VMI conversion/2007 honda odyssey

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

VMI conversion/2007 honda odyssey

Postby tgoodman1 » 31 Oct 2013, 03:38

I had alot of problems with the vmi conversion when i first bought the van.But over the years the ramp has been pretty dependable.I have had more problems with the passenger sliding door.Water gets in the belly of the van from the top when it rains.It has been awhile since i have been on this site,but i know someone else has had this problem.The thing that scares me is how much damage it is causing to the motor and controls.I tried taking the floor board out myself but i ran into a snag when i went to take the gaurd off right where the ramp comes out.I am very mechanically inclined and im sure i would be able to clean the motor and controls up if i could just get the floor up.Ultimately i need to stop the rain water from coming in.I live in tampa and my only two choices for vmi mechanics are a-ability and mobility express can anyone give me another option or advice on this subject...
tgoodman1

Re: VMI conversion/2007 honda odyssey

Postby Burgerman » 31 Oct 2013, 11:52

I would have thought any half competent body shop or mechanic can soon sort that out?

Or drill a few small drain holes.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: VMI conversion/2007 honda odyssey

Postby motoman » 01 Nov 2013, 01:55

I've got an 07 VMI Odyssey and don't have seem to have water issues. There are a couple hooded drains in the floor to let water out. I suspect they are either clogged with dirt or they plugged them up with undercoating. I would guess your sliding door seals are not sealing properly. What problem do you have getting the floor up? Mine comes up easy enough.
motoman

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's