R-Net main controller model #

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

R-Net main controller model #

Postby Irving » 21 Aug 2019, 17:09

I recently had an email from a colleague asking about R-Net controller part numbers as he wanted to upgrade a relative's chair. It got me thinking that I've not seen a comprehensive list posted anywhere (I could be wrong).

So here goes my (not necessarily definitive) attempt...

We all know (I think) the PM120 (120amp) module is the one to go for. The generic PGDT part # for this is D50903.xx
PSX_20190821_162425.jpg
PSX_20190821_162508.jpg

However, a quick trawl through a few hundred (OK, so I was bored) on eBay also throws up a few other variants in the same case shape:

D50946.yy, where (so far) yy is 11 through 15. These all seem to be Permobil specific versions. Visually they appear to be similar but the Inhibit2 and On-board Charger sockets (the small ones to the RH end) appear to be blanked off. I wonder about the firmware.

D51254.01 claims to be a Meyra specific one and, more interestingly, suggests it's able to go to 220A (or rather has 220 in the little box where others have 80, 90 or 120). Not sure I believe that, but who knows? Again visually similar and the RH connectors are blanked off. Sold for 65€ on eBay earlier this year, but only the one listing ever.
PSX_20190821_164336.jpg

It is generally thought that the .xx sub-identifier for the generic D50903 is the brand of chair it's intended for. That may or may not be true, but various numbers have been associated with multiple brands; sadly there's a lot of mis-information on eBay due to sellers copying each others adverts. Here is a list I've compiled (feel free to copy and add) :
  • .01 - .08 Nothing found
  • .09 - Handicare (Puma 40)
  • .10 - Quickie (Jive)
  • .11 - Scout Mobility
  • .12 - Quickie (QM710)
  • .13 - AMYSystems Alltrack
  • .14 - Permobil
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Re: R-Net main controller model #

Postby Burgerman » 21 Aug 2019, 17:36

The blanked off connectors are just rubber bungs.
Same on ISM and other modules.

All the permobil, sunrise 120A (see white lable for 120) are the same. They all have different part numbers because they they are plug and play, No programming.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Irving » 21 Aug 2019, 18:16

Burgerman wrote:The blanked off connectors are just rubber bungs.
Same on ISM and other modules.

All the permobil, sunrise 120A (see white lable for 120) are the same. They all have different part numbers because they they are plug and play, No programming.

OK on the bungs.

I should have been clearer about the phrase "intended for" and said "originally intended for" as I accept they are interchangeable parts (as far as we know).

But if they are all the same why give them different part #? That makes no sense for PGDT to have to hold, track and manage all that inventory. There has to be some meaning in that suffix, even if it's of no relevance to us.

Also, just to be clear, are you saying that the D50903 and D50946 parts are equally interchangeable?
C5/6 A (complete)
Irving

Postby Burgerman » 21 Aug 2019, 18:25

I am saying that when a user has a power module fitted to x chair, thats the part number in the parts book. Because a "tech" doesent know enough about programming, and doesent usually posess an OEM level programmer. So they are programmed with default settings for every specific chair and sit on the shelf waiting to be plugged and played. That way we dont get wrong brake votages, wrong compensation, wrong seating parameters, or fit a front drive chair with a PM programmed for a rear drive..

But YOU or I can take any of them and configure from scratch. Or clone the chair it will be used on if its a replacement. So as long as its marked 120 you are good to go.

And there are many 80 amp and 90A (built in seating - cheapness less capable) always available. But with a third less torque. OK if you are in a mid drive 4 or 6mph, and not too heavy. Otherwise run away.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 21 Aug 2019, 18:32

D51254.01 claims to be a Meyra specific one and, more interestingly, suggests it's able to go to 220A (or rather has 220 in the little box where others have 80, 90 or 120). Not sure I believe that, but who knows? Again visually similar and the RH connectors are blanked off. Sold for 65€ on eBay earlier this year, but only the one listing ever.

The 120A ones are tank steer, 2x 120A channels (one per motor).

The 210A ones are odd. Its a scooter controller, modded at the factory so that they can use both channels as a single 220A output to drive a scooter style chair. No steering on that 210A output. And then they use another output similar to a seating actuator to STEER the powered casters via a servo. Theres some very weird mixing going on there. Thats not one thats any good for us. They behave a little oddly, not like a tank steered chair.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Irving » 21 Aug 2019, 18:48

Burgerman wrote:I am saying that when a user has a power module fitted to x chair, thats the part number in the parts book. Because a "tech" doesent know enough about programming, and doesent usually posess an OEM level programmer. So they are programmed with default settings for every specific chair and sit on the shelf waiting to be plugged and played. That way we dont get wrong brake votages, wrong compensation, wrong seating parameters, or fit a front drive chair with a PM programmed for a rear drive..

But YOU or I can take any of them and configure from scratch. Or clone the chair it will be used on if its a replacement. So as long as its marked 120 you are good to go.

And there are many 80 amp and 90A (built in seating - cheapness less capable) always available. But with a third less torque. OK if you are in a mid drive 4 or 6mph, and not too heavy. Otherwise run away.

OK, I got that. I wonder if pgdt actually hold them pre-programmed or program to order?

I recently came across the same situation with my AEG washing machine, the main controller died. So the repair guy came round, fitted new board. No joy. After some head-scratching he went back to his van and brought in another board. Worked! He explained that the boards are all generic across a range of AEG, Bosch, etc machines and are programmed to order in the office but when they'd programmed the boards for his work rota that morning theyd put the wrong board in the box marked with my job #. Fortunately he only had 2 that day.

There's a warning there though. If you buy a 'generic' controller on eBay and fit it, there's a possibility you could do a lot of damage to yourself or your surroundings if you don't program it straight away.
C5/6 A (complete)
Irving

Postby Burgerman » 21 Aug 2019, 18:56

Correct!

I have seen a chair with a replaced controller via a dealer. It was the right PM but had been programmed for the 4 pole version of the chair (40mOhm) instead of the 2 pole version. That should have been 80 or 90. So it refused to turn. Or accelerate. Or slow down properly. And was like driving with 4 flat tyres.

Had that been the oppsite way around, then it could have took of in any direction and be totally out of control and broke someones legs. Dealer probably thought that they all looked the same. So...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 27 Aug 2019, 04:55

Same sort of thing applies to the older Pilot + controllers - lots of different part numbers, but only a handful of different Amp ratings, which can be seen on the P&G label in the little box.....

The problem I saw on some of the eBay listings was that not all the controllers had a P&G label on them - some it was just missing / torn off / illegible, others it was covered up by a manufacturer's label w/ a manufacturer's part number on it, and there was no real way to tell what Amp rating it was....

(unless really cheap I'd pass on those...)

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby MarkFox » 12 Apr 2021, 11:51

Irving wrote:
It is generally thought that the .xx sub-identifier for the generic D50903 is the brand of chair it's intended for. That may or may not be true, but various numbers have been associated with multiple brands; sadly there's a lot of mis-information on eBay due to sellers copying each others adverts. Here is a list I've compiled (feel free to copy and add) :
  • .01 - .08 Nothing found
  • .09 - Handicare (Puma 40)
  • .10 - Quickie (Jive)
  • .11 - Scout Mobility
  • .12 - Quickie (QM710)
  • .13 - AMYSystems Alltrack
  • .14 - Permobil

Are all of these functionally identical? I know (from reading elsewhere on the forum) that some of the Permobil stuff requires their own programming software, but does this apply to the power module if everything else (Joystick/ISM etc) are all generic R-Net parts?

Supplier I ordered my PM120 from (Which was supposed to be a D50903.09) sent the wrong part, and may only now have the .14 left in stock, so wanted to check before I accept one.
MarkFox

Postby Burgerman » 12 Apr 2021, 12:13

Are all of these functionally identical? I know (from reading elsewhere on the forum) that some of the Permobil stuff requires their own programming software, but does this apply to the power module if everything else (Joystick/ISM etc) are all generic R-Net parts?

Supplier I ordered my PM120 from (Which was supposed to be a D50903.09) sent the wrong part, and may only now have the .14 left in stock, so wanted to check before I accept one.

Well I have a permobil 120A one here and it seems to be identical to the other three that are sunrise ones. So based on that they appear to be the same. Your mileage may vary... I think rover said the same.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby MarkFox » 12 Apr 2021, 12:27

Thanks, in which case I'll grab the .14 when they call me back then. I just got worried that they might not be compatible with the generic OEM software

My CJSM2-BT is a brand new generic, and my ISM6L is also a generic R-Net as well
MarkFox

Postby Burgerman » 12 Apr 2021, 12:49

PM me.

You dont want the generic software. You want Sunrise Version OEM 6.4.

Dont buy and blame me though! Mine works doesent garantee yours will.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby MarkFox » 12 Apr 2021, 13:02

Burgerman wrote:Dont buy and blame me though! Mine works doesent garantee yours will.

Of course - there's no way you could ever be expected to be certain about a product that someone else was selling!

Absolute worst case, I have to get another module, and I keep this one as an emergency spare - it's not the end of the world.

The one they sent me by mistake came from a Quickie MWD chair - would I potentially be better off just holding onto this one rather than risk a Permobil?
MarkFox

Postby Burgerman » 12 Apr 2021, 13:04

Is it 120A?

Because other than permobil they are all the same. Even the permobil ones seem to be. At least mine is. The controller doesent know wat its fitted too. And you can program everything.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby MarkFox » 12 Apr 2021, 13:13

Yep, it's the 120A version, didn't see much point going for anything lower. Never know what I might want to re-use it on in the future
MarkFox

Postby Burgerman » 12 Apr 2021, 13:21

I have one fitted to the salsa. One fitted to the Q700R, both with cloned settings. And the same with the other spare ones. So if one fails, I can just plug in a spare.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby MarkFox » 12 Apr 2021, 13:49

I'll see which ones they've got on hand when they call back, a quick eBay/google scan seems to suggest that .14 is also used on some Quickie chairs, so it's more than likely they're the same as the other D50903 units so I feel reasonably safe.

Grabbed this one for £79, which seems to be a reasonable price for a 120A R-Net PM?
MarkFox

Postby Burgerman » 12 Apr 2021, 14:39

Going rate used. I paid more and less but not much. All looked like new.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 12 Apr 2021, 16:36

this is what mines shows - from Sunrise - Pm120 on my new chair
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Return to Everything Powerchair