For those of you with R-Net programmers

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

For those of you with R-Net programmers

Postby Burgerman » 01 Aug 2019, 13:04

Did you ever want to know what all those settings do, but get an error when opening the help files?

Theres a reason for that. Microsoft decided that from XP onwards these types of help files were not secure enough. So the help included in many programs, inc R-Net will not work. They will fail in Vista, and in 7, 8 8.1 etc. Theres a fix. At least this fixes the 64 bit version of these newer operating systems. But thats what most are using today.

You need to take the help file program from a windows XP 64 bit (it lives in the windows directory, and is called winhlp32.exe even though its actually a 64 bit version - dont ask me why). And replace the one already in newer versions of windows. The one in newer versions is actually fake, it just sends you to a website explaining that it is no longer supported.

So take the file inside this .zip below, and replace the one you already have in your windows folder. Thats it, then help will work in the r-net and every other program. But its not that simple! Its locked and will not allow you to delete or overwrite it. But I did that from a boot disk. You can also do it from say, the rescue disk on most backup programs. Or sergeis USB boot tools. Etc. Or you can "unlock" it in windows and delete it.

This is the one you want. And its safe!
Attachments
winhlp32 XP x64.zip
(146.04 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: For those of you with R-Net programmers

Postby Burgerman » 01 Aug 2019, 13:17

It makes the help work properly!

Dont know what something does? Ask it!
Attachments
Image1.gif
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby CPguy » 01 Aug 2019, 16:23

@ Burgerman: I LOVE YOU! ;) you are simply the best...
My rides:
1 BM2/BM3 with 120 A R-Net and Odessey (Lithium in 2016)
1 SKS Swiss VIVA (spare, as only NF22 size battery)
2 Progeo YOGA (for traveling)
CPguy

Postby Burgerman » 01 Aug 2019, 18:09

Dont get too carried away. I just got fed up with windows using the help.exe file as a redirect to the web to tell us to stop using it. So I decided to see if the one from XP would still work in 10. It does. But I had to install win XP on a spare disk to get it... So now we know. For what its worth you shoud be able to do the same for the 32bit windows, but the files are not the same. So you need to install 32bit XP to steal that file instead.

If you have windows configured right, you can print each page out as a .PDF file. Or on paper. But you would have to do each page individually and it would take forever.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby dannod » 03 Jan 2021, 16:44

Just got a new chair and if someone could pm me the program link that would be amazing. Thank you!
dannod

Postby Marcelo » 07 May 2022, 22:46

Hi Burg, can I enable the Permobil F3 onboard program using only the OEM-R net dongle? Can this be done only with direct R-net programmer plugged into the joystick? :thumbup:
Marcelo

Postby steves1977uk » 07 May 2022, 23:23

Dont get too carried away. I just got fed up with windows using the help.exe file as a redirect to the web to tell us to stop using it. So I decided to see if the one from XP would still work in 10. It does. But I had to install win XP on a spare disk to get it... So now we know. For what its worth you shoud be able to do the same for the 32bit windows, but the files are not the same. So you need to install 32bit XP to steal that file instead.

If you have windows configured right, you can print each page out as a .PDF file. Or on paper. But you would have to do each page individually and it would take forever.

You didn't have to install XP just to get the winhlp32.exe file BM, there's a much quicker way... You use the expand.exe file built into Windows since WinXP (I think).

So to expand the winhlp32.exe from a WinXP source, you'd navigate to the i386 folder then type...

Code: Select all
expand winhlp32.ex_ winhlp32.exe

And then you'll have the uncompressed winhlp32 file! :thumbup:

makecab.exe does it the opposite way, it allows you to compress files.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby woodygb » 08 May 2022, 00:15

winhlp32win10.zip and the simple install instructions are here on the forum.

https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/ ... 10#p123441
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Return to Everything Powerchair