My introduction

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

My introduction

Postby Old Techie » 05 May 2021, 03:05

Hi. This is my first post. I am Canadian, retired and dabble in everything electrical and mechanical. I am an electrical technologist and used to install large hydroelectric generators all over the world. I also love to fix computers. In the retirement community where I live, I am known as the computer and electrical geek so my neighbours come to me with their technical problems.
My neighbour Tim was out on his mobility scooter and it died when he was about a kilometre from home. A good samaritan towed him home but while doing so, the contoller burnt up. I guess it exceeded the push threshold. By the way it is a Afikim Breeze 4.
I managed to find a new S-Drive 140A controller but it is programmed for a Pride scooter. So with your help I managed to make a serial cable and with the free dealer software I managed to connect to it. But the software does not allow me to adjust much.
I need the full software. I hope someone can help me with that.

I mistakenly posted this message as a response to another’s introduction. Sorry about that. Novice user syndrome.
Old Techie

Re: My introduction

Postby Burgerman » 05 May 2021, 04:04

I deleted the other one. For software see PM.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: My introduction

Postby martin007 » 09 May 2021, 21:52

Welcome!
martin007

Return to Introduce Yourself!