Hemiplegic (left side) stroke survivor

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hemiplegic (left side) stroke survivor

Postby Scamp » 24 Sep 2021, 21:46

I had a hemorrhagic stroke 8/1/10 that affected my left side, some semi-controlled movement, almost no sensation and really crappy balance. General stats say I shouldn't have made 5 years subsequent. Here I am just having turned 75 this month! I've received 10 US Patents since the stroke and have a folder of 35 ideas to search & patent. Money is the issue not brain power & imagination! I'm a licensed Electrical Engineer who is learning/relearning DC in general and batteries in particular and having fun doing it.
Now to my question(s): I operate inside with a 3-wheel Go-Go scooter and I have a Quantum 6 provided by the Veterans Administration. The Quantum has managed to kill two sets of very expensive batteries for the reasons that Burgerman has explained quite well and at length on his site(s). I purchased a Promariner dual 12V charger to use on t5he Pb/SLA batteries until I can build proper LiFePo4 setups. One of the nice things about the Go-Go is that the (12Ah) batteries are housed and fully connected in an ABS container that has a bottom mounted plug and a top mounted handle. This makes the entire battery pack swappable. They also make a larger container that accepts larger batteries (22Ah). I purchased the larger box & batteries so that I may use one while converting the other. I'm adding a dual Anderson jack for charging which I will use with the Promariner for now. But I intend to add all of the connectors, etc that I will need when I go Lithium. I'm also adding two OLED volt meters (SOC) with momentary switches. It's the balance connections that I'm trying to figure out. My thought is to employ DB9 connectors/serial cables (1/bank) or DB15 connectors/video cables. The cables can be cut in half with one half used from the charger and the other half for connecting the balance lines to the LI cells. I'd like to add the proper jack arrangement the first time as manipulation with only one good hand is awkward. I'm using Anderson connectors & meters from Powerwerx. I'm still learning about how to setup the balance.

OK opinions, barbs, likes??

Scamp/Keith
Scamp

Re: Hemiplegic (left side) stroke survivor

Postby Burgerman » 24 Sep 2021, 23:29

So... Whats the specific question? If any.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scamp » 27 Sep 2021, 19:42

Is a DB9 or DB15 cable/jack suitable for the balance lines?
Scamp

Postby Burgerman » 27 Sep 2021, 19:45

If decent quality. How thick are the wires in a bought cable? You want low resistance and so probably a little thin. The connectors are fine.

I use these, and can have 40A charge on one connector.

And the opposite end on the chair. These allow you to use decent cable quality and only mess around with one connector.

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 27 Sep 2021, 19:55

Attachments
810_0336-small.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself!