PINNED - Info on PROGRAMMING PGDT and others

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: PINNED - Info on PROGRAMMING PGDT and others

Postby woodygb » 26 Aug 2023, 19:18

kirk layout veroboard trans.jpg
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby wrusman » 04 Sep 2023, 08:30

and for my own reference I drew the schematic in KiCAD

S-drive 120 Programmer.png
wrusman

Postby elyoFr » 20 Sep 2023, 23:18

Hi !
i've a I-go lite jazzy carbon light wheelchair,
https://pridemobility.eu/power-chairs/i-go-lite/
(notice that the joystick is with an usb... and it seems closed to the classic i-go chair(same power module same joystick) so i assume it's a VR2 joystick.. Or nvr2 ???
https://www.firstchoicemobility.com/powerchairs/spares-for-powerchairs/pride-mobility/igo/joystick-controller-for-pride-i-go-folding-powerchair.html

This electric chair comes with with an omicon m7084 power module
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32990044040.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2fra

I guess that the usb/ftdi cable with 04148 and 47ohms will work as interface but... can someone confirm my thougt?
elyoFr

Postby woodygb » 21 Sep 2023, 12:41

I would guess that there is ZERO chance of being able to program that Chinezium made ( Pride Badged ) chair with PGDT Software.

http://shmicon.cn/en/product/18694/99378.html
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby elyoFr » 21 Sep 2023, 14:38

[quote="woodygb"]I would guess that there is ZERO chance of being able to program that Chinezium made ( Pride Badged ) chair with PGDT Software.

They said in point 3 that it can be programmed, so i asked them :
" I am a project manager within the soluteam association, I would like to recycle certain wheelchair parts.
Lots of information can be found through internet searches, but I'm missing some.
On your site, about the m7084 controller, you say: "The parameters can be adjusted by a programmer, which is suitable for different configurations of electric wheelchairs."

could you detail this point for me, what type of hand-held or PC-based programmer, the type of interface if applicable.
regards"
we will see...
elyoFr

Postby woodygb » 21 Sep 2023, 16:16

As I recall a member on this forum obtained programming software from a China based manufacturer .... at the moment I cannot find the post.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 21 Sep 2023, 22:46

Found the thread ...similar control system but NOT the same.

https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/ ... =4&t=11297
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby elyoFr » 22 Sep 2023, 00:18

woodygb wrote:Found the thread ...similar control system but NOT the same.

https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/ ... =4&t=11297

So, i can hope ^^
Somethings let me hope that it can be possible, this m70848 have a four pin connection and are very similar to nvr2 :
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1k7FCXKMxLeJjy0Fjq6ADbVXaS.jpg?size=55242&height=416&width=641&hash=62d4188f9b53ae506f1cf285baaa1bf7

and NRV2
https://www.cw-industrial.com/en-gb/products/mobility-vehicle-solutions/vr2/nvr2-bldc-control-system

I assume than the 2 more pin in omicon m7084 is for the usb power delivery.
but...
http://shmicon.cn/enwap/news/18731/95179.html
3 system hardware design

According to the functional requirements of the electric wheelchair, the design is mainly composed of a DSP and two BLDCM driving circuits, as well as the necessary level conversion circuit. DSP is responsible for the design and control of the whole system. All signal acquisition and processing are completed by DSP, and PWM signal and fault protection interrupt request are also generated. Combined with the actual situation, TMS320LF2407A is used as the control core in the design. It includes two independent event managers: each includes two 16 Bit Universal timers, eight 16 bit PWM output channels, three capture units, and the main frequency of DSP is 40MHz [3].

The driver circuit is mainly driven by the driver chip IR2130. The main body of the inverter consists of six power switch devices to form a three-phase full control bridge circuit. In order to prevent the voltage discharge at both ends of the bootstrap capacitor, the high frequency recovery diode her107 should be selected. On the other hand, in order to prevent the voltage at both ends of the bootstrap capacitor from being lower than the threshold value of undervoltage protection action due to the discharge of the bootstrap capacitor, the value of the capacitance should be large enough. In this design, 47 Z f capacitor is selected, with a withstand voltage of 25V [4].

4 system software design

The flow chart of interrupt subroutine for generating PWM wave of inverter driving signal. Figure 6 shows the flow chart of the two-way BLDCM speed coordination control interrupt subroutine. T2 and T4 are selected as the time base of the two BLDCMs, so as to accurately capture the time interval between two interrupts. The continuous increasing counting mode is selected for both clocks.

but is that compatible with r-net, vr2... i don't know...
elyoFr

Postby Burgerman » 22 Sep 2023, 00:52

Not a chance!
I think.
R-Net isnt compatible with VR2 either...

But try it.
Was it MADE by PGDT? If not then why would you expect it to work?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: DIY PGDT interface for OEM PROGRAMMING

Postby ADI8421 » 05 Dec 2023, 06:16

I realize that this is an old post, but I was recently trying to figure out the same stuff for the PG Solo and came across it.

Just a warning with regard pin one on the 4 pin programming connector on the PG Solo: It is Battery +ve ie. 24 volts.
You're best to stay away from this pin if you're connecting a FT232RL USB to TTL module to it. All you need is TX, RX, and Ground.

Cheers Jim

alfiepink wrote:
BulldozerDK wrote:
woodygb wrote:Yes ... :)

You need the Industrial software for the SOLO.

I have to ask two questions;

First of, I've tried reading through hundreds of contributions on this site, some of it gives me some insight, but I cannot seem to find a conclusive answer to the two questions I am sitting with;

First of all, In order to make a communication cable for the Solo driver would I need to just take a regular USB-> Serial adapter, connect the 4 pins to each of the 4 pins on the controller or do I need to find the diode and and install it connecting the TX and RX cable to one pin on one of the controller?
Woudl I need to modify the USB->Serial connector in anyway? And how? - or would I just need to use a direct USB cable with no serial adapter in between? Connecting the same parts?

SEcond questions, everywhere is mentioned that for programming the Solo controller I would need the industrial software, but I can't find a single place explaining where to get this software? This might be obvious for some people, but apparently I am lost at this point :)

I am sure that both questions have been answered before in the forum, but I simply can't seem to find the conclusive answers to any of the two questions.

I sincerely hope that someone will be able to assist me creating the adapter and getting hold of the software. - Thanks in advance!

Hi is the industrial software same as manufacturer software for the solo controller as this breeze i have got has this same controllers
Best regards
ADI8421

Postby shirley_hkg » 16 Dec 2023, 10:41

Is it an OEM one ?
Attachments
IMG-20231216-WA0005.jpg
shirley_hkg

Postby woodygb » 16 Dec 2023, 10:55

Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby austrian wheely » 06 Jan 2024, 11:42

Hi guys and greetings from Austria
Found this page because I try to increase the speed of my toy which is a senior cart.

Mounted controller is a PGDT S Drive 140A, D51446.06, B019021275, PIN 3 and 4 on the Molex are not interconnected

What I did:
Download the software (dealer version) from here:
https://amylior.com/software-downloads/
Buying a RS232-USB converter:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0B59LYSGD?ref ... tails&th=1
and a 3 pin neutrik connector:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B002A3IWIW?psc ... ct_details

SW is running properly on a old XP Laptop, RS232-USB Controller was found by the SW, defaut settings on the Laptop for the RS232 are as described by Woody (9600, 8-1-0)

But... I still get no connection to the controller.
The more I read in this forum the more I get confused about the cable, also about the docs from WoodyGB who is dealing quiet deep on this (RS232 vs TTL, special wiring for bigger S-drives...)

So my questions:
Do I have the correct SW or do I need to switch to a different one (manufacturers version)? Somebody might be able to provide me this?
Does anybody have a link for material I need and schematic how to make a funktional cable?
Or is here somebody who can produce a correct cable for me? Of course I will pay for that.

As said, Its just for the S-Drive 140 A speeding it up, especially more speed backwards. Need this toy for snow shipping :lol:

many thanks to you all
austrian wheely

Postby woodygb » 06 Jan 2024, 13:18

You are for a start using the WRONG USB cable.

You need to be using a TTL -USB NOT a RS232 - USB.

https://www.amazon.de/s?k=TTL+USB&i=com ... _sb_noss_2

https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/215

It has also been found that the larger Amperage S-Drives are a PITA to connect to and you may well need to build a board to go with the TTL - USB convertor cable.

https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/ ... &mode=view

Should you wish I can supply you with a programming cable.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby austrian wheely » 06 Jan 2024, 13:53

Thanks a lot for the fast reply Woody
PM sent
austrian wheely

Postby austrian wheely » 19 Jan 2024, 17:36

Gentlemen,
Many thanks to all of you helping me with this outstanding forum, special thanks to Woody helping in detail and Burgerman who created this page, keeping it alive and up to date

Martin
austrian wheely

Postby takenaback » 26 Jan 2024, 07:16

Haven't been here for some time but I have a modified baofeng uv-5r cable I was programming Vr2 with on the Windows 7 years ago but have since been forced to upgrade to Windows pro 11 64-bit. Is there any chance of getting this cable to work on Windows 11 64-bit? Cheers Steve
takenaback

Postby Burgerman » 26 Jan 2024, 11:20

Works the same on 7, 8, 10, 11.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby takenaback » 27 Jan 2024, 06:06

So I've got the correct communication port and the squiggly lights are going across my joystick display but there is no connection. Probably got the wrong driver?

This is the PGDT programmer level c access.
PC programmer.png
PC programmer.png (2.42 KiB) Viewed 677 times

This is the device manager.
Device Manager.png

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Cheers
Steve
takenaback

Postby Burgerman » 27 Jan 2024, 06:37

Because I decided that win10 was crap, win11 was unbearable, so use 10 LTSC/IoT. Which is great.

I think the chip manufacturer will have an updated driver. But also there must be a way to make 11 accept it too.
maybe
https://oemdrivers.com/usb-baofeng-prog ... -11-10-x64
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby takenaback » 28 Jan 2024, 01:54

Thanks Burgerman. Managed to get it flashing comms active to inactive before coming up with the following error.

Programer.png

Device manager says it's okay.

Device manager 1.png

Driver details.

Driver details.png

Because it was flashing active and inactive would point to the lead being toast. Haven't got anybody to make this for me so just wondering whether Woody is still in business?

Cheers
Steve
takenaback

Postby Burgerman » 28 Jan 2024, 04:19

Yes. He is the man for adapter cable.
How do you know its not your software version?

Why isnt your software installed in your program files folder?

Doyou want a new version. Some VR2s dont wrk with the old one.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby takenaback » 28 Jan 2024, 05:46

I don't really know whether it is my software version. I would appreciate a link to different software to test.

Cheers
Steve
takenaback

Postby Burgerman » 28 Jan 2024, 06:04

PM me.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby takenaback » 28 Jan 2024, 09:09

Sent you a PM.
takenaback

Postby takenaback » 29 Jan 2024, 09:06

Thanks BM. Unfortunately no luck with some more up-to-date program. (2.2.15) It produces "comms" and program not equal"
The reason I think it's the lead is that I can't even get it to say active at all now, on either program. At one stage last night it said tripped, that's the old program (8.0.16). It was a lead I got a friend to make and did not include a diode. I've had issues with the lead right from the start but previously it would work with a little persistence but not on my new computer. I've had a look at the connections of the cable but they appear okay.

I think I need a replacement lead.

Cheers
Steve
takenaback

Postby takenaback » 30 Jan 2024, 04:50

I'll try 14.6.0 tonight when I have some assistance.
takenaback

Postby takenaback » 31 Jan 2024, 01:41

Still have the same problems with getting comms active and then inactive before staying inactive. The read arrow flashes red but for very short periods of time before getting the following.
PC programer error.png

Going to get a new lead.
takenaback

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jan 2024, 01:48

What happens if you install the program in the normal place rather than in C root/projects?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby takenaback » 31 Jan 2024, 07:09

BM. Don't be misled by the error message the program is installed in.C:\Program Files (x86)\PG Drives Technology\Mobility PC Programmer OEM Std

Steve
takenaback

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair