New Magic Mobility Wheelchair

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

New Magic Mobility Wheelchair

Postby Toro » 16 Sep 2020, 18:38

Hi all... First time posting.

I've seen many here are fans of the Magic Mobility line of chairs and on Monday they just released a new model.

The Magic 360.

If anyone is interested here is the link:

https://www.magicmobility.com.au/wheelc ... heelchair/

Cheers
Toro

Re: New Magic Mobility Wheelchair

Postby Rollin Positive » 16 Sep 2020, 22:23

Cant wait till it comes to USA...looks more mainstream and and smaller base?
Rollin Positive

Postby Fusiongoat » 16 Sep 2020, 22:57

Rollin Positive wrote:Cant wait till it comes to USA...looks more mainstream and and smaller base?

Yes. 26 in. wide with off road tires, 24" without, 120 A R-net, 73 ah ah batteries and same motors. Looks like it will be the best available option.
Fusiongoat

Postby Burgerman » 16 Sep 2020, 23:43

Now I am interested in a rear drive one!

Without seeing one in person its pretty likely that it mostly marketing "upgrade". Some styling changes.
And 2 obvious changes that I can see. Different front suspension. That may make it less off road capable as it wont lift the front casters as much as you drive forwards. And they narrowed its base 2 inches. Theres a guy here seagreen, did the same. He decided that the gap between the motors in the centre was uneccassary. And chopped the frame and rewelded it. And thats a thing the old chair needed a decade ago.

Other than this a 3rd tyre option and the frame narrowing its probably almost all styling and marketing changes. So thats probably a good thing. Dont break something thats not broken! Especially for the non DIY types. It means that the new option tyre size, the in between one, will likely bolt straight on to your older V6 and the even older X5 chairs. Making those a couple of inches narrower. (26 instead of 28). HOPEFULLY tubeless for a change unless they missed a trick.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby daunjan » 17 Sep 2020, 08:58

Cant wait to see it in NZ, sad covid has put a damper on the ATSNZ Disability expo. They would have been on display... drunk2

Als welcome to the site :clap
daunjan

Postby Fusiongoat » 06 Apr 2021, 20:11

This chair has been approved by the FDA for sale in the US :thumbup:
https://fda.report/PMN/K203083
I called Innovation in Motion and they said they have a phone call with Magic Mobility tomorrow to discuss importing it to The US. The question is how will it be coded and when. Looking at the chair, the version with smaller tires should be group 3, at least I'm hoping. I don't think they can just sell the smaller tires as an option on a group 4 chair, but maybe. I'm only going on about it because I've had Medicare for 5 years and they've yet to purchase me a chair, so maybe... As for the Bounder I'm having trouble getting into it, basically I can't without banging myself on the steel foot board or the hanger... It flips up, but that doesn't help so I may have to remove it. :problem:
Fusiongoat

Return to Everything Powerchair