help with Dodge grand caravan.

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

help with Dodge grand caravan.

Postby eznaz » 27 Dec 2021, 22:02

I have a 2016 dodge grand caravan with an in floor side entry ramp. last week I had a dead battery replaced and now there is no power to the ramp or kneel. Where are the fuses that may be relevant located? I found no blown fuses in the box under the hood. ramp works on the backup system. so I am hoping for a blown fuse somewhere.
eznaz

Re: help with Dodge grand caravan.

Postby Burgerman » 27 Dec 2021, 23:14

Mine isnt in floor. But fuse next to the door on the inside. And in the rear where the computer lives.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby eznaz » 31 Dec 2021, 06:07

Thanks Burgerman, the one in the back is good. I found six more in the dash. none had to do with the ramp. tomorrow I will pull up the floor and try to trace the wires.
eznaz

Postby Burgerman » 31 Dec 2021, 11:09

Theres another in a wire connected to the battery with a fuse in the engine bay On mine at least.

Theres a fuse in one of the two cables connected to the battery that have a nylon braid on them. Those are supplying power to the ramp system. You can see the cables here but not the fuse.
Attachments
3.8-engine-dodge.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby F3Head » 11 Jan 2022, 00:18

In my 2014 Chrysler Town and Country Braunability with sideload ramp and 14 inch drop floor behind the rear seat on the right side the seat flips up and and forward and underneath the seat are the brains to the entire van and lift system. Here you can remove the simple cover and do a reset that's found in the electronics box. It will reboot the computer and reconfigure itself with its own logic. Fortunately I have not had any battery problems with the van yet.

For what it's worth…F3HEAD
F3Head

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's