Meyra Optimus 2

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Meyra Optimus 2

Postby DannyB » 15 Apr 2021, 15:14

Hi everyone.
Some help please.
First, thanks to Burgerman for approving my membership.
Second, I've just bought a Meyra Optimus 2 RS via Ebay (UK) after years of happily driving a TGA Supersport scooter. I used to pick my daughter up from primary school and it has a 2-person bench seat. She loved it!
But now she's at secondary school and doesn't need collecting. I need a more supportive seat and thought I would move to a joystick control like my indoor chair. I plan to use the Optimus for mainly offroad in the local woods and never indoors.
It's just arrived but has no instruction manual. I have downloaded the user manual, which is pretty basic and gives no info on how to adjust the RNet-based module. For instance, I need to change the angle of the seat (electrically adjustable) but don't know how to get into the profile to change it. It has the colour module.
Apologies for making my first post a request for help. :oops:
If this issue has already been addressed, please show me where. Thanks.
DannyB

Re: Meyra Optimus 2

Postby DannyB » 15 Apr 2021, 17:59

PS: I took on board Burgerman's comments about front wheel drive and forklift-style steering, but for me the combination of decent suspension, ground clearance, look and length of this powerchair made it on balance a fair choice.

DannyB

Postby Burgerman » 15 Apr 2021, 18:29

Front drive instability isnt as much of a problem here because its not using the drive wheels to steer. Its basically a scooter. The rear casters are not free to rotate. It therefore goes where they are mechanically pointed by motors. It therefore drives and behaves like a scooter. Or a car in reverse. It cannot zero turn, and is mechanically steered by it steered rear wheels. Albeit aimed by a joystick.

Also conventional programming makes no sense on this machine as it doesent use tank steer mixing like a powerchair. So programming it is "interesting"... And the power module is different to any normal 120A unit and cannot be exchanged with one. Because the steering is direct like a car range is around 50 percent greater than a powerchair per Ah. Or more.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby DannyB » 15 Apr 2021, 21:32

Thanks Burgerman. Glad to hear the 'fuel economy' is good!
I must admit, the steering takes a bit of getting used to and is so unlike my zero-turn indoor chair (SupaChair Mini) I don't find it intuitive at all. Especially having had a three-wheeler scooter before.

Defo an outdoor chair only - or I'd have to do a 25-pt turn just to turn round in our small London flat.
DannyB

Postby martin007 » 17 Apr 2021, 22:34

What a battle tank!
How much is it?
martin007

Return to Introduce Yourself!