Norman - Brighton UK - Controler X2445B

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Re: Norman - Brighton UK - Controler X2445B

Postby steves1977uk » 21 May 2022, 15:39

IMHO, you're just throwing good £££$$$'s away on trying to improve a light chair. Those were never designed to have high powered controllers. A higher powered controller means bigger batteries as 13Ah ones won't last long.

Also motor watts means how long they can sustain that amount of power continuously without burning up. You can get lower wattage motors that are more powerful than your 250 watt ones, so you can't go by watt rating.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby martin007 » 21 May 2022, 18:19

steves1977uk wrote:A higher powered controller means bigger batteries as 13Ah ones won't last long.

13Ah are a sigh.
He'll be lucky he's able to come home...
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 21 May 2022, 19:03

Understand this.

The chair with 2x 6Ah batteries are 2x 6Ah at 24 volts each. Making it a parallel set so you addup the Ah. That a total storage of 12Ah at 24V in parallel. Thats a storage capacity of 288 watt hours.
A chair with 2x 12V batteries, and 12Ah each is connected in series and so is exactly the same 288 watt hours. So in that case the battery is not smaller or bigger...

And the chairs you link to are brushles. That means that they are both more problematic regards smooth driving and starting torque, but far more efficient and will give at least 40% more range per watt hour of energy used.

And all 3 of these chairs are really little more than toys. And so are akin to the difference to a "toy" RC car that a child uses compared to a "hobby" grade RC car. Which use much better components and are fully swap[able regards parts like motors, servos, RC equipment, battery etc. This is the problem you are having.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 21 May 2022, 19:06

Burgerman wrote:And all 3 of these chairs are really little more than toys.

Excellent way to define them.
martin007

Postby ian56 » 15 Mar 2023, 12:16

Norman,
I am keen to know how this ended up for you, having just bought one of these myself.
If you did get the programmer then I am even more keen to see how you got on.
Thanks,
Ian.
ian56

Postby Norman M6NBP » 15 Mar 2023, 13:07

I got a reply from qywen@wuyang-china.com and bought the controller programmer.
The controller unit needs to be adjusted by our self developed programmer, and it is USD$90/piece FOB shanghai, it applies to all models of our company.
We could send one piece to you on receipt of your address. I will enquiry the carriers and advise you the express fee afterwards.

Was pain in ass sending money to China as there Address was to long for the UK banks system. But we got there in the end.
Fast shipping to the UK also.

I also got the dealer I bought the wheelchair from to send me the default settings so I had a starting point.

1-2023-03-15 11.33.55.jpg

2-2023-03-15 11.33.43.jpg

Manual - https://www.dropbox.com/s/gj1a4hw448x93 ... 1.pdf?dl=0

I then tweaked what I needed and all has been ideal since.
I can take it with me and make small changes on the go if ever needed.

Yes, as many like to point out it is a toy that meets my needs 100%
Getting around the hospital.
Getting around smaller shops and stores.
Fits in any car folded down.
Light weight.
Well built.
Good battery life.
Cheap and if I get 3 to 5 years usage I will be over the moon.

If I had to use it 24/7, then I would have looked at a much better Electric Wheel chair option.
But for now it meets the purpose for what I bought it for.

I still use my large Electric scooter https://www.mobilitypower.co.uk/product/zt4/ daily when out and about.

The only downside is every time I take it out, I get stopped and asked where to buy and price.
https://mobilitypluswheelchairs.co.uk/collections/electric-wheelchairs/products/mobilityplus-ultra-lightweight-instant-folding-electric-wheelchair

So yes, it does have a place in my life and might not meet the needs of others.
End of the day, it is your money and your free to spend it as you want.

Hope this has helped.

Norman M6NBP

Postby ian56 » 15 Mar 2023, 13:55

Thanks very much for that update - most appreciated.

I will get on with buying that programmer, although I do not require many revisions in reality.

I also intend to get some channel ramps, but am struggling to source some fitted with transit plates.

My wife is able to lift the chair in/out of the boot, but only with the batteries removed. I am hoping that with a set of ramps she will be able to drive it up the ramp instead.

As you say, the chair meets a certain type of users requirements (you and I !) and seems to be very likely to provide a few years use.

My Quickie M 300 nhs chair isn't able to go into the car, but is great around the house and outside locally.
Thanks again,
Ian
ian56

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself!