Rollx Fob Works Intermittently

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

Rollx Fob Works Intermittently

Postby Scarlet » 23 Sep 2020, 01:45

My Rollx Fob isn't making the door open when I first try in the morning. The blue light comes on but not quite right. Once I drive the van, I can use the fob to open the door to get out and the again to close the door. After 8 hours of work. It doesn't work again. It seems like it has something to do with the car battery, but how would I be able to find out? I did change the battery in the fob.
Scarlet

Re: Rollx Fob Works Intermittently

Postby Burgerman » 23 Sep 2020, 05:33

A volt meter. Will tell you what is going on with the battery. But I doubt thats it because if it starts the motor then it cant be too low for the remote thing. I suggest asking rollx. Could also be external. Mine doesent work in the town centre at all. Works fine at home. So radio interference from something like an alarm or god knows what where you park at work. Hold the key fob up high next to a window and see if that works. If so, RF interference.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scarlet » 09 Oct 2020, 03:38

Thanks for the reply. I've used this for 2 yrs now and park in my garage out in a rural area and work at the same place I always have. It just started doing this. I'll try the window thing, just in case, and I will contact Rollx again. It's just weird that it won't work until after I've driven the van. I thought maybe whatever the bluetooth on the fob is connecting to inside the car was somehow connected to the car battery and not getting charged. We did check the car battery and it's fine. I'll let you know if I find anything, but who knows when I can get the hubby to make the call. lol
Scarlet

Postby Burgerman » 09 Oct 2020, 07:58

The RF device inside the van doesent use BT it uses 460/480 or 900mhz ISM band as far as I know. All the ones I saw use this. And they are powered directly from the vans electrical system. Trust me if it can start the van it wont have any trouble with the RF device! Even if it used BT the same applies. Its even more effected by millions of phones, wifi, etc.

Maybe someone fitted an alarm system, on a nearby building, or any one of many systems like a baby alarm audio system, cameras, door openers, customer counters, work forklift or employee tracking systems or whatever nearby where you work. Many many devices now use those same unregulated frequencies. 400 and 900mhz frequencies. Even phone towers. Esp 4G and the new 5G being installed. Even taxi or truck radio systems do.

If you hold the key fob higher up against a window, the RF signal doesent need to go through the van steel bodywork. So might still operate the van against the RF interference. Mine does!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's