Breaking Boundaries and not being defined by Illness/Injury

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Breaking Boundaries and not being defined by Illness/Injury

Postby TimeOnTarget155 » 05 Aug 2022, 20:13

Suffered a SCI and TBI in 2006 In the US army, slowly declined and been in a chair for 5 years solid, off and on since 06, mix of different aides. Digging this chair deal now, embracing instead of fighting. Grew up restoring classic cars and trucks, motorcycles, tractors, got my first motorcycle at 9 years old, hondamatic 450 shaft driven. By early teens into building motors and racing, both cars and motorcycles (Kz9 stretched with a 1350 175hp NoS and charged air shifter kind of bikes). Started A internet service provider in 98, dropped out of high school to do so. I was big into weapons but had to give up my hobbies for the most part. Currently into gaming, modding my chair and possibly building one now! Cooking, and helping others when I can! Nothing but time on my hands so feel free to chat me up or ask for help with whatever I can, If I don't know I can probably find someone who does!

People call me Father Time or Bones, Hey you, or any string of profanities between growing up in a shop and the army not much I haven't been called!

You guys seem like a great bunch and BurgerMan You are the Awesome for doing this!
TimeOnTarget155

Re: Breaking Boundaries and not being defined by Illness/Inj

Postby TimeOnTarget155 » 05 Aug 2022, 20:35

And I like pushing limits of whats possible within a given platform be it gas powered, electric, smokeless powder, air power etc. Faster,Stronger,More Accurate,LongerDistance,More g's in a corner. Now I help others and learn everything I can.
TimeOnTarget155

Postby Burgerman » 05 Aug 2022, 21:34

I might be a bit older than you, landed in a chair in 97. Was also into stupidly fast street bikes for a little weekend dragstrip action.
Mostly nitrous, then turbos, then both, and fat tyres, silly horsepower levels. You dont need several hundred to get to the pub but if you can...

Also used to build nitrous systems, that worked better than anything available then, and inertial rolling roads (chassis dynamometers) etc. For a living. So I get the bike thing with daft horsepower! Is crazy but its fun. And yes injury stops play. And 06 only just happened... :argument
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 05 Aug 2022, 21:52

Welcome TimeOnTarget155!
No disease is positive.
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 06 Aug 2022, 01:55

What about ones caused by "gram positive" bugs?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gram-positive_bacteria
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 06 Aug 2022, 21:43

I was referring to diseases; not bacteria...
martin007

Return to Introduce Yourself!