Q LOGIC PROGRAMMING INTERFACE

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Q LOGIC PROGRAMMING INTERFACE

Postby Burgerman » 03 Dec 2015, 11:00

So as I thought at the time - it was bull.

When Mark claimed that no OEM tools existed for q-logic or version 2, and that everything was manufacturered and developed by his own company in house, and that their engineers literally re-coded the firmware so that OEM level programming software wasnt needed and didnt exist, it was a lie. Which I did say must be the case at the time.

So even now then they must just be getting curtis to make their stuff for them, or their own curtis programming tools wouldnt work. With pride its always marketing and bullshit.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby gwnys » 03 Dec 2015, 11:12

Well, I'm not sure on all that and certainly don't want to get between you and Mark. I will say that Mark has helped me immensely and continues to support me.

All I know is following your directions here in this topic I was able to modify my settings so the chair performs so much better! But a person could really mess up their chair if they weren't careful. And make a copy of the original programming and keep it safe in an isolated folder in case you ever need to go back to it. But I am so much happier now.

Thanks for your help!

gw
gwnys

Postby Burgerman » 03 Dec 2015, 11:32

No worries. Its not personal. I neither like or dislike him personally and I think he is genuine. Or was originally.
Its the misinformation that he keeps handing out on purpose that winds me up.

Its prides official line and their marketing and other bull. He claims to serve his community above all else, and then lies, and denies theres a way to get one of his pride chairs to steer properly! His site is really about marketing pride as good guys out to help. Hence the handing out of some free parts in public etc.

A pride chair can be made to steer properly like any other if you can get your hands on the "non existant" tools. You have the only one! Try posting what you have achieved over there, inc where the info came from, and see what happens! :lol: All you will get is either ignored, or negative posts from him or his community. They will tell you that their tech reprogrammed it and its all fine. They plainly dont get that things can be better.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 22 Jul 2016, 08:06

Do curtis actually make a controller joystick pod that looks the same as the pride Qlogic or qlogic2 one? Thought I saw an image of one about 6 month ago here. But cant find it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 22 Jul 2016, 12:16

An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Burgerman » 22 Jul 2016, 14:59

Thanks.

http://www.curtisag.ch/en/unsere-fachgebiete/ Even more enlightening. Marks claims of in house quantum development where he/pride add stuff for us like Bluetooth etc to 'truly serve the end user' seems to be done by, err not them!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 22 Jul 2016, 15:48

the handheld and 1314 pc programmer i have for ottobock (curtis) worked fine last time i tried on pride/quantum stuff.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 22 Jul 2016, 16:25

Well that would be expected too I suppose.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 25 Jul 2016, 11:48

http://www.wheelchairjunkie.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=72226 Regarding battery gauges, we remain dedicated to providing the most accurate possible in relation to battery state.

By which he means Curtis Instruments remain 'dedicated'...

Our current battery icon isn't the most descriptive, but it does drop in 1% increments. By contrast, the current PG R-Net drops in 10% increments, meaning it shows a totally full charge till you're 10% down, then it doesn't drop again till 20% down, and so on. This does give the perception of security, but not true accuracy in real time.

By 'our' he means Curtis Instruments. And non of them are remotely accurate and never can be.

By contrast, we run in 1% increments and are moving from our current icon back to our industry-first numerical gauge.

He means Curtis Instruments have an option.

When you drive from your bedroom to your kitchen in the morning, will you see it drop promptly from 100% to 99%? Absolutely -- that's how battery voltage works. However, over the entire range, you'll know a far more precise gauge of charge. (Remember, though, that based on ever-changing battery chemistry, no gauge is absolutely accurate in real time.)

All incorrect! Apart from the not accurate part! They are nowhere close to accurate and at best a very rough guide.

So, yest we are coming out with a new numerical gauge version. Thank you.

He means CURTIS are! If in fact its not already an option on the OEM programmer and just needs to be enabled. Could be, I have not looked.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby enlight22 » 01 Aug 2016, 00:39

ive been searching for 2 days and have found no less than 7 versions of software none of which work. i think six of them are 2 new, and the setup.exe posted at the beginning of the cable thread is too old? says it cant run on 64 bit? can someone send me plz the good version that works. pg vsi i think? thanks
enlight22

Postby gcebiker » 01 Aug 2016, 00:47

This is the Qlogic Thread, Curtis 1314 program.

Please also take the time to fill your profile out, you only joined 11 minutes ago....most of us have struggled for much longer periods of time :?

Which chair are you trying to program and what is the joystick fitted to that chair.

Tony
http://greenmobility.com.au/rc-wheelchair-controller/
My YouTube Ch -- https://www.youtube.com/user/gcebiker
gcebiker

Postby enlight22 » 01 Aug 2016, 01:10

sorry, ive been awake for 48 hours, i made the cable in 3 minutes and had all the parts on hand, at that moment it didnt occur to me how impossible to find the software would be. i hve been reading this forum and googling for the last 2 days with no sleep trying to sort it out and avoiding signing up here. im not much of a conversationalist i guess.

its a pg drive d51045.02 stick on a hoveround teknique FWD chair.

what thread is more appropriate. im not sure why i picked this one other than it had posts dated in 2016
enlight22

Postby gcebiker » 01 Aug 2016, 01:38

This is the thread you are after, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2111&start=860#p85806

You may need to post some pictures of your joystick and Power module (under the chair) so that we have a clear idea of what you are trying to reprogram.

Tony
gcebiker

Postby woodygb » 09 Aug 2016, 20:22

c500user wrote:Succes!

After downloading the mcp.zip file mentioned by woodygb, I unpacked and installed it as directed in the programming thread.

I was able to connect without any trouble. I downloaded all the parameters from my C2000 to my laptop and disconnected again. Next step is trying to figure out what all the different parameters do. There are some that I may want to change but also a lot that I absolutely should leave alone! The learning/sorting out will take a while because I would like to end up with a "working" wheelchair, rather than an "interesting project" :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone for sharing your information!

Links to files and instructions:

USB-CAN adapter
Bought from ebay for € 20, shop name kiss_buymsiss
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/USB-CAN-USB-to-C ... Sw1ZBUw65~
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-CAN-USB-t ... Sw1ZBUw7EJ

mcp.zip
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2757#p36057

LXN4py2s.dll and QM_USB.rar
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2757#p36028

LMDZ version of QM_USB.dll
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2757&p=73376&hilit=lm_usb#p73389

Curtis 3.12 sw
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2757&hilit=curtis+3.12&start=280#p55632

woodygb wrote:Image

Pick MC-2 Slave from the options.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby BobBoyce » 05 Sep 2016, 15:56

Thank you for pointing me to this forum woodygb, it has been an interesting read. Wifey had a brand new Pride Jazzy delived about a week before she passed in December of 2009. She never had the chance to try it out. I looked at the charge port under the joystick and it is just XLR with no extra holes or pins. I've had no interest in it, just kept it plugged in all of these years to keep the batteries in it alive. I had tried calling the supplier to find out the model number but they had no record of the transaction. It was a 'The Scooter Store' sale that had the supplier in Knoxville TN deliver it, so the records probably vanished with the sales company. Go figure. I wonder what controller it has and whether or not my programmer is compatible.
BobBoyce

Postby woodygb » 05 Sep 2016, 17:53

Your welcome Bob :) .

Post a pic of the joystck pod ...that should be sufficient for the board to identify the make/model...it's probably Penny & Giles ( now Curtiss Wright ).

OR

Pick one ... http://www.electricwheelchairparts.com/ ... ation1.htm
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby ex-Gooserider » 06 Sep 2016, 02:08

Also post a picture of the chair itself - we can give you a model and probable specs and the like...

Note that the Scooter Store was a notorious scam artist for many years before the Feds actually caught on and shut them down... Odds are that it will be a low end Jazzy, in it's weediest configuration.... My chair was originally from them, and they were so cheesy they actually had special adapter boxes to let them sell the chair with "U-1" size batteries instead of the Group 24's that Pride specified for it.... (about like stuffing a VW bug engine into your car instead of a V-8....)

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby BobBoyce » 06 Sep 2016, 10:39

I had to do a bit of moving stuff to get at it, it's essentially being used to hold boxes (stacked in the seat) and store paperwork/mail in the seatback pocket. The label on the side is Jazzy Select GT. I popped off the rear battery cover and found a serial number sticker on the rear of the seat mount post, JA30689015C30. I popped off the front cover and found the controller cover, label reads as follows. ELEASMB6190 and DWR1235L279 on top, under that is PROGRAM# DWR1111HO35 and PRGM REV: G

Here are photos, not the best but what I was able to get with my phone in a dark bedroom at about 5 AM

Joystick.jpg
Jazzy Joystick

ChargePort.jpg
Jazzy Charge Port

SerialNumber.jpg
Jazzy Serial Number

I was going to add another photo but limited to 3.

Bob
BobBoyce

Postby woodygb » 06 Sep 2016, 10:46

Penny & Giles GC joystick Jazzy select

It is a US version of the VR2.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby BobBoyce » 06 Sep 2016, 11:00

Ok, here are 3 more photos

JazzyController.jpg
Jazzy Controller Top

JazzyFrontCover.jpg
Inside of front cover

ARpistol.jpg
.22 Long Rifle AR Pistol Build

An occupant of the Jazzy, a .22 Long Rifle AR Pistol I built a few weeks ago. I prefer to build my own.

Bob
BobBoyce

Postby woodygb » 06 Sep 2016, 11:18

Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby BobBoyce » 09 Sep 2016, 22:48

Woody

The two latter, and the three 340 USB/Serial adapter cables I had ordered prior, all arrived just a bit ago.

Bob
BobBoyce

Postby ex-Gooserider » 13 Sep 2016, 02:51

Sounds like one of the 'small wheel' Jazzy chairs - OK for indoors and well paved surfaces, pathetic on anything rougher than a lawn... Probably has U-1 size batteries in a box behind the post that holds the car style seat... Front wheel drive with rear casters on a tilting beam, and front anti-tip wheels....

Very limited, but OL for what it is, primarily a low power mobility device for the elderly....

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby rover220 » 08 Oct 2016, 08:10

Had a new I level in this week with q logic. The Curtis handheld I have for otto bock chairs will not work on q logic. Will try 1314 pc based programmer next week hopefully.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 08 Oct 2016, 08:16

They modified the firmware to make it refuse to talk to it probably. All this just makes it a good idea never to touch a pride chair.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 09 Oct 2016, 20:29

rover220 wrote:Had a new I level in this week with q logic. The Curtis handheld I have for otto bock chairs will not work on q logic. Will try 1314 pc based programmer next week hopefully.

I assume that the Ottobock handheld was suitable for the EnAble50 ?.,,,, NOTE:-The EnAble40 has the same 5 pin plug but uses a serial protocol rather than CAN.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby rover220 » 09 Oct 2016, 20:46

woodygb wrote:
rover220 wrote:Had a new I level in this week with q logic. The Curtis handheld I have for otto bock chairs will not work on q logic. Will try 1314 pc based programmer next week hopefully.

I assume that the Ottobock handheld was suitable for the EnAble50 ?.,,,, NOTE:-The EnAble40 has the same 5 pin plug but uses a serial protocol rather than CAN.

Works on both enable 40 and 50 systems.
rover220

Postby rover220 » 11 Oct 2016, 12:08

Pride really have it locked down. My oem 1314 programmer will not connect to the chair. The softwareason sees the chair however.
rover220

Postby gcebiker » 11 Oct 2016, 12:17

Following Gollens instructions i was able to communicate with my Qlogic and that of a few friends to do the same alterations, the USB to CAN adapter from Ebay is all i used....and still keen on that RNet programmer
gcebiker

Postby Burgerman » 11 Oct 2016, 12:30

Qlogic yes. Qlogic2 maybe not.
Burgerman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair