Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Videos - Rides

Postby expresso » 02 Aug 2021, 02:58

:thumbup:
sacharlie wrote:
expresso wrote:

if you never used one before - its refreshing - stress relief - feels great -

I bought several dozen rifles over the years as both an interest and investment.
Really enjoy my old Remington, Savage and Winchester 22 cal semi-autos.
Have a wizbang bell ringing arcade style target in the backyard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz90Ix3efuw

i would love to have some outdoor space to shoot - i would have a arsenal if i did
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby hobie1dog » 02 Aug 2021, 04:57

now we just need one of two things, a dedicated gun thread, or a new video.
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
Quickie S636- 3.00-4 tires, Chevy seat
hobie1dog

Postby ex-Gooserider » 03 Aug 2021, 03:21

I'm waiting for the next Adaptive Defensive Pistol Summit up at Sig Sauer Academy in NH.... Had a blast (in multiple ways) at the last one...

A lot of the gun numbers quoted by the gun grabbers are seriously 'cooked' - they do things like including suicides, though looking at those numbers show that there is no correlation between guns and suicide - if blowing one's brains out isn't an option, there are loads of alternative methods that get used instead...

They also ignore defensive uses where no shots are fired (amazing how many crooks either try to set track records or get religion ("Oh God Don't Shoot!") as soon as the presence of a firearm is realized...

Per the FBI, women using a firearm for defense against sexual assault were LEAST likely to have the assailant 'succeed' and LEAST likely to be injured, LEAST likely to be killed, etc... (Some feminists started a "Take Back a Night" campaign, there was an armed women's group that asked the question of "Why be happy with just ONE night?")

They also do cute things like counting the guys that did the Boston Marathon bombing a few years back as "VICTIMS of gun violence" when they got shot (by cops) in the course of the massive manhunt for them... (what's wrong with this picture?)

Again per the FBI, lawfully carrying civilians have a far lower rate of shootings being found 'unjustified' than the police....

Lastly, I don't get this idea of "Gun violence" - I have never seen or heard of a GUN committing a violent act - EVER.... Guns are inanimate objects - any violent acts are committed by PEOPLE who might choose to use a gun as a TOOL....

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby expresso » 03 Aug 2021, 03:29

:thumbup: :clap
expresso

Postby ex-Gooserider » 03 Aug 2021, 03:33

Fred005 wrote:
Burgerman wrote:Across africa, and in londonistan, theres lots of black girls. Not many american sized ones... Its not a genetic problem its an eating problem.

I was working many years in Africa, and I confirm what BurgerMan is writing.
In 90% cases it's an eating problem.

No argument about it being an eating problem to a large degree, but there is also arguably a significant genetic factor as well... I am emphatically NOT trying to defend slavery and it's associated history, it was not a good thing at all... However from an evolutionary standpoint, the pressures of the slave trade had a 'selective breeding' effect, in that a huge percentage of the blacks captured in Africa died before getting to the new world, more died in working, etc. so only the "prime stock" survived to reproduce... It isn't politically correct to say it, but.....

It is also worth noting that similar things can be said for ALL the populations of countries where the bulk of the people were migrants under harsh conditions - the less fit didn't survive the trip or didn't leave at all, or got done in by conditions on arrival, leaving the stronger remaining folks to breed....

Bottom line, the same principles used in breeding up better animal varieties apply to people as well, we just aren't as rigorous about weeding out the 'culls' as a farmer would be... (I will leave it to others to debate whether this is a 'good thing' or not.... :argument )

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
ex-Gooserider

Postby Burgerman » 03 Aug 2021, 13:25

I find it really odd that we all accept genetic herritable differences when it comes to body shape, sporting ability, facial features, hair, colour etc, but dare to mention that most of the black issues, esp the sub saharan ones we have lots of in the capital, have a very genetically herritable lower average IQ.

One mention of this and we get scientists, lefties, "experts" of all kinds shouting racist or jumping through endless hoops while being super angry attempting to explain why this is not the case. until any mention is shut down or "not allowed" to be presented. But it is very true regardless.

And it is responsible for much of the very problems that denile just continues to encourage. and so prevent any kind of solution. If you ignore colour completely IQ is an EXTREMELY good predictor of almost every part of your life. Everything from lifespan, education, income, likelyhood of health, drug problems, crime, single parenthood, poverty, prison, home ownership, mental problems, violence etc.

But instead of condsideing the real cause, we all have to pretend that everyone is the same. And so cant adress the problem.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 03 Aug 2021, 13:50

A lot of the gun numbers quoted by the gun grabbers are seriously 'cooked' - they do things like including suicides, though looking at those numbers show that there is no correlation between guns and suicide - if blowing one's brains out isn't an option, there are loads of alternative methods that get used instead...

So a suicide isnt a death? :lol: Except that if you compare suicide rates to countries where there are no guns, its far lower. Because a gun is too easy too fast. An easy way out. And most people get over that depth of despair moment and do not want to die a few hours later.
Which is why the suicide rates in the US are some 230% higher than the UK. So thats all nonsense.
They also ignore defensive uses where no shots are fired (amazing how many crooks either try to set track records or get religion ("Oh God Don't Shoot!") as soon as the presence of a firearm is realized...

We were counting deaths. This has nothing to do with deaths. And the figures actually show that armed people have a higher chance of both dying and being wounded. Because the offender wouldnt have shot you if you were not a threat to him. So again thats also nonsense.

Per the FBI, women using a firearm for defense against sexual assault were LEAST likely to have the assailant 'succeed' and LEAST likely to be injured, LEAST likely to be killed, etc... (Some feminists started a "Take Back a Night" campaign, there was an armed women's group that asked the question of "Why be happy with just ONE night?")

No idea what thats about. But it certainly does not change the discusting death figures in the USA from guns, and also overall.

They also do cute things like counting the guys that did the Boston Marathon bombing a few years back as "VICTIMS of gun violence" when they got shot (by cops) in the course of the massive manhunt for them... (what's wrong with this picture?)

Nothing. They died as a result of gunshots. Thats how adding up deaths works.

Again per the FBI, lawfully carrying civilians have a far lower rate of shootings being found 'unjustified' than the police....

Any is too many. We dont have ANY!

Lastly, I don't get this idea of "Gun violence" - I have never seen or heard of a GUN committing a violent act - EVER.... Guns are inanimate objects - any violent acts are committed by PEOPLE who might choose to use a gun as a TOOL....

Correct. But use them they do. For e.g.
You had hundreds of school shooting and deaths. And that EXCLUDES sucides and many others.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... ted_States school shootings since 2000.

We had NONE. In 50 years.
And you even managed to beat us on knife crime too. So the gun deaths are ADDITIONAL.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby foghornleghorn » 03 Aug 2021, 16:49

Burgerman wrote:You had hundreds of school shooting and deaths. And that EXCLUDES sucides and many others.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... ted_States school shootings since 2000.

We had NONE. In 50 years.
And you even managed to beat us on knife crime too. So the gun deaths are ADDITIONAL.

We haven't had none. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre

But as a result of Dunblane you can't really have a handgun in the UK any more.
foghornleghorn

Postby Burgerman » 03 Aug 2021, 19:54

Yes that was the only one. We banned all handguns. NONE since 1970 thats why I said 50 years. My bad. I thought it was 1970. I am 61 and I forgot which year our one shooting happened...

US has hundreds... Weekly. Sometimes daily. Heres 340 plus just school shootings. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... ted_States Do you want a list is the many thousands additional non school deaths? Thats rather a lot longer. We had less than a handful of any kind. Which is why you cant find a wiki page listing all the shootings.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 10 Aug 2021, 03:51

Suicide rates have ZERO correlation w/ gun ownership rates - Japan has almost no civilian firearm ownership and high suicide rates... Switzerland has extremely high gun ownership (re their militia system) and a very low rate...

US has an INVERSE correlation between gun restrictions and the rates of crime (all sorts) - the higher the rate of lawful carry, the lower the crime rate. The only exception is burglary of unoccupied homes / businesses where it's comparable...

When FL became a 'shall-issue' state there were lots of dire predictions about the crime rates in the "Gunshine State" - violent crime rates went DOWN - but crimes against tourists went UP - when reporters went into prisons and asked those convicted of crimes against tourists why, the CROOKS said it was because most tourists arrived by plane and could be expected to be UNARMED - much safer for the crooks that targeting natives that might be packing...

Other surveys of crooks doing time about why they didn't rob a target found #1 fear was that the victim MIGHT be armed... Cops and the justice system were at the BOTTOM of their list of reasons...

Despite all the media hype and BS, School shootings are DOWN not up... (also note that because of laws against carrying in schools, they are best described as 'target rich, free-fire zones') Despite (because?) of massive increases in the numbers of firearms. The numbers of "Instant Background Check" requests probably related to firearms purchases have been setting new records nearly every month for the past several years) The numbers of other 'mass shootings' (3 or more dead and victims not directly linked to shooter - FBI definition) are also down until recently - but are small enough in number that a single digit difference in the number can be statistically significant... Also worth noting that there is a consistent pattern that those shootings happen in "Gun-Free Zones" and often the investigation into the background shows that this was a deliberate choice on the part of the perpetrator.... (I can't think of a mass shooting in a police station....)

It is worth noting that there is also extreme bias in the media towards making guns look as bad as possible - very few reporters have any shooting experience or training, and most come from backgrounds with out much exposure to shooting, and often heavy anti-gun indoctrination... Add the general 'If it bleeds it leads" bias, and anyone that believes a media claim about firearms probably also things they left the word 'gullible' out of most dictionaries as part of a right-wing plot....

Years back I remember an article about an association of reference librarians very reluctantly awarding the NRA their top prize for 'quality of material' - their press release made much about how they disagreed w/ the NRA political position, but said that as professional research experts, they found the NRA reliably cited sources, used credible / reliable sources, and quoted them accurately and in context.... They also added that the anti-gun folks hit the extremes in the opposite direction...
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
ex-Gooserider

Postby Burgerman » 10 Aug 2021, 08:05

Thats all gun lobby propaganda complete bollox. But I cant be bothered. School shooting down?

We have NO school shootings in two decades, you had so many that you need a 4 foot long wikipdia page to list them all. Who cares f its "down" :clap Just more propaganda nonsense. If it was down 1000% its way too high and not nessassary at all. And its not. Just another daft attempt to make it look "better". It might confuse the weak minds and thats what all propaganda is intended to do.

And all your endless school shootings are all divided up into sections on wiki describing various kinds and giving exceptions and shootings not included. We have NO school shootings in this century at all. Guess why that is. Clue, no guns. And avery other bit of nra bullshit propaganda nonsense can be just as easily destroyed. But I cant be bothered. You will just repeat the same old gun lobby garbage. Like cars kill too etc. All the other complete nonsense.

Even the suicide stuff you quote does the bait and switch. Who cares about japan they have a wildly different culture. Even suicide fighters during the war. And if businesses go bad etc or they cant pay a bill, its a different way of thinking. And we are not taking about japan. We are talking about if you are more likely to die IN AMERICA if you own a gun. Thats your bait and switch. Doesent work on people that do logic.

However all the serious REAL and detailed studies show the absolute opposite IN AMERICA. And theres many. Those with easy access to a gun are MORE LIKELY to be a victim of suicide than those without. Which is pretty obvious to anyone with a brain. It seldom fails. Alcohol and dtrugs? 5% success rate. Guns? 95%. Is easy and painless. So can be done in an instant. https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/ ... -risk.html
And literally many dozens of similar REAL studies show exactly the same, not highly polished gun lobby switch and bait japan propaganda bullshit nonsense to try to answer a question nobody asked.

As for citing switzerland, they have by far the highest gun crime in europe. The most gun deaths. And the most guns. As per the usual pattern. And the reason they dont use them for suicides in the same way and that theres less of a mess than the US is that they dont want guns, they take thEm apart and store them in safe locked up places after military training. They are forced to keep them to protect the country against the likes of germany who keep trying to take over the world. Theres no stupid gun culture like the USA. Most of them have no interest, no ammo and none available to them, and are all old guns that have likely never been fired. Stored in several parts in safe places. And again, every country has a different culture and is NOT america.So again the bait and switch. Choosing the one country that seems to help your case but not explaining why. We were not talking about switzrland but in the USA. With or without a gun. In the US you are both more likely to die from suicide, and if armed from someone else or your own gun, and you are more likely to have a family member die in a shooting anywhere or death from a accident with a gun too.

Or to die in school/supermarket/concert/whatever. All your NRA arguments are easy to refute. Its like religion over there. And just as rediculous. No amount of bait and switch, strawmanning, or invalid comparison changes the FACTS.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 11 Aug 2021, 13:19

expresso wrote:I mounted my old panasonic camera to video my ride today - this is just one part of the video - its not that great - and i sound horrible now that i hear myself on audio :) its me and Quickee2 - we went around the west side - along the water
freedom tower about 16 mins in the video - i titled back to get a better shot - i think i may get a new camera to see if they are any better than this one -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWjdGcmvbbk

i want to get a better camera and video more rides to post back here -

anyone who records there rides - post them back here for use to see -

your NY accent makes the vids even better :joint
Invacare tdx sp
Bounder 300M 200ah lifepo4
fishinjunky

Postby hobie1dog » 12 Aug 2021, 04:32

I'm just glad to see us talkin about videos instead of the damn guns which we're destined to consume the thread from here on out.
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
Quickie S636- 3.00-4 tires, Chevy seat
hobie1dog

Postby expresso » 12 Aug 2021, 04:38

fishinjunky wrote:
expresso wrote:I mounted my old panasonic camera to video my ride today - this is just one part of the video - its not that great - and i sound horrible now that i hear myself on audio :) its me and Quickee2 - we went around the west side - along the water
freedom tower about 16 mins in the video - i titled back to get a better shot - i think i may get a new camera to see if they are any better than this one -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWjdGcmvbbk

i want to get a better camera and video more rides to post back here -

anyone who records there rides - post them back here for use to see -

your NY accent makes the vids even better :joint

expresso

Postby Burgerman » 12 Aug 2021, 10:45

No matter who you are listening to yourself always sound horrible. Sounds perfectly normal to everyone else though. So dont let it stress you!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby chazzyr » 12 Aug 2021, 18:38

My neighborhood, filmed with a DJI Pocket 2.

https://youtu.be/7A0NTiP_kt0

https://youtu.be/vQA3auLlkvA
chazzyr

Postby Burgerman » 12 Aug 2021, 19:10

Can I ask, why you move so slowly evrywhere? Is it because of the ride? It looks pretty harsh. Rattly small casters?

That area looks a little run down like my hometown in the towns centre. Caused by the EU. :fencing
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby chazzyr » 12 Aug 2021, 22:15

Burgerman wrote:Can I ask, why you move so slowly evrywhere? Is it because of the ride? It looks pretty harsh. Rattly small casters?

That area looks a little run down like my hometown in the towns centre. Caused by the EU. :fencing

It's a quiet, middle-class neighborhood, that's far from run-down. The average cost of a house is $450,000.00 for a single family, 2 families go for $850,000.00 and up.

I was just cruising around, no hurry. The clicking you hear is from the expansion joints in the sidewalk, coming through the aluminum pole for camera mount and picked up by the mic. I have 8" castors with solid inserts, that adds to it.
chazzyr

Postby Burgerman » 12 Aug 2021, 22:19

I meant bad sidewalks as you call them, and shops looking shut down etc.

Yes I thought it may be camera mount. But it looks rattly like its got small solid casters or something on screen.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 16 Aug 2021, 03:27

chazzyr wrote:My neighborhood, filmed with a DJI Pocket 2.

That DJI Pocket 2 is left far behind from cheap ancient Chinese cameras, too much shake in the videos.
snaker

Postby chazzyr » 19 Aug 2021, 01:14

I beg to differ. I own an Akaso V50 Pro and a Hawkeye Firefly S7, there is no way they match DJI’'s stability or smoothness. Any shakes see you on the video It's because of how it's mounted and this is amplified by the solid inserts of my front casters.

Gantry Plaza

youtu.be/cDt_o13GsnU
chazzyr

Postby expresso » 19 Aug 2021, 01:56

Nice video chazz - i been there - your vidoes are much nicer than mines - haha - i cant seem to go slow enough to do a nice video

and you have music on yours - the only music i have is if i pass by somewhere - and then youtube barks copy write - like if i did it on purpose

i hope to make it out a few more times before winter starts up - this summer been bad - between rain - or too hot - among other things going on

i didnt make it out as much as i expected this year so far -
expresso

Postby sacharlie » 19 Aug 2021, 02:56

Expresso I believe the cold of winter doesn't stop you from riding around; it's the. Lack of cheeks to look at. :lol:
sacharlie

Postby expresso » 19 Aug 2021, 03:07

thats a plus for sure

all that work to get up - dressed and then no cheeks - :lol:

i dont like the cold - i have to get too bundled up - cant move - dont like it - and its alot colder for a chair user moving pretty fast with the cold and the wind -

whats the use - sept. should be still OK - i have dentist in sept. also - i want to get this done before winter - the dentist - been going on for ever it seems - i started before Covid hit - and i am still at it - same tooth - turns out i have to redo the same root canal - treat under it and redo it -

insurance dosnt pay - they do pay if you just want to remove it - the weather been very crappy - rain in the forecast every single day - cloudy or very hot -

most of the times - it never ends up raining - till evening or night time - or looks bad where i am - then i ride out a bit - and much better -

or in reverse - starts off good from where i am - then gets worse as i ride out - i been caught in rain storms before - not good -
expresso

Postby sacharlie » 19 Aug 2021, 03:26

You guys up north know more about staying warm than I, so tell me have you found anything warmer than silk when looking for the least bulky clothing.
sacharlie

Postby expresso » 19 Aug 2021, 03:35

the only thing i can think of that may help and even work

electric clothing - long johns - socks - tops - jackets - everything -

i like to try that one day for real - to see how bad can it be - it seems the weather many times is nice in the winter - i mean blue sky's etc

but just cold -

its expensive - if you want it all i think about $1000
expresso

Postby swalker » 19 Aug 2021, 04:21

In the winter I ride in cold weather, with temperatures typically between 0 and 32 degrees F, though sometimes dropping below 0 F.

The condition that causes me to need a wheelchair also causes me to be cold. I usually wear a light down jacket inside, even when the temperature inside is in the high 70s (F).

For my winter rides, bulky clothing is necessary. I usually wear multiple layers. On top, I will wear a heavy polypropylene long sleeve shirt, flannel shirt, sometimes a sweater, light down jacket, heavy hooded down jacket (baffled construction), and then sometimes a gortex shell on top of all that. On bottom, I wear long johns, pants, and down outer pants (again, baffled construction). I also wear a wool hat, neck gaiter, my old ski gloves, and insulated boots.

The outer down layers are what I used to use for winter mountaineering. They are designed for exceptional cold and do a very good job of keeping my core body parts warm.

Since becoming disabled, there is no amount of clothing that will keep my feet and hands warm. I require an external source of heat. I use chemical hand and feet warmer packs for that.

With all that, I am still limited to being out for an hour or two at a time in the winter. It usually takes about as long to get dressed as to do the ride :) . It also usually takes the rest of the day to warm up after an outing.

I have used silk underwear (top and bottom) as well as silk liner socks and silk glove liners. I have also used a silk sleeping bag liner. I used these for various outdoor activities (hiking, backpacking, mountaineering, etc.) before becoming disabled. The only thing I regularly use now is a silk undershirt, which I sometimes wear at night when we are "camping" in our motorhome.

II have generally found that I like polypropylene better than silk, though silk sure does have a nice feel.

Steve
Permobil F5 Corpus 3G
Permobil C500s VS
Permobil C500 Corpus 3G
Permobil C350 Corpus 3G
Magic Mobility X4 with 176 Ah LiFePO4
swalker

Postby expresso » 19 Aug 2021, 04:34

thats great - you do all that and enjoy a few hours outdoors

sounds nice to me also - fresh brisk air - etc, but the problem with is - i am too cold - i only go out if i have to for a reason

i have to dressed to bulky - i cant move as it is - then add all the layers jackets - i feel like i dont even fit in my chair anymore

hard to move - i can see in the outdoors - off road etc, its fun - i would like a nice outdoors ride - with a proper off road chair -

but in the city - whats the use - its true - i cant see any cheeks - what good is it - the reason my video are ass level is because the camera is at the best spot for my chair - which just so happens to be ass level - a plus :thumbup:

i do silk also - my long johns are of a silky type - thin light and warm - but still not enough for me - its ok for short runs to doc. etc,

i do want to look into the battery long johns - i seen some for $300 - thats alot - for something that may not even work - i may not use them enough really -

who knows - one day - i may try it - hands and feet - another big issue - harder to keep warm
expresso

Postby Fred005 » 19 Aug 2021, 06:49

swalker wrote:In the winter I ride in cold weather, with temperatures typically between 0 and 32 degrees F, though sometimes dropping below 0 F.

The condition that causes me to need a wheelchair also causes me to be cold. I usually wear a light down jacket inside, even when the temperature inside is in the high 70s (F).

For my winter rides, bulky clothing is necessary. I usually wear multiple layers. On top, I will wear a heavy polypropylene long sleeve shirt, flannel shirt, sometimes a sweater, light down jacket, heavy hooded down jacket (baffled construction), and then sometimes a gortex shell on top of all that. On bottom, I wear long johns, pants, and down outer pants (again, baffled construction). I also wear a wool hat, neck gaiter, my old ski gloves, and insulated boots.

The outer down layers are what I used to use for winter mountaineering. They are designed for exceptional cold and do a very good job of keeping my core body parts warm.

Since becoming disabled, there is no amount of clothing that will keep my feet and hands warm. I require an external source of heat. I use chemical hand and feet warmer packs for that.

With all that, I am still limited to being out for an hour or two at a time in the winter. It usually takes about as long to get dressed as to do the ride :) . It also usually takes the rest of the day to warm up after an outing.

I have used silk underwear (top and bottom) as well as silk liner socks and silk glove liners. I have also used a silk sleeping bag liner. I used these for various outdoor activities (hiking, backpacking, mountaineering, etc.) before becoming disabled. The only thing I regularly use now is a silk undershirt, which I sometimes wear at night when we are "camping" in our motorhome.

II have generally found that I like polypropylene better than silk, though silk sure does have a nice feel.

Steve

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Have a good day.
Fred005

Postby Fred005 » 19 Aug 2021, 06:50

chazzyr wrote:My neighborhood, filmed with a DJI Pocket 2.

I love your country !!!
Fred005

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair