R-Net PC Programmer OEM

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: R-Net PC Programmer OEM

Postby funkykeyboard » 24 Mar 2021, 14:06

Burgerman wrote:This isnt a 120A power module? It is a 90A one? If so then only thing left to tweak is turn settings and torque setting.

Set turn acceleration, turn deceleration, minimum turn acceleration and minimum turn deceleration all to 100.
Set minimum turn speed (16?), turn speed (40?) to whatever you prefer.
If it wont let you go to the wall settings and set them to 0 and 100 so you can!

Set torque which only affects the first couple of MM of stick travel, and when it just starts to move the chair left or right. To whatever gives enough starting power in a stationary turn in place, without being jumpy. If its set to 0 and already too jumpy decrease motor load compensation by 5 and test. If its not responsive enough with torque set to 100, then try increasing motor load compensation by small increments (5 or less) and test with care!

Then set all forward and reverse accelerations, forward and reverse speeds at the lowest setting (minimum) and at the max settings to whatever you prefer.
does that 120 in the rectangular box indicate that it is 120A?
Attachments
BM power module.jpeg
funkykeyboard

Postby steves1977uk » 24 Mar 2021, 15:11

Yup, that's a 120A PM. So raise max current to 100 and boost current to 120. Also your motor comp seems a bit high for 4-pole motors, ideally 40-45mOhms is the best value although BM sets his slightly higher.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby funkykeyboard » 24 Mar 2021, 20:22

steves1977uk wrote:Yup, that's a 120A PM. So raise max current to 100 and boost current to 120. Also your motor comp seems a bit high for 4-pole motors, ideally 40-45mOhms is the best value although BM sets his slightly higher.

Steve

funkykeyboard wrote:
steves1977uk wrote:That's why I stick with the Sunrise version as it has more settings to tweak/fine tune. :geek: :thumbup: Pity you can't raise the Low Voltage cut off point to 24v as this would be better protection from running Lithium cells too low.

Steve

Burgerman wrote:Its good enough at 22V as its over 2.7V per cell. As an emergency stop. As long as all your cells are equal and one group dont drop lower first. As they do...

So you should really stop when you lose a green as currenly configured. But I suspect the batt calibration my allow us to set that. Test it and tell me what it does. Set it to say 50% or 150% and try it. I cant. Still stuck on bed but almost fixed! You will need a few hours to test as the daft battery meter thinks you are on lead.
Did anybody get anywhere with this?

Which is the best setting to indicate when we should stop because the batteries are critically low?
funkykeyboard

Postby expresso » 24 Mar 2021, 20:29

if you have a large pack lithium in your chair - 200ah - lets say - you dont have to worry much - if you are still concerned - you have to make a cell monitor - buy one and connect it so you can watch the cells - but its not needed with a large pack

unless you do 60 miles a day -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby funkykeyboard » 24 Mar 2021, 20:52

expresso wrote:if you have a large pack lithium in your chair - 200ah - lets say - you dont have to worry much - if you are still concerned - you have to make a cell monitor - buy one and connect it so you can watch the cells - but its not needed with a large pack

unless you do 60 miles a day -

well my situation is this is my 2nd chair. It's a BM clone with 150 AH. I got in it, did about 8 miles, and then didn't get in it for 19 days, and did another 20. So my worry is not what I do in one day, i.e. 60 miles, more that leaving it standing, and then using it I'm going to run the risk of running low on charge, or alternatively charging it too often.

I'll try monitoring the situation for now. Thanks for your advice.
funkykeyboard

Postby expresso » 24 Mar 2021, 21:01

i see - but even 150ah is a good size - Min i would say - in that case - if your so worried - just recharge it before you use it again - they last many many years - when i use my chair daily - i charge it daily - i always want a full charge in the summer - i never know if i want to stay local or go far

in the winter not in use - once a month i charge them up so lets say i charge every day for 4 months - thats 120 cycles - then in the winter - 8 months - once a month - total 128 cycles a year give or take - will or should last a decade if not more
expresso

Postby funkykeyboard » 24 Mar 2021, 21:23

expresso wrote:i see - but even 150ah is a good size - Min i would say - in that case - if your so worried - just recharge it before you use it again - they last many many years - when i use my chair daily - i charge it daily - i always want a full charge in the summer - i never know if i want to stay local or go far

in the winter not in use - once a month i charge them up so lets say i charge every day for 4 months - thats 120 cycles - then in the winter - 8 months - once a month - total 128 cycles a year give or take - will or should last a decade if not more
Another thing that's been worrying me.

When you store them they say discharge to varying degrees depending upon opinion, but everyone says don't leave them fully charge for storage. This doesn't matter at all does it if you're leaving them fully charged overnight, a week, 2 week? Where is the cut-off point four week, where they should be discharged a little rather being being left fully charged?
funkykeyboard

Postby expresso » 24 Mar 2021, 21:35

i dont know really - but i charge fully and then discharge some out each month - during the times i dont use the chair - i may discharge about 40ah - if using load dump - takes one hour to discharge - i guess if your leaving it alone for many months - then you can discharge more depending on size of your pack

BM can be more specific -- i wounldnt worry much if i charge up full and then dont use the chair next day or two - i will charge up tonight - planning to go out tomorrow - but if its raining - i wont go out - or friday also - but Sat. is good - i wont worry about it and wont recharge before going out if i charge full tonight
expresso

Postby funkykeyboard » 24 Mar 2021, 22:06

expresso wrote:i dont know really - but i charge fully and then discharge some out each month - during the times i dont use the chair - i may discharge about 40ah - if using load dump - takes one hour to discharge - i guess if your leaving it alone for many months - then you can discharge more depending on size of your pack

BM can be more specific -- i wounldnt worry much if i charge up full and then dont use the chair next day or two - i will charge up tonight - planning to go out tomorrow - but if its raining - i wont go out - or friday also - but Sat. is good - i wont worry about it and wont recharge before going out if i charge full tonight
thanks
funkykeyboard

Postby funkykeyboard » 24 Mar 2021, 22:08

Mouse 1?
Does that mean I can put the wheelchair into a mode where the joystick will operate as a mouse on my computer?

Voice-over?
What's that about? You usual voice to do something? What?

As my hands are paralysed, is there any way to voice control the indicators?

If I'm to utilise any of the above you have to have the joystick featured in that picture?
Attachments
Screenshot (293).png
funkykeyboard

Postby steves1977uk » 24 Mar 2021, 23:23

funkykeyboard wrote:
expresso wrote:i see - but even 150ah is a good size - Min i would say - in that case - if your so worried - just recharge it before you use it again - they last many many years - when i use my chair daily - i charge it daily - i always want a full charge in the summer - i never know if i want to stay local or go far

Another thing that's been worrying me.

When you store them they say discharge to varying degrees depending upon opinion, but everyone says don't leave them fully charge for storage. This doesn't matter at all does it if you're leaving them fully charged overnight, a week, 2 week? Where is the cut-off point four week, where they should be discharged a little rather being being left fully charged?

Remember when the chair is switched off, the PM still takes power depending how many devices it has plugged into it. So the batteries will never sit fully charged unless you kill power to the PM, which I do each time I charge my cells. This would also help them to balance quicker since there's no power drain from the PM.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby expresso » 24 Mar 2021, 23:30

Steve do you use a circut breaker with button to cut it off on your pack

i was debating that one for my first one - instead i used normal breaker - so i cant cut it off

the others i used fuses to keep it low profile and sit all in the chair - limited room for breaker unless i run the wires out to the front of chair
expresso

Postby steves1977uk » 24 Mar 2021, 23:38

Nope, just an old fashion flip switch which came with the chair 32 years ago. The PM is protected by a 125A fuse inside the battery box. Don't like breakers that can be reset because over years they wear out inside and can leave you stranded. My new chair has one, so will see if any issues arise.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby expresso » 25 Mar 2021, 00:50

i suppose - but i have a chair for 20 years - never tripped - and still working fine - a good breaker is fine -

i have a fuse on my new pack 125A - because i didnt want to run wires outside - and no room inside - i am more worried about a fuse

at least a breaker can be reset - if tripped by mistake somehow - a fuse your stuck - cross my fingers -
expresso

Postby steves1977uk » 25 Mar 2021, 01:30

I see your point expresso, but if you fit an adequately sized fuse then it should never blow unless there's a fault. I've climbed steep ramps/hills, gone through sand/gravel/grass and never have blown the fuse. My chair do some rough rides at times but has never given me problems. I have had this chair rewired with 10mm2 cable from battery to PM, which also helps. :thumbup:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby expresso » 25 Mar 2021, 01:58

i am not too worried - just saying - also every chair from factor comes with a 80A fuse on my chairs - so makes you wonder -

i never blew a 80A fuse in over 20 years - even in the Rnet Chair - 120A Rnet - comes with a 80A fuse -

you have to worry - it never blew - having a 125A - fuse - i am sure wont blow - but wonder if it should be lower value - given all the Rnet chairs come with 80A -

we must very hardly do 100A 120A - just for few moments - i cant believe we are using 100A all day long on a 80A fuse - it would blow for sure

we must be staying below 80A 99% of the time -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 25 Mar 2021, 02:36

If you drive like my grandma you wont blow 80A fuses or trip breakers. If you dive like my vid on control/hand position you certainly will.

All the R-net chairs dont come with 80A in europe. I just checked one recently and posted the pic on here! 125A.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 25 Mar 2021, 04:06

i never change how i drive because of the fuse - all the chairs here come with 80A - who knows why - i hardly never heard of any one blowing a fuse - some pride chairs yes -

never blew or tripped anything in over 20 years - i am may not be as aggressive as you are - but still more than many avg. users

if i drive like a grandma - then what are the rest of them - flatline ?
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 25 Mar 2021, 06:01

Yes I would say that most really are flatline.

What with the typical user being almost inactive sat in an old folks home or at home and an ACTUAL grandma, or severe disability watching TV and with stock delayed action programming, most are barely even moving about.

all the chairs here come with 80A - who knows why

I do. Stock programming, and the sentence above. And because when control systems were 50 or 70A thats what they used. And they still do. Because most users dont use or program a chair hard enough to matter. But they no longer use 80A fuses here...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Solodown » 31 Mar 2021, 22:25

Hello
Excuse me I'm French, I use Google translate ...

I have a permobil F5 electric wheelchair, recently my dealer made a modification in the program.
Unfortunately he made the Bluetooth menu disappear, (inside there was Mouse 1, Mouse 2, iDevice 1, iDevice 2), instead of Bluetooth there is Mouse 1 ...

He didn't know how to put it back, he left me his USB dongle on loan to try to fix it because he knows me well and he trusts me, he knows that I don't touch anything.
I downloaded r-net pc programmer, I plugged in the dongle, it works fine

Do you have any idea how to put the bluetooth menu back into my menu?

thank you very much
Solodown

Postby steves1977uk » 31 Mar 2021, 23:17

Hmm, Permobil chairs have their own OEM software which sounds like that's what you need. Trouble is it's very hard to get hold of. :thumbdown:

Unless you can get the original settings file from Permobil, you're pretty much screwed due to their proprietary firmware/software.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 31 Mar 2021, 23:20

The sunrise OEM version has the BT thingies and may work. But everything is either harder or impossible with permobil so it may not

See PM.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 31 Mar 2021, 23:28

i may have BT on my new chair - its not easy to navigate it on the JS itself - i went to the menus - and would be crazy if i had to program the chair that way - instead of using the computer software etc, -

i touched something when i went in the menu - sleep timer etc, - i hope i didnt activate it - where it turns off the chair after a short while - pain in the ass - i was scrolling and then i couldnt get out of it - so i just shut it off - we see when i use the chair
expresso

Postby Fusiongoat » 01 Apr 2021, 00:43

expresso wrote:i may have BT on my new chair - its not easy to navigate it on the JS itself - i went to the menus - and would be crazy if i had to program the chair that way - instead of using the computer software etc, -

i touched something when i went in the menu - sleep timer etc, - i hope i didnt activate it - where it turns off the chair after a short while - pain in the ass - i was scrolling and then i couldnt get out of it - so i just shut it off - we see when i use the chair

I am also trying to activate the bluetooth/IR modes on my chair, but don't see how. There are four of them, but they are grayed out. There should be an easy way to enable them, wouldn't ya think?
Fusiongoat

Postby expresso » 01 Apr 2021, 00:55

the JS may have the BT features - but the chair still needs a BT Module installed also - which i am not sure if i got it or dont - same as with lights and blinkers - JS has the buttons for lights etc, but i dont have lights installed
expresso

Postby Fusiongoat » 01 Apr 2021, 01:37

Ok, I see. But, my order form said CJSM2-BT, so it has IR etc., built in, right?
Fusiongoat

Postby expresso » 01 Apr 2021, 01:53

i guess it would have it - my order form says same thing - i am not sure i have the BT module installed - i may - who knows - i will check it next week when the tech comes here -
expresso

Postby terry2 » 01 Apr 2021, 06:09

expresso wrote:i guess it would have it - my order form says same thing - i am not sure i have the BT module installed - i may - who knows - i will check it next week when the tech comes here -
Attachments
blue.jpg
terry2

Postby rover220 » 01 Apr 2021, 06:14

expresso wrote:the JS may have the BT features - but the chair still needs a BT Module installed also - which i am not sure if i got it or dont - same as with lights and blinkers - JS has the buttons for lights etc, but i dont have lights installed

if you have a cjsm2 with bt you do not need extra modules. correct programming is needed mind.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 01 Apr 2021, 10:29

Also understand that there are TWO different CJSM2 joysticks. One has BT built in and both have infra red control. Both look the same. The BT version is more expensive. I have 4 in total. Two spares in a box, and two on chairs. Only one has BT.

You can also get BT modules that plug into a bus cable. And you can have two if you want. But again not cheap and an add on option. So unless you specified a BT joystick, or a BT module then you likely dont have BT. You DO definitely have IR or infra red though on all CJSM2. That can control any infra red device like light switches, TVs, set top boxes, etc.

Ok, I see. But, my order form said CJSM2-BT, so it has IR etc., built in, right?

Yes that has both BT and IR.
Burgerman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair