I know the chair was sold by Numotion, it still has to sticker. I'm still pondering and opened it anymore suggestions or ideas from anyone.

Does anyone know what the sequence of keypresses are to get into the full joystick settings and parameters and functions? Who knows it might even be unlocked for all I know. I don't have a programmer.

Thanks, F3HEAD
F3Head

Postby swalker » 18 Jan 2024, 22:54

Did you replace the ICS switchbox? If so, does it have the same label for the LED (above the buttons) as the old one?

You can configure the ICS system so that the buttons on the ICS switchbox mean different things.

With the way you have two green LEDs, one far to the right and one second from the left, it appears that you could have the wheelchair in memory mode and that the wheelchair is in the position of memory position 2.

If you don't know about how to configure this, you can review Permobil's ICS manual: https://www.manualslib.com/download/147 ... l-Ics.html

Steve
Permobil F5 Corpus 3G
Permobil C500s VS
Permobil C500 Corpus 3G
Permobil C350 Corpus 3G
Magic Mobility X4 with 176 Ah LiFePO4
swalker

Postby F3Head » 19 Jan 2024, 19:38

swalker wrote:Did you replace the ICS switchbox? If so, does it have the same label for the LED (above the buttons) as the old one?

You can configure the ICS system so that the buttons on the ICS switchbox mean different things.

With the way you have two green LEDs, one far to the right and one second from the left, it appears that you could have the wheelchair in memory mode and that the wheelchair is in the position of memory position 2.

If you don't know about how to configure this, you can review Permobil's ICS manual: https://www.manualslib.com/download/147 ... l-Ics.html

Steve

I think you're onto it here. I don't have help until tomorrow. But everything works flawlessly and it does seem to be a memory issue retaining one of the presets somebody else programed. I will also try Burgerman suggestion of unplugging the ICS and unplugging the backrest recline function. The chairs apart it's no problem to complement the wire. Anyone know how to load the factory default profile? I only have two of the chair functions lit green. They are the tilt which works great, and leg rest which work great. But the recline button behind the joystick is not lit green or any color, nor does it do anything when pressed. I'm going to try unplugging all the wires that mount to the frame on the right front corner. Then power off the chair and power back on after a few minutes and then plug the wires back in. Hopefully, it will reconfigure itself. The alternative ICS switchbox appears to be exactly the same as the other same number As my F3.

Thanks,Steve

F3HEAD
F3Head

Postby ex-Gooserider » 23 Jan 2024, 02:40

On my old Pilot+ chair controller box, and I think NORMAL R-net does the same, actuators will disappear if they have a connection problem, and reappear when they are connected properly... I'd start by checking all the wiring and plugs to make sure everything is properly connected.

It may also help to try swapping the recline actuator with one of the ones that is working, and see if it works (be careful not to over run anything, just see if it moves at all) that will at least let you see if it is a hardware issue (if it doesn't work) or software (if it does) \

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jan 2024, 02:57

You can program r-net response to do various things if actuators are missing or seating not connected etc. Not sure how that would work on a permobil. Probably not at all. Different alternate seating modules.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair