Hi From the West Mids (UK)

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hi From the West Mids (UK)

Postby midge5 » 06 Apr 2020, 23:40

Hi, My name is George, I live in the West Midlands UK and come across this site when searching for info on my TGA Breeze IV made by Afikim with a 1.3kW AMT Scmid Brushed Drive Motor and AMT Controller, I was looking to convert the batteries to LiFePO4 Batteries and have been saving but my needs have changed and I need to get it on the road asap so had to spend what i'd saved on some new Lucas Pb Batteries as I couldn't wait any longer, I also intend to access (Programme) the motor drive controller as its a bit vicious for me on acceleration so want to smooth the curve or ramp as it may be, give the whole thing a good service and use it after being stored for just under 2 yrs.

I have electronics qualifications as a service engineer (Ex) so looking to do all the mods with perhaps help from this forum with software etc.

Ooops I have waffled sorry.......That's me anyway.....Hello! :-D

20180527_140556.jpg
Breeze 4
midge5

Re: Hi From the West Mids (UK)

Postby Burgerman » 07 Apr 2020, 08:13

Hi.
Lucas Pb Batteries

Terrible things. Run away!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby midge5 » 07 Apr 2020, 09:49

Burgerman wrote:Hi.
Lucas Pb Batteries

Terrible things. Run away!

Oh No! I may have been blinded by hype, last time I'll take recommendations for half decent AGM's too late now ....... banghead
midge5

Postby Burgerman » 07 Apr 2020, 10:39

You need gel, preferably low impedance, so low peukert like sonnenschien or MK and theres no others. Or good AGMs like Odyssey. And non of those are cheap. Or correctly done lithium.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby midge5 » 07 Apr 2020, 11:18

Burgerman wrote:You need gel, preferably low impedance, so low peukert like sonnenschien or MK and theres no others. Or good AGMs like Odyssey. And non of those are cheap. Or correctly done lithium.

Thankyou, yes I understand that now I have had time to think about it, having ASD doesn't always make my decisions good ones, often too swiftly ignoring my gut, Urgh another steep learning curve, my god i'm so rusty on the electronics side, but anyway I am thankful for your info and that of others on this forum, you've done great things Burgerman, learnt much and kindly passed this knowledge on to other's helping to avoid certain pitfalls and get the best out of their mobility aid's as well as help with robotics and education.
My Intention is still to go for a lithium powered scooter eventually as I think I have worked out it will cost around £1000+ to build a suitable pack plus a bit extra for battery management, coulomb meter etc., don't know if i'm being over ambitious or not but that's what is in mind at the moment anyway.

Aside from ASD I have Cervical Spondylosis, Spinal Osteoarthritis, GAD, Adjustment Disorder and Recurrent Depressive Disorder on top of a few other bits lol oh and was into quadcopters, tricopters and the occasional flying wings.......(That was my latest hobby anyway)

Urgh waffling again czy
midge5

Postby Burgerman » 07 Apr 2020, 16:45

I do or did do Jets, Pulsejets, quadcopters, helis,very fast FAI pylon racers, since being 10. Starting with control line, and home made RC systems, etc. Also slope soaring and now long range FPV stuff...

plus a bit extra for battery management, coulomb meter etc.,

You dont want those, esp BMS systems...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby iainsherriff » 16 May 2020, 23:18

Hi from Malvern :)
Matt (son) is chair user.
MS fairly advanced
Invacare TDX SP2 NB
TGA S4 for dog/kid walking
iainsherriff