SVM Truck Stopped Opening

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

SVM Truck Stopped Opening

Postby soldtoosoon99 » 26 Aug 2021, 02:47

Hi, my name is Bobby and I purchased a Chevy Silverado from SVM Mobility in 2015. Over time the door would open slower and slower constantly clicking until it recently just stopped reacting to the key fob altogether. Does anyone know what may be wrong with my door by chance? Could it be the "open actuator" burning out. Could it be a separate battery that died? It still clicks when I push the fob while the truck is running, but the door doesn't move. Before the door stopped reacting to the fob it would intermittently click over and over again resulting in the door opening really slowly. If anyone has any idea on how to fix this, please let me know. It's a pretty small community and I don't know what else to do...Thanks.
soldtoosoon99

Re: SVM Truck Stopped Opening

Postby Burgerman » 26 Aug 2021, 10:22

I honestly dont think anyone can answer this without both the truck and a multimeter and the ability to do a little problem solving.

Could be a sensor issue, a bad motor, burned solenoid, badly adjusted microswitch or something, bad connection, tired battery, or maybe mechanical. Something misaligned, adjusted badly, corrosion, lack of lubrication, etc. You need someone that has a few skills to understand it and take a good look at it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's