The guy with CP

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

The guy with CP

Postby CPguy » 22 Jan 2010, 18:02

I am a middle aged guy with CP (from birth). I can walk short distances with the aid of two crutches. I use both manual wheelchairs and power wheelchairs. I currently have 4 different wheelchairs (three manual and one electric wheelchair). I know Burgermanns site since the time it has hosted by some free webhosting service. I have a degree in Business and I love playing chess.

A few weeks ago my power chair broke down and that was the (final) incident which now makes me build my own power chair. I am so fed up with the rehab insdustry and the useless rehab technicians (I am on trade fairs regularly and have to deal with these guys both professionally and privately) that I am now determined to acquire the skills to build my own power chair. I need something very simlar (but not the same!) to Burgermans' "ultimate wheelchair", I will post my technical thread on this forum soon.

I hope to find technical support and inspiration here. See you guys on the board!
CPguy

Re: The guy with CP

Postby Burgerman » 22 Jan 2010, 22:29

Welcome!

I learned a lot too over the last 13 years since my bike accident!

Some of those old sites are still there, probably full of incorrect out dated info and spelling and grammer mistakes!

And I too am fed up with the lack of knowledge, development etc with everything to do with the rehab industry.

What are you going to build? (Why different to my latest one? Just interested.)
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: The guy with CP

Postby CPguy » 23 Jan 2010, 15:17

Dear Burgerman,

Thank you for the kind welcome!

My power chair has to ascend and decend a 20 cm (8 inch curb) and I need casters with an diameter of at least 25 cm (required to access the tube in Vienna).

I shall take the liberty to start my own thread in the power chair section. See you there!
CPguy

Return to Introduce Yourself!