DWIZ-ADAPT

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby patele » 29 Apr 2021, 23:00

Hi,
I'm trying to connect to my grandpa's mobility scooter, driven by a Rhino2 DS90 controller. I thought about buying a Dynamic DX-HHP Interface, but this doesn't solve the problem of the required DWIZ-ADAPT adapter, which I can't find anywhere. Has anyone ever tried the "self made" version with the DX-HHP?
Or does anyone have a hint, on where I can find the hacked dynamic wizard software for use with the USB solution?
patele

Postby Burgerman » 29 Apr 2021, 23:11

See PM.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 29 Apr 2021, 23:37

patele wrote:Hi,
I'm trying to connect to my grandpa's mobility scooter, driven by a Rhino2 DS90 controller. I thought about buying a Dynamic DX-HHP Interface, but this doesn't solve the problem of the required DWIZ-ADAPT adapter, which I can't find anywhere. Has anyone ever tried the "self made" version with the DX-HHP?
Or does anyone have a hint, on where I can find the hacked dynamic wizard software for use with the USB solution?

I can provide a "self made" interface that will work with the hacked Wizard Software.

Please note that you may not be able to make any significant improvements to the performance of Grandpa's scooter.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby patele » 29 Apr 2021, 23:57

woodygb wrote:
patele wrote:Hi,

I can provide a "self made" interface that will work with the hacked Wizard Software.

Please note that you may not be able to make any significant improvements to the performance of Grandpa's scooter.

I guess you are referring to, or is there a newer updated layout?
viewtopic.php?p=118669#p118669

I'm mainly planing on increasing the max speed and improve the breaking capabilities if possible.
patele

Postby woodygb » 30 Apr 2021, 00:57

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4095&start=270#p168616

IF the speed is already programmed at 100% ...which = MAX... then that is your lot.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby patele » 30 Apr 2021, 08:50

I'll keep you updated, but it's currently only going 6km/h or 3.7 mp/h. So I'm quite sure there's some room left.
cheers
patele

Postby woodygb » 30 Apr 2021, 08:52

Make and model of scooter?
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby ex-Gooserider » 05 May 2021, 06:14

patele wrote:I'll keep you updated, but it's currently only going 6km/h or 3.7 mp/h. So I'm quite sure there's some room left.
cheers

Don't bet on it... There are a lot of mobility devices in the 'budget / compact class' that max out in the 4mph ballpark... Not totally unreasonable when you figure that normal walking speed is about 3mph (20 minutes / mile) and for devices mostly intended for use inside the home or shopping malls, etc. don't really have a need (and aren't particularly safe) going faster... My powerchair maxes at 4mph, and I get a LOT of rude remarks from the walkies about 'speeding'

Unless you have a set of specs that say you should have a higher top speed, I wouldn't be surprised if you've got all it has to give w/o MAJOR mechanical mods...

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby Burgerman » 05 May 2021, 06:56

That 4mph thing comes from a few laws in the EU/UK that say a 4mph chair or scooter can legally use the footpath, be used in public places like shopping centres etc.

And so they dont need lights, and are a different class of mobiity device.

The faster chairs and scooters are intended legally to use roads at speeds above 4mph, up to 8mph. Although if you try it the cops direct you (illegally!) to use the footpath... Talk about a dysfunctional system.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby patele » 07 May 2021, 18:49

Yes, that's the result of a stupid local regulations.
Under 6km/h you are allowed to use the the footpath and you don't need any insurance for your mobility scooter.
Over 6 km/h you would have to use the road, where Burgerman is right with the cops directing you to drive on the footpath. And you need an "insurance license plate". It's a liability insurance that comes with a tiny 6 digit license plate.
The statutory health insurance only pays for the 6kmh model in Germany, there's no possibility to up pay for the faster model. banghead

I've built the adapter from woodygb, big thanks to you cheers

The Scooter has 2 Profiles. How do I change the selected profile, or delete a unwanted Profile. In Profile 2 the forward Speed setting is set to 50, I'm quite sure that is what is currently selected.

But I did not mess with any numbers today, as the weather is so cold and ugly. I will try that tomorrow.
patele

Postby woodygb » 07 May 2021, 19:03

You should be able to simply click on the setting that you want to change ...

Have you selected "Service" as the "View mode" in "Options" ?

You can save the profile and upload it here as a ZIP.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby patele » 07 May 2021, 19:37

Yes. Changing the setting works. Just haven’t uploaded anything to the controller yet, as I have to testdrive afterward. And it’s freezing cold.

The question is about the selection of profiles. There are two, I can change and edit everything in there. But I’d like to where you can „change“ the active profile. Or delete one completely.
Attachments
IMG_5967.jpg
patele

Postby woodygb » 07 May 2021, 20:33

I don't think that you can delete it .... it does however appear that you might be able to prevent it's selection.

Go to Multi function inputs configuration and select NONE instead of Profile 2.

I would suggest that you simply make Profile 2 match Profile 1.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby TimT_UK » 17 May 2021, 08:55

Looking for help from the experts here to confirm I am on the right track...

I have my Gran's Quingo Classic with a Rhino 2 DS90 controller. Serviced and taken the thing apart and put back together again but still have a '9 Flash' Other Controller Error issue. Everything seems to be working fine but then this issue comes and goes. Thinking I either need a new controller or need to build the interface to diagnose further. Finding this forum thinking on this interface option first.

woodygb's most recent diagram looks comprehensive - have most of this and will order what I don't have today. I have the genuine software download but it looks like I might need a modified version but not sure where to find that from.

Anything else I'm missing?! Thanks in advance for helping me and my Gran!
TimT_UK

Postby woodygb » 17 May 2021, 09:11

You need some modified software.

First.

UNINSTALL ANY GENUINE WIZARD SOFTWARE.

Second ..check messages.

Third ...Update your general location.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby TimT_UK » 17 May 2021, 13:00

Thanks for the help woodygb. Installed and now awaiting the components and a night with the soldering iron later this week. Will see how I get on...

woodygb wrote:You need some modified software.

First.

UNINSTALL ANY GENUINE WIZARD SOFTWARE.

Second ..check messages.

Third ...Update your general location.
TimT_UK

Postby Kaschperlpropper » 17 Jun 2021, 08:55

Burgerman wrote:That 4mph thing comes from a few laws in the EU/UK that say a 4mph chair or scooter can legally use the footpath, be used in public places like shopping centres etc.

And so they dont need lights, and are a different class of mobiity device.

The faster chairs and scooters are intended legally to use roads at speeds above 4mph, up to 8mph. Although if you try it the cops direct you (illegally!) to use the footpath... Talk about a dysfunctional system.

In germany it's a reason about tax.. everything what drives slower then 6kmh is free of tax..you don't have to get an insurance.
Kaschperlpropper

Postby Kaschperlpropper » 17 Jun 2021, 08:59

Is there any chance to get the modified soft version?

Thanks for help..
Kaschperlpropper

Postby Burgerman » 17 Jun 2021, 09:04

Check PM
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby MXDrew » 18 Jun 2021, 10:14

Hi woodygb (or anyone who knows the answer.

I have built the above adaptor shown in your post dated 06 Mar 2021, 11:39 to use on a Rhino 2 controller but the Wizard software just keeps looping scanning for the controller.
Is the USB adaptor type important?
What else if anything do I need to connect to the Rhino 2 except the key switch and 24V?
Also is there a procedure to put the Rhino 2 into a program mode?

Thanks in advance for any help received.
MXDrew

Postby woodygb » 18 Jun 2021, 10:29

Ummm... I suspect that it is your build of the adapter.

Try just swapping over the RX and TX connections to the USB.

Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 18 Jun 2021, 10:45

I assume that you have got the Rhino2 turned ON?
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 18 Jun 2021, 11:02

Re-read your post and noticed your question...

Is the USB adaptor type important?
YES ...Other types simply do not work!!
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby MXDrew » 18 Jun 2021, 11:14

Thank you woodgb for your response.

My background is in electronics construction and I have inspected my build several times and can not find a fault.

When you say was the controller turned on, is there anything more to do than appling power and turning the key switch on?

What USB adaptor have you used?
MXDrew

Postby woodygb » 18 Jun 2021, 12:01

MXDrew wrote:Thank you woodgb for your response.

My background is in electronics construction and I have inspected my build several times and can not find a fault.

When you say was the controller turned on, is there anything more to do than appling power and turning the key switch on?

Just applying power and turning ON is fine.

I use the USB adapter pictured in the schematic drawing...it uses a fake FTDI Chip , but works great for this application.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0753GY7FR
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby MXDrew » 18 Jun 2021, 12:14

woodygb wrote:
MXDrew wrote:Thank you woodgb for your response.

Just applying power and turning ON is fine.

I use the USB adapter pictured in the schematic drawing...it uses a fake FTDI Chip , but works great for this application.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0753GY7FR

I have this one coming today, not sure what the chipset is but fingers crossed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079X3SWHV

If that doesn't work I will order your one.

Did you have yours set to 3.3V?
MXDrew

Postby woodygb » 18 Jun 2021, 12:29

If it is a cheap FTDI then it uses a FAKE chip ... I use mine at 5v.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby MXDrew » 18 Jun 2021, 17:00

I have received the USB adaptor I put a link to above and I can confirm that it works.
MXDrew

Postby woodygb » 18 Jun 2021, 19:43

:thumbup:
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Kaschperlpropper » 19 Jun 2021, 11:30

Hello, the software is running. now to the question. what else do i need for electronics? I see cables USB to Serial and a circuit board. and I see a USB TTL converter without further electronics? Or am I wrong? Can someone help me there please which is the most uncomplicated solution. Thank you for your help
Kaschperlpropper

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair