Videos - Rides

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Videos - Rides

Postby rickystyx » 12 Jul 2021, 16:28

I see your point but as Itunes was free I did put all my cds onto my phone although I only ever play them in the car on long journeys - so haven't listened to them for 18 months. I never phone anyone because I'm basically antisocial but have the phone for emergencies and so my other half can tell me what she's done that needs fixing if I'm out. cheers
I have no need of a mobile phone at all really but find some apps useful occasionally.
ottobock b400 150Ah lifepo4
Swiss-trac manual chair add on with 30Ah Lifepo4 (want more 15Ah headway cells )
Meyra Optimus (PRIME)2 150Ah lifepo4 :0)
rickystyx

Postby Burgerman » 12 Jul 2021, 16:46

Ditto. So I got an indestructable flip phone (2 for £39!) a decade ago. Still on the first one. Because it has all the text and phone needs. And needs charging every month or so.

And unlike the noisy and over processed pics that lack any depth of field effect you get from a microscopic sensor and fleck of plastic for a lens on any smartphone I have a gopro and a nikon D810 with a 35mm x 24mm sensor and 2lb of real glass for a lens. Several choices of them. For REAL photos.

I have a smart phone. Its in the draw. Wher it has been for a decade. I doubt it still works. Any apps it has, my laptop does way better. Any calls my flip phone does better and is always charged and ready to go. Any movies or pics and my go pro does better. And any serious pics or movies and I use a real camera. Albeit around 5k or so depending on lens choosen.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 13 Jul 2021, 00:21

Actually it IS possible to change the batteries on most Fruit Phones, and other products even if the Fruit Co. says it can't be done.... Ditto repairing a lot of other stuff on them. See "Ifixit.com" for instructions.... (they also have How-to's on fixing a lot of other products of different sorts) They are big supporters of the "Right To Repair" (R2R) movement.

Of course they also sell a lot of the tools and parts needed, mostly at fairly reasonable prices, but that is totally optional.

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby hobie1dog » 15 Jul 2021, 13:45

My friend who repairs/restores Reel to Reel tape recorders talked me into forgetting about trying to use a camcorder and just use my iPhone to do videos. I made 4 videos the last 2 days and it was very easy to get done and hit "Upload", and be done with it. My son bought me a tripod with flexible legs to hold my phone. I would still like to get the hat that holds your phone instead of a fixed position of a camera. Being able to see what the persons eyes are looking at would be so much better.
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
Quickie S636- 3.00-4 tires, Chevy seat
hobie1dog

Postby Mind The Gap » 24 Jul 2021, 12:34

Hi all. Managed to get out again in the nice weather. Took a nice ride up to London Green Park to see the Elephant Art Installation.

youtu.be/VJv7lMLScbY
Otto Bock B500 with 105ah lifepo4 main, 48ah lifepo4 addon. 153ah total.
Mind The Gap

Postby Burgerman » 24 Jul 2021, 14:10

10x too many people in that city for my liking, you cant move. Otherwise very good!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 24 Jul 2021, 16:05

Nice video -- BM if you think thats too many people - haha - come to NYC - your love it
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 24 Jul 2021, 16:14

I would need an infra red controlled fully auto machine gun mounted on the chair first. Te clear a path.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 24 Jul 2021, 16:22

i am with you on that one - like the gun drummer on youtube -

bounder offers a rifle mount - - get a few of them - with push button triggers - like the thing that is used to take pictures - - run the wire and just push down from a distance -

rear mounted also -- why do you think i like to get out of the city when i ride - trust me before i moved here - i rarely came to the city -

but in a chair - its very convenient - to get out on your own - and go where ever - do what ever if you wanted - with out having to use a Van etc, to do anything -

if living out in the woods etc, its nice also but then very isolated for a wheel chair user - unless you have a few of them to ride with - it seems we are all over the place -

how many of us here - ride with others - friends etc, - ? seems that everyone is alone - and me being in the city - with so many other users and i never seen them - i dont know them - the few i do know - dont want to ride - some never leave the apt.

i gave up trying to force users to go out and ride around or what ever -
expresso

Postby hobie1dog » 26 Jul 2021, 13:34

In the past 8 years I've only met one other person out in a powerchair that we stopped and talked to. don't know of another powerchair user anywhere near me.
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
Quickie S636- 3.00-4 tires, Chevy seat
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 26 Jul 2021, 13:45

Wouldnt worry about that. I meet plenty. But its not about a chair its about people. I meet many I dont like with and without chairs. And a few I do.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 30 Jul 2021, 23:21

expresso

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jul 2021, 08:51

Yes. Sitting at the height we do has that as both an occasional advantage and a major disadvantage at the same time. Depending on what it is you are forced to follow. Shame most of them are built like elephants or old/male etc.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 31 Jul 2021, 16:21

what you see is what you get - thats how avg normal people are - we have this idea from TV and Movies - how someone should look

in real life very few do - but certain places and certain kinds - are more like you see in the video - its much more common -

if you went to Europe - i think in general - they are on the thinner side - i believe - again depends - most guys are not - Pasta belly - or beer belly -

she can keep you warm in the winter - :lol:
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jul 2021, 16:29

Not thinner but normal... Theres fat ones here too. I thought. Till I went to the US. :shock: Some are so fat they dont fit in car seats. Dont fit on aeroplanes. And they are everywhere. I was amazed. The average one is 30lb heavier than here and its just not healthy. And we are too fat here already.

This is better.
Attachments
perfect-bum.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 31 Jul 2021, 16:34

30 lbs is fine - if its spread out the whole body - but your also 50lbs over also - that girl is fine - but also a spare rib - no meat on the bone

wheres the beef ? i like thigh action - ass - - i dont want to see bones sticking out like a crack addict :lol:

you need something to hold on to - the girl in the pic - she may crack in half if taken walk like a camel afterwards :D

not that i wouldnt like her - i like them all - there is a line also - cant cross - that line is different for everyone -

dont you want a challenge
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jul 2021, 16:43

Or even my ex's sister. A normal person. Normal weight. Like everyone in her office. And single...
Attachments
Noge.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jul 2021, 17:10

Because you are in the US you are used to seeing grossly obese people. Theres plenty here too. But the us are experts in it. So it doesent look odd/bad to you maybe? But its seriously not healthy. I watched two black women in texas that could not close the doors on their hire car. Guess why... It took the guy from behind the desk to lean on the doors to shut them. I thought I was fat till I went to texas.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 31 Jul 2021, 17:45

no such thing as normal person - every body style is different - i agree most Black Girls are too big -

you rarely see a thinner black girl - and if you do - which are they many also - believe it or not - black girls looks nicer when thick body
fuller - not overly huge as you seen - there are many of those here also

in general - they look better when thick - thick does not mean fat - for you it does - you like super thin - tooth pick style - thats fine also

or what you call normal - shes fine in the pic - remember how someone looks dressed - changes when they naked :lol:

i dont like Flat ass - even though bent over - it rounds out nicely in the end - :clap

Brazilian girls seem to have Ass on them - spanish girls - mostly thick - ass is healthy for you -

not the kind you seen with those black girls you talk about - i know what you mean - most are that way - lower income - no education etc,

junk food - - even if healthy eating etc, - most black girls are thick in general - big bones as they say - there body frame is just bigger all over -

there genetics are that way - Huge Tits - i mean so big its a joke - how can you carry them around - you seen them before on the internet i am sure

yugo - romaniana - Europe in general you dont see many huge black girls there -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jul 2021, 17:57

Across africa, and in londonistan, theres lots of black girls. Not many american sized ones... Its not a genetic problem its an eating problem.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Fred005 » 31 Jul 2021, 18:07

Burgerman wrote:Across africa, and in londonistan, theres lots of black girls. Not many american sized ones... Its not a genetic problem its an eating problem.

I was working many years in Africa, and I confirm what BurgerMan is writing.
In 90% cases it's an eating problem.
Fred005

Postby expresso » 01 Aug 2021, 00:17

yes it is an eating issue - black girls from here - are different from black girls from other countries -

fried Chicken - Alot of it - they eat - Americans do eat alot of fast food - not healthy - the less educated and poorer you are - the more fast food - cheap cost junk food you eat

i just had some BBQ outside with some friends - i had two hotdogs and one hamburger - i am full - for many - that would be an appetizer

if its free - even more - i dont like to eat alot at once - i often do also - - i rather eat light - and have fruit later or some snack -

depends -
expresso

Postby snaker » 01 Aug 2021, 01:40

Do you wear a mask when going out this time?
snaker

Postby expresso » 01 Aug 2021, 02:02

i have a mask with me on my chair side pocket - i dont wear it outside - i wear it when i leave my apt - in my building - elevator - too close to people

once outside - i remove it and ride - most dont wear one now - some still do - or have it around there neck - most stores and places still require you wear one if you want to enter

in case i need too - i would put it on - but for the most part - when i am out riding - i dont plan on entering stores etc, -

today was a nice day - a bit breezy for this time of year - but it was packed outdoors - in the parks - etc, everyone is out laying around on the grass - having BBQ etc,

i still have a few around me who never got the vaccine yet - not sure what they are waiting for - better safe than sorry - if you ask me

recently husband and wife - preaching how not to get it - its not safe this and that - then he got Covid - and dying in the hospital 4 days later - begging them for the vaccine - it was too late for that - he died

his wife wished they gotten it now - and now changed her tune -
expresso

Postby snaker » 01 Aug 2021, 02:36

Here covid started spreading fast. Some are being vaccinated but the source of vaccine is too limited for a large population (100 millions). Absolutely, nobody argues or refuses about being vaccinated. People just say no to Chinese vaccines.
snaker

Postby expresso » 01 Aug 2021, 02:41

we have too many anti vaxers here - most are just retarded and just repeat what they are told about it -

just like the preacher - preaching to all there followers - not to get it - etc, etc, - not till they get it and die - then its too late

people are nuts so you have to stay your distance from them - its no use trying to talk common sense -

i had Covid in Dec. got my vaccine in april - J J one shot - done -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 01 Aug 2021, 03:45

Religous people are nuts aright. And you say religion does no harm leave it/them alone? Just more evidence that you should do everything to get rid of it and educate people on HOW TO THINK.

I thought the US was doing well with the vaccine rollout? We are done with covid. Well I should say theres plenty of it and we are unlocked, no more restrictions and rules. Nobody ill or dying any longer. Well theres a few daily. Normally those that refused the vaccine. But its very few. Almost no antivax idiots here. And 90% have been vaxed. Only children left. They dont care and are not interested in it because they dont know they have it!

Most of the EU that were many months behind due to incompetance are only about 10% behind now and catching up and have only a couple of months to go. But they have an anti vax issue (macron and merkels fault due to dissing astrazenica to spite UK/BREXIT for months). Now they are begging people to take it... And its piled high on shelves unused.

Plenty of cases here in the UK. But that keeps dropping. Nobody dying from it any longer. Vax works. Mostly Oxford astra-zenecca. We are the first to completely open up in the world I think and being watched very closely to see the result. So far its good. Cases continue to drop in spite of freedom. Click:

download/file.php?id=15987&mode=view
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 01 Aug 2021, 03:58

i dont follow it - but there are many people who still dont want it - few states where it spiked -delta - those states are more open to freedom - which is great - but i disagree if its real health issue -

i think the faster you get vax and kill it in its tracks the faster you get back to normal and move on

you cant force everyone but its heading that way - more and more are forced now to get the vaccine - if you work for Gov. - and many larger firms - making it a must -

sooner or later it will happen and also you will be forced to prove it - with Vax Card showing you got the Vaccine -

i get the freedom thing and all for it - but its a real thing - its not only ok i dont want it - if i die - i die - thats fine but its not - because your are putting others at risk - and also letting the virus live on and mutant get stronger etc,

its not for me to say - i have no problems with vaccines that help and save lives - you cant live under lock down for ever -

as far as i know - NYC is Ok for now at the moment - very low rate - not a big issue - that i know of - during the peaks or when covid hit -

ambulances all day and night long - thats all i heard - over 800 dead each day - thats insane if you think about it -

how can anyone say this is a hoax and not true - or they say the survial rate is high if you get Covid - that may be true - but still 800 dead each day for months and months - good luck - i take the vaccine
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 01 Aug 2021, 05:12

Well here over 90.8% people show antibodies and so are protected from it. Either from catching it and having no or mild effects or directly from vaccines. The remaining 9.2% are mostly children that just dont get it, or rather show no ill effects any worse than flue if they do. So they dont much care about getting vaxxed. And why would they? So they dont!

So once at that level, basically its over. The number of those testing positive is high still. But its not doing anything. More chance of dying from a paracetamol. More chance of dying going to get the vaccine! Or from flue. So its done.

Only danger is some new mutation. And of course boris being a moron has opened up all the ports/holidays for those to bring back mutations. We are an island. Easy to stay in a safe state. If you cannot control those coming and going while surrounded by seas then you are an idiot. Thats how the indian (that we are supposed to call delta for fear of upsetting brown people) got here. But unfortunately they let idiots run the country. But at the moment, in the UK its all over.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 01 Aug 2021, 05:27

thats great - but if people come in - your at risk again - like everywhere - unless all borders are closed in the whole world

for a good year - then can reopen - that will never happen - we know that - last i read the UK is rising - maybe in infections and not deaths

even so - thats good - as i understand the Delta is highly transmittable but not any worse than the previous ones - i take that as not any worse if you get it - but easier to get it

that brings up the cases of Pos - - dosnt mean they are all dying - most people read the same story but have different conclusions - the mind works great in ways we dont get it - but most times the avg person - read and dosnt comprehend

if explained - they should or may see it differently - its always good to listen to the other side - it may very well be your wrong or can see a different way - that may make more sense than you first though

i dont have patience - so i rush to conclusion but i am working on it - and listening more - and or waiting to response to something - but its not going well yet -

i dont always make the right choice for me and do a knee jerk reaction - not helpful to me - - but i am trying to just listen - and wait to respond back
expresso

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair