Hello from Benidorm

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hello from Benidorm

Postby adruimon » 03 Nov 2021, 08:26

Hi my name is Adrian, my dad had been the last 25 years on a wheelchair and we have two mobility scooters from Invacare; both need repairing after so many years of use. I am trying to gain skills on repairing electric mobility vehicles so I decided it is the time get my hands on them. From other projects in the past I have the experience that forums have a great knowledge and communities can help to learn, I will follow your instructions and research... maybe it's possible to- get them back mooving!

These are our scooters:

1. Old one. This one has the engine rotator broken, the rest is ok, when I put the new batteries the electronics and everything works, it's only that it doesn't advance and it makes a wicked noise. I have seen it's quite hard to take this piece out!
2. Invacare Comet Pro. This one it's newer and the batteries were once replaced. It started failing more and more giving the Throttle issue number 6 from the Rihno 2 controller board from DynamicControls. I've been testing it and it is all ok on the wiring. Maybe it's the potentiometer not calibrated but I don't think so, as I said it started failing more every day, it looks like I asked too much power on the slopes of my town, sometimes I even carried my friend on the skateboard, now I am ashamed. So I think it's the controller broken after using it abusing. Maybe I should replace it straight away from a second hand one.
My dream was to create a cable a diagnose it but there is the possibility also of craftig Frankenstain using the engine from the new scooter on the old one.
I will bring more info, schemes and photos. What is your opinion? Does someone have experience on creating the cables for diagnosing these machines.

Thanks for reading. Salutations from the capital from mobility scooters.
adruimon

Re: Hello from Benidorm

Postby Burgerman » 03 Nov 2021, 13:28

Many here have experience. And woodygb on this forum will make you one for a small price. Software is easily available.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Benidorm

Postby martin007 » 03 Nov 2021, 23:38

Welcome Adrian!
martin007

Return to Introduce Yourself!