Interlock + Braun Millenium Personal Wheelchair Lift

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

Interlock + Braun Millenium Personal Wheelchair Lift

Postby Hoop-AL » 20 Jul 2021, 05:38

Hi folks.

I have a situation with my newly acquired van and I'm in need of advice/guidance before I open this can on worms.

I drove the wheels off my 1998 Econoline E150 and along the way became exceedingly familiar with the Ricon Clearway lift and it's many quirks. When it was finally time to let it go I was able to get my hands on a beautifully preserved 2006 Econoline E250. Everything fit the bill: hand controls, 6-way power driver seat, solid lift and switches installed anywhere I'd need to find one. But for the first time in 25 years of driving I have to deal with this Interlock device. Quite frankly the thing is in the way, doing more harm than good. Specifically I need the ability to open my lift with the engine running and I'd like the power supplied to my lift to remain consistent (it's my understanding the Interlock puts the lift in a 'sleep' mode over time) PS- my local wheelchair van shop won't touch this job.

First question: Is Interlock REQUIRED for my lift to operate? [Braun L955 Millenium Series personal mobility lift]

Thanks in advance.
Alan
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Hoop-AL

Re: Interlock + Braun Millenium Personal Wheelchair Lift

Postby Hoop-AL » 20 Jul 2021, 05:40

This is the lift I have installed.
Attachments
4.jpg
Hoop-AL

Re: Interlock + Braun Millenium Personal Wheelchair Lift

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jul 2021, 07:32

It depends what you mean by required. Its more safety nazi nonsense to save you from yourself. Or more importantly to save the company getting sued if its operated while you are driving...

The lift itself doesent know anything about it. Give it a 12V supply and it will work. Exactly how its wired is probably hard to figure out. But defeating it will be trivial.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's