Hello

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hello

Postby Stitch » 07 Nov 2021, 07:02

Hello, Steve from Wisconsin, USA. Wish I had found this forum before. I am mobile, but fatigue easily. Purchase a Pride Jazzy 1450 to modify so my friend and I can save walking at large outdoor events. Not the best fabricator and limited access to equipment, but its going okay. Have 2 light weight seats that can be mounted for single or double rider. A modified footrest and larger drive wheels give it more ground clearance. Working out details on the caster wheels.

I chose the Jazzy 1450becase of its higher weight capacity and was able to find a reasonably priced used one. Could not find a single Big Bounder.

I am sure its no surprise to anyone here, but it steers absolutely horribly.

Trying to find a programmer, but not much luck. Id settle for dealer level, but would really like more adjustability.

I've read some here, but haven't found what I need yet. I'll keep looking, but a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I can do some wiring, but electronic ability is very limited. Not looking for free and happy to pay for others talents. It has the PG 90 amp VR2 controller with a 6 button joystick.

If I decide to reverse the seats and run is as a rear drive, will the harm the motors/reducers? If I cant reverse them with programming, can I just switch the motor power wires?

By the way, what do sprinkle on chips? I missed all the questions the first go around.

Thank you -

Steve
Stitch

Re: Hello

Postby woodygb » 07 Nov 2021, 09:23

Greetings,

Programming a VR2 simply requires a cable and some software....

DIY cost under $40 .

British "chips" traditionally have salt & vinegar sprinkled on them.

If I decide to reverse the seats and run is as a rear drive, will the harm the motors/reducers?
No it will not harm them.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Stitch » 07 Nov 2021, 20:40

Thanks Woody -

I dig around in the forum for more details. Vendors and Curtis-Wright havent been any help yet. Looking on the web hasnt been much help either. What I did find was fairly costly.
Stitch

Postby woodygb » 07 Nov 2021, 22:53

An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Return to Introduce Yourself!