hello from leeds, uk!

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

hello from leeds, uk!

Postby Adam.m » 28 Jun 2016, 00:57

hi i'm adam, from leeds, uk, 30 years old, been using a chair (outside only) for a few years now,

i was an aerial photographer for a power line survey company, until 2013 when i was in a helicopter crash on a job over in montana broke all ribs, my neck & had a stroke which has left my left side paralysed, few years later I'm finally out of rehab, ohs don't give me an electric chair because i can walk a bit indoors, instead they give me a one handed manual wheelchair which is utterly useless to me so i bought a second hand handcar puma/beatle for £500 from eBay, bit of a risk but its turned out okay so far but I'm craving more range.

i have a website for my old personal photography www.adammalcolm.co.uk
Adam.m

Re: hello from leeds, uk!

Postby Burgerman » 28 Jun 2016, 01:23

That powerline photography lark can be dangerous!

Download this to your desktop first, and then watch. Wont download fast enough to play properly without. http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/gopro/shapes-1080.mp4

Well thats my type f ariel photography anyway! :oops:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby SteveO » 28 Jun 2016, 23:37

Adam.m wrote:hi i'm adam, from leeds, uk, 30 years old, been using a chair (outside only) for a few years now,

i was an aerial photographer for a power line survey company, until 2013 when i was in a helicopter crash on a job over in montana broke all ribs, my neck & had a stroke which has left my left side paralysed, few years later I'm finally out of rehab, ohs don't give me an electric chair because i can walk a bit indoors, instead they give me a one handed manual wheelchair which is utterly useless to me so i bought a second hand handcar puma/beatle for £500 from eBay, bit of a risk but its turned out okay so far but I'm craving more range.

i have a website for my old personal photography http://www.adammalcolm.co.uk

Hey Adam, welcome! Great pics on your site. Your first electric wheelchair is a liberating experience and you must have heard the old saying "a second class ride is better than a first class walk" I'm in the middle of my own first build at the minute. Fortunately for me I can still do things myself, it just takes me weeks to do what was a 10 minute job a few years ago. I got lots of advise and ideas along with timely reminders of where I'm going wrong so take a good look at the posts from the past and it'll help you decide how you want to achieve your end results. Ask lots of questions, even if they seem daft, you'll get the appropriate answers but always remember you know your own abilities and of course how your injuries affect you. Some things are easier to achieve than others but there's always a right way and a wrong way. Anyway there's lots to learn so enjoy it, I do.

Steve O
Quickie F55s (now adding brushless motors and control system) Roma Scirocco Granny chair (selling soon) Quickie Groove M (soon to have P&G system)
SteveO

Postby zillyg21 » 04 Jul 2016, 10:08

Hi there. I've suffered a stroke (right side affected) and find a power chair has liberated me. Now looking to have BM3 built for me. I am also into photography (amateur) and am wondering how you manage to hold a camera (I presume that's what you're using) to take the shots. I find that i can no longer use my Canon, unless tripod mounted, so find that cannot get the instant, unstructured shots that I have taken pre-stroke. I'm assuming they've been taken post-stroke. Any hints that may be of use. Fantastic portfolio by the way!
zillyg21

Postby Sleepy » 13 Aug 2016, 19:00

Hiya. I'm a newbie. I haven't posted my intro yet, but just wanted to say that I'm in Leeds, too

Sleepy
Sleepy

Postby martin007 » 04 Sep 2019, 00:03

Welcome to The Forum.
martin007

Return to Introduce Yourself!