BraunAbility Entervan II - Chrysler T&C - Excessive road noi

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

BraunAbility Entervan II - Chrysler T&C - Excessive road noi

Postby skylarjoehill.h » 01 Sep 2017, 20:47

Are the braunAbility conversions supposed to have a lot of road noise?

Before the conversion there was no road noise but ever since we had it converted there has been a lot of road noise. There were also construction issues with the conversion. Sometimes the kneeling system won't stop running after putting the ramp up and sometimes when you put it into drive. It's a few years old.
skylarjoehill.h

Re: BraunAbility Entervan II - Chrysler T&C - Excessive road

Postby Burgerman » 02 Sep 2017, 02:14

Not really. Check rubber isolation bushes, suspension top/bottom mount bushes both ends of the van and leaf spring mount bushes, front sub frame mounting bshes, CV joints, etc. Even wheel bearing smoothness. Those get noisy at high mileages.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby skylarjoehill.h » 02 Sep 2017, 02:35

It was fine before the conversion. After conversion it had a lot of road noise, had a rough ride, and has been repaired a lot(maybe 20 times).
skylarjoehill.h

Postby Burgerman » 02 Sep 2017, 03:04

Well a bigger interior, is going to be slightly noisier. But not excessively so. But they mess with the suspension. To stiffen it (tow pack I think) and they raise it a few inches each end too. That may be the source of the noise, if the way it was raised is done badly or installed incorrectly. Mine is rollx and its quiet inside once I adjusted the ramp so it no longer makes a sound as you drive. Most of them rattle as they are adjusted badly or the door is...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby motoman » 02 Sep 2017, 20:42

The Chrysler vans are far more noisy than the imports. I rode in a friends Braun van and its impossible to have any conversation above 40 mph.
motoman

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's