R-Net ESP Settings

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

R-Net ESP Settings

Postby FinalBoss » 09 Feb 2024, 14:45

Hey all,

I've come across these settings that I haven't seen before. Can anyone explain what they are and how changing these settings would impact my sports chair?

FinalBoss

Re: R-Net ESP Settings

Postby Burgerman » 09 Feb 2024, 17:07

Yes. These relate to a non r-net gyro. You cannot change the speed settings in the normal place at the top of the page, or very strange things will happen... These head speed signals are not intended for user use on a chair with a permobil gyro, and are sent to the permobil gyro to let it use them for control. This is a permobil only thing.

So you must change setting in this new ESP place instead. When you change those ESP settings however it also doesent seem to respond in a nice predictable way like a normal r-net powerchair would either. So best of luck.

This is permobils own extentions to the programer in order to let them use a permobil branded gyro instead of the usual R-net one. Why? Who knows. A gyro is needed to stop the thing fishtailing or spining out due to front wheel drive instability. But I doubt you will get much in the way of good control out of it. I tried a couple of times. Because the gyro takes over "ahead" of you (it has priority and can use all the power as needed) and uses the power modules power to try and remain in stable control. Meaning that at extremes of movement you are not in charge.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair