R-Net PC Programmer OEM

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: R-Net PC Programmer OEM

Postby slomobile » 11 Feb 2023, 00:28

It was suggested on a discord that what you actually get when reading from a chair using a dealer dongle is all of the dealer read, read/write, and write parameters, as well as all of the OEM read and read/write parameters. But any OEM parameters marked write, can only be read by OEM, but written by dealer so that dealers can write manufacturer updates, but cannot actually go into the written PM and see what those parameters were that just got written. It was further suggested that when you attempt to read those parameters with a dealer dongle, what gets written into the file is not the parameters actually stored on the PM, but the default settings stored in the programming software.

So to test that, one would need to slightly change every parameter away from the default. Then read it with dealer dongle and check every parameter to see what it read back.

In my case, I want to pull the images of the wheelchair used in the seating menu because my seating is very different. I want to see what format those images are in so I can create my own custom seating images.

I have seen and driven a chair with completely new display UI on a CJSM2. So I know it is possible. I just don't know how.
slomobile

Postby Burgerman » 11 Feb 2023, 03:44

It was suggested on a discord that what you actually get when reading from a chair using a dealer dongle is all of the dealer read, read/write, and write parameters, as well as all of the OEM read and read/write parameters. But any OEM parameters marked write, can only be read by OEM, but written by dealer so that dealers can write manufacturer updates, but cannot actually go into the written PM and see what those parameters were that just got written. It was further suggested that when you attempt to read those parameters with a dealer dongle, what gets written into the file is not the parameters actually stored on the PM, but the default settings stored in the programming software.

Then stop listening to people that dont know anything.
And PM me and I can tell you how to do exactly what you want.
So to test that, one would need to slightly change every parameter away from the default. Then read it with dealer dongle and check every parameter to see what it read back.

And I have.

In my case, I want to pull the images of the wheelchair used in the seating menu because my seating is very different. I want to see what format those images are in so I can create my own custom seating images.

And you can do that perfectly with a dealer or oem dongle with either software on R-Net. But you cannot do that on a permobil. All you will see are the R-Net seating module settings. For the 3 R-net modules: CxSM and the SM and the ISM modules.

I have seen and driven a chair with completely new display UI on a CJSM2. So I know it is possible. I just don't know how.

Perobil use their own firmware versions on power modules where all the thinking happens, their own drive algos, gyro modules, seating stuff and more on their own ics thingy, of their own design. Their firmware allows the R-Net system to send it data and recieve it back. Much of the code and settings lives in there. Even the drive and stability stuff. So normal "speed" settings used on most chairs (and on the OBP) are all set to some very oddball max or zero settings. If you change those it behaves very very oddly.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby FelipeOliveira » 11 Feb 2023, 03:53

slomobile wrote:It was suggested on a discord that what you actually get when reading from a chair using a dealer dongle is all of the dealer read, read/write, and write parameters, as well as all of the OEM read and read/write parameters. But any OEM parameters marked write, can only be read by OEM, but written by dealer so that dealers can write manufacturer updates, but cannot actually go into the written PM and see what those parameters were that just got written. It was further suggested that when you attempt to read those parameters with a dealer dongle, what gets written into the file is not the parameters actually stored on the PM, but the default settings stored in the programming software.

Send the file you extract, to had that have the dongle, OEM OR DEALER, and we compare them all side by side

Right?
FelipeOliveira

Postby Burgerman » 11 Feb 2023, 04:11

They ARE different. The only part thats different is the bit that tells the file if it is dealer or OEM. I am trying not to shout out that we know how to do this beause PG drives wil change things so that it becomes impossible.
So please PM me and then I will delete this thread.

A clue. If you SAVE an dealer file to your desktop, with the OEM software that flag is changed. And now when reopened, everything becomes visible and editable.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby FelipeOliveira » 11 Feb 2023, 04:30

I AGREE WITH YOU " BM " , THE EARLIER YOU DELETE THE BETTER
FelipeOliveira

Postby kajapa » 17 May 2023, 10:20

kajapa

Postby Burgerman » 17 May 2023, 10:30

Wifi dongle? Its no use. It is DEALER level only. And worse, its generic only. So it cannot set for e.g any of the important stuff, or custom stuff that we can with a proper PC based system and a dongle. It does less than a normal dealer dongle. Same as just setting it to have OBP enabled. So why?
Its basically got a web page inside that allows you to set the same settings as the joystick already can. With OBP enabled. That also wont work on permobil because the same "speed" section settings do something entirely different! Which is why permobils do not have OBP enabled.

We can use a dealer dongle with OEM level software by permobil, or sunrise etc with a small "trick"... But the permobil issues remain.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Diesalweasel » 23 Jun 2023, 22:25

Hi does anyone know where i can get hold of the r net pc programmer please oem version if possible please
Diesalweasel

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jun 2023, 23:33

Yes. PM me.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Diesalweasel » 24 Jun 2023, 10:13

[quote="Burgerman"]Yes. PM me.[/quote
Hi i have sent you a PM. but it wont send it to you . it sitting in my outbox for some unknown reason
best wishes
Diesalweasel

Postby Burgerman » 24 Jun 2023, 10:37

It always remains in your outbox till I take it to read. This isnt email. Theres no mail server where you send it to. I already replied...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby clietz » 24 Jul 2023, 20:05

Hi, I'm new to this site. Not sure if you can help me. I just purchased a mobility scooter S19F+ Bio, 4 wheel scooter.
I was trying to connect to the 3 pin plug to use the R-NET programmer, using resistor and diode configuration. Cannot communicate.
I think I need the DONGLE to connect as Windows doesn't see any drivers for the software. Hope someone understands. My scooters maximum
speed is set to 6 km/h. and I wish to increase to 8km/h. I think that 5 mph to 7 mph? Please advise.......
clietz

Postby woodygb » 24 Jul 2023, 21:37

clietz wrote:Hi, I'm new to this site. Not sure if you can help me. I just purchased a mobility scooter S19F+ Bio, 4 wheel scooter.
I was trying to connect to the 3 pin plug to use the R-NET programmer, using resistor and diode configuration. Cannot communicate.
I think I need the DONGLE to connect as Windows doesn't see any drivers for the software. Hope someone understands. My scooters maximum
speed is set to 6 km/h. and I wish to increase to 8km/h. I think that 5 mph to 7 mph? Please advise.......

https://heartwayaustralia.com.au/produc ... y-scooter/

Your scooter is NOT compatible with R-NET Software, it uses a S-Drive 45 AMP controller.

So you need the PGDT Mobility Programming Software.

Please note that if the speed is already set at 100% then that is your MAX , and you will not be able to get any faster.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Tim M » 22 Aug 2023, 11:45

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could please help me get a copy of the R-net OEM software?
I have the dealer dongle and software already and just need the OEM software.

Thank you,

Tim
Tim M

Postby Burgerman » 22 Aug 2023, 18:29

Done...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Tim M » 23 Aug 2023, 10:01

Thank you Burgerman.
Now I am going to read the help manual and try to glean as much as I can from this excellent forum.
:thumbup:
Tim M

Postby Burgerman » 23 Aug 2023, 10:22

If you install the help "fix" that reenables the HTML help system in windows, then the help inside the software will work. And its very good. Thats where you will find the answers.

Download this.
https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/progra ... 2win10.zip
Put it on your desktop, and open the zip. Put the 3 files on your desktop! Now run the thing, from a right click. Run INSTALL.CMD but Choose RUN WITH ADMINISTRATOR PRIVELIDGES.

If your machine is all safety nazis then you nmight have to disable your antivirus in windows first...

Now the olde worlde help system will work in R-Net. So theres that! :lol:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Tim M » 23 Aug 2023, 12:31

Thank you BM.
cheers

Fortunately, software development is my background, so I already have winhlp32 installed.

I am following your sensible advice to make single incremental changes, testing the outcome, refining as needed to meet my needs.

I have a second-hand Meyra Optimus 2 which I got to replace my old second-hand Meyra Optimus.
The old Optimus was Canbus based and easy to tailor, not so much the R-Net based Optimus 2.
But I will get there with the help of all the excellent information already available here.

Thanks again,

Tim
Tim M

Postby Burgerman » 23 Aug 2023, 12:39

I have a second-hand Meyra Optimus 2 which I got to replace my old second-hand Meyra Optimus.
The old Optimus was Canbus based and easy to tailor, not so much the R-Net based Optimus 2.
But I will get there with the help of all the excellent information already available here.

Nope.

Much of that is custom - not r-net - but myra stuff. That the normal software cannot program or display. Plus theres a bigger problem. The power module used is a custom single channel one. That is not properly configurable by the normal dual channel tank steer power module programmer. So at best you will be able to make a few changes, but not the ones you need. The myra is a scooter. With single channel motor, and a servo system for steering. Its not a powerchair as such.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 23 Aug 2023, 13:42

John ...I have just sent you ( and Tim ) a link to the Meyra R-net software that I have.

NO IDEA if it is of any use.

Cheers Woody
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Burgerman » 23 Aug 2023, 15:57

Will take a look thanks.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 23 Aug 2023, 16:08

OK. That appears to be just a copy of the INSTALLED program folder. So it lacks all the registry and programdata and the AppData folder stuff. It just gives an error about missing files when run. What is missing is that we need the setup program. Rather than a copy of the working directory.

I also think that like the permobil stuff you need extra software to configure the oddball servo steering system and mono channel power module.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 23 Aug 2023, 16:37

Its been copied from someones C:\USER\program files86\PGdrives folder.

Heres mine with several different R-Net and other PG programes.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Tim M » 23 Aug 2023, 17:23

Burgerman wrote:
Nope.

Much of that is custom - not r-net - but myra stuff. That the normal software cannot program or display. Plus theres a bigger problem. The power module used is a custom single channel one. That is not properly configurable by the normal dual channel tank steer power module programmer. So at best you will be able to make a few changes, but not the ones you need. The myra is a scooter. With single channel motor, and a servo system for steering. Its not a powerchair as such.

Thanks again BM.
I am aware of the limitations of the Optimus range, I would never recommend it as an option for day to day use.

I have the Optimus to go walking/camping off-road with my daughter. I have found it suitable for this, as long as we plan the route in advance. But that is also part of the fun because we always plan and decide it together.

Thank you, Woody, I will look at it, once I get back.
It may be possible to work-around the lack of installation media and executable, but not always do-able.
Tim M

Postby Burgerman » 23 Aug 2023, 17:31

I have been trying. By looking at what the other ones actually do. No luck so far.
Whats needed is the OEM install program from myra, and their version of wheelchair builder or whatever they use to make the servo steer stuff by myra work. And the single channel version of the power module.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 23 Aug 2023, 17:57

I have Setup_Dealer_Meyra_6_0_0.exe ...any use?
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby kajapa » 24 Aug 2023, 09:59

Installation instructions for programming MEYRA wheelchairs with R-net joysticks.
1. Download the selected installation version (GENERIC, Sunrise_EU) DEALER or OEM.
2. Download a file dedicated to meyra wheelchairs with the .rnd or .rnu extension (Meyra_V32_1_898.rnd or Meyra_V33_1_1161.rnu).
3. Install the program on your pc.
4. Copy the Meyra.rmd (.rnu) file to the destination folder of the installed program, the default is C: \ Program Files (x86) \ PG Drives Technology \ R-net Programmer ...
5. Run the program.
At the first run, may be apper a window with the program database selection, select meyra.
ATTENTION!
In the case of the Meyra_V33_1_1161.rnu file, you may need to change the extension from .rnu to .rnd.

https://youtu.be/0M82mj9zbYU
kajapa

Postby Burgerman » 24 Aug 2023, 10:06

I already did all that but it doesent show the correct parameters for a single channel controller.
This appliees to many settings. But for e.g in the speed settings in the head, turn acceleration or turn speed, or minimum turn speed all apply to the tank steer algo. If you use those with the channels linked as a single channel controller then the two outputs are fighting each other and wasting energy and getting hot and achieving nothing in regards steering.

And the settings you DO require are still missing. That requires something extra that extends the r-net programmer to be able to control the meyra servo / feedback system.

With the GENERIC programmer rather than sunrise there is now some settings for a lighting/servo module. But not a myra one. Its a new PG one that theres no info about yet. So again it wrong.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 24 Aug 2023, 10:34

To clarify...

THIS IS PLAIN OEM GENERIC with no meyra anything, no extra files, as it comes. It already has the same new module SERVO settings. No file swapping required. It however does not properly program a meyra optimus servo system. And still has the same nonsense and potentially damaging settings in the speed section.

generic.jpg

And as you see theres no meyra rnd files here. I selected GENERIC.
I have a few more than you here, and select whichever I need. I will now add AND SELECT the MEYRA one in the following post...

selections.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 24 Aug 2023, 10:36

And this is the Non of these are correct to configure
a) the single channel power module that is customised for meyra. And other single channel scooter buggies.
b) the meyra made servo module

Some of it may work. But may have the wrong or unintended consequences.

I dont have a chair with a meyra module or a single channel controller here to test. But this is what I see just looking at the files and various programmers. Correct me if I am wrong! I may be.MEYRA version with the swapped files, and it is exactly the same...
Attachments
meyra.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair