200Ah Pack

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: 200Ah Pack

Postby Burgerman » 19 Dec 2019, 16:53

And that sort of bullshit, which 50% of it was is why nobody shoud be using utube for information. Express VPN doesent keep any logs. And they dont have to by law because of their location. And it even works on a mac without restarting anything... Why you all went with nord I really dont know.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 15 Dec 2021, 20:09

Burgerman wrote:
This looks a bit heath robinson, I've never seen one of these before. Maybe BM has?

Begs the question how hard to you whack it? A big whack or a little whack

Makes no difference how hard you wack it. That flimsy bit of copper they are calling a ring terminal can almost be crushed with your fingers. Certainly can be squashed flat with a very gentle tap with a beer glass. It makes zero difference how hard you hit it, because it just has not got the strength to stay that shape or to compress the joint hard enough. It springs back a little after you hit it. And it moves as you pull the cable, lets oxygen in to resuce the contact resistance, and expands and contracts and softens with the heat that generates under load. Till it fails... Or at least causes problems or gets yanked out or whatever.

So tap it enough to hold it, then solder the thing properly. Then solder it as expresso does. With a turbo lighter (amazon) in literally seconds.

Or get a REAL crimper, that is designed for the type of proper crimp you have, and use that. Te one shown is inconsistent, can cut through the wire, or leave it loose. No good used alone.
On one of these thick wall, or cast terminals, or use only proper crimps with proper tool, that holds the wire outer sheath as well, on small wires. As shown below:

Anyone know where to get these cast thick walled terminals and cast thick walled anderson sb50 lugs ( not copper) in the U.S
Invacare tdx sp
Bounder 300M 200ah lifepo4
fishinjunky

Postby Burgerman » 16 Dec 2021, 01:32

I buy 3 different sizes dep on what I am doing in paks of 10 on ebay. And 10 andersons does 5 connections. So frequently buy 20. And always run out. I use them everywhere...

Thick walled connector like ring terminals are practically impossible to find. Here a "lug" is an ear. If you are doing this to avoid soldering think again... Solder everything. So thick walled ones are not needed. Crimping alone is not good.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 16 Dec 2021, 02:56

Burgerman wrote:I buy 3 different sizes dep on what I am doing in paks of 10 on ebay. And 10 andersons does 5 connections. So frequently buy 20. And always run out. I use them everywhere...

Thick walled connector like ring terminals are practically impossible to find. Here a "lug" is an ear. If you are doing this to avoid soldering think again... Solder everything. So thick walled ones are not needed. Crimping alone is not good.

Ok got it I wasn't sure if they were necessary. Yea I'll solder everything
Invacare tdx sp
Bounder 300M 200ah lifepo4
fishinjunky

Postby expresso » 16 Dec 2021, 04:16

fishinjunky - check your email
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby expresso » 17 Dec 2021, 04:59

https://www.amazon.com/AIRIC-Tinned-Tub ... r=8-8&th=1

these look like pretty thick walled connectors - worth a look - i havnt used these before - i just found them myself - as for the Anderson ones - i never found the thick walls - but dosnt matter i crimp and solder them - they are never coming off

i am looking for also ring ends thats are not insulated kind - but accept a larger wire and has a nice thick ring - i seen others using them - and seem easy to crimp them - and solder in the front where its open - yet to find -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair