Linx any good ?

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Re: Linx any good ?

Postby rover220 » 30 Dec 2020, 06:47

Burgerman wrote:Invacare UK must have. They just deny it.

invacare do, they dont deny it exists but will not let you have one.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 30 Dec 2020, 11:58

Theres an email here from a member of the forum that states that invacare said that "even they dont have one"...
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10121#p165224

I have made inquiries to Invacare about this and they have replied as follows:

“The HKEY02 is not available for purchase, we at Invacare UK don’t have one as it is not necessary for the modifications permitted in the program”
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 03 Jan 2021, 22:13

Why not share it for free? :eh: The hardware is expensive as it is! :fencing

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 03 Jan 2021, 23:55

Think I will stick to R-Net...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 04 Jan 2021, 00:50

242 euro.

Steep that.
rover220

Postby rover220 » 04 Jan 2021, 00:52

Do you guarantee that patch works even if linx and lak software updates?
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 04 Jan 2021, 14:17

Since this is a thing you will only use infrequently, often years apart, as a personal user we would need to know what happens with updated firmware or software versions. No point paying out lots of money to find it dorsent work in 6 months. And you are nowhere to be found. Then what?

Plus many of us here already do stuff for free as a community. I have driven across the country to program someones chair a few times in the past. And run this site for free. Takes a few hundred a year, and hundreds of hours.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby LearnerDriver » 04 Jan 2021, 22:11

arun.asan@ymail.com I also order the HKEY-02 from the same company. I got a message back saying that they couldn’t supply it and it was a mistake. When I spoke to them they did mention that they had sent a HKEY-01 to someone instead of the HKEY-02 they had ordered.

It looks like you and I have been going down the same route. You are a bit further ahead than me. I will stop my investigations now that you have cracked it.

I am still on the hunt for the genuine HKEY-02 though just because it’s a challenge.
LearnerDriver - New to all of this but keen to learn so please be gentle.
LearnerDriver

Postby LearnerDriver » 04 Jan 2021, 22:22

Burgerman, I have to agree with you on the forum. My wife and I used to run one and it all came out of our own pocket.

arun.asan@ymail.com for the greater good of the wheelchair community you need to go a little more underground with your fix for the LiNX system so that Invacare don’t know what’s happening and try to fix it.
LearnerDriver

Postby steves1977uk » 04 Jan 2021, 23:31

Plus many of us here already do stuff for free as a community.

Same here BM, I re-program chairs for free to help others out. I never ask for £££$$$'s unless the user wants to pay for my help. :thumbup:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Lord Chatterley » 05 Jan 2021, 07:12

A GoFundMe option might be worth exploring - people on this board have different incomes - he shouldn't be out of pocket for providing a useful service to someone with money to spare.

LC
Lord Chatterley

Postby Burgerman » 05 Jan 2021, 09:01

I look at things like this as more of a personal challenge. Rather than a business. Since he aready knows that its never going to be a profitable enterprise, and will sell in very small numbers. Just because he can*.

The reason for doing it is because there are a few users such as myself who wouldnt dream of buying any chair that we didnt have OEM or better access. And maybe arun.asan@ymail.com think the same. Along with a few others are pissed off that the manufacturers are not allowing us the chance to properly access the parameters that we need to make a chair work properly for us. Or maybe a few soccer chair players, or DIY chair builders need it for motor compensation settings. Or lithium battery settings. Or we cant fit different motors at some point with higher/lower impedance etc..

And that is unfair. It wouldnt surprise me if the manufacturer wasnt actually behind this*. Why?
They certainly do like to leak certain things unofficially so that those that insist like me, can get actually get access. And the price reduces this to those that REALLY need it. If only to stop bad press on forums like this to prevent repeated advice being to get R-Net instead!

Because they dont want to be seen promoting the ability to access "dangerous" or warranty destroying, or stability/ legislation breaking settings. It takes responsibility out of their hands. And puts them in the same position as their competitors. Seeing as I and others keep telling potential buyers of this system, (and chairs with it fitted), to buy their main competitors chairs / systems instead. And to run away from any system that we cant ever set up properly with no OEM or better access. Remember the girl on here doing a "survey" on Linx systems on here a few months back? Almost everyone replied that they were not interested without OEM or better access in programming.

I dont know that this is the case. And it probably isnt.

In which case its their own fault that people crack or defeat their systems considering that they refuse to sell to us -- the very people that need it! Its inevitable at some point and their own stupid fault. We would pay, and they refuse to let us. Either way its an option if you are stuck with this system. Until it becomes a reliable option, such as it works with all updated hardware and software, I will still be sticking to r-net. Although dynamic dont do that many updates going by the previous systems. And I am not sure about profiteering by basically selling a crack to use Dynamics own software. That wouldnt be the moral reason for doing it. Maybe to cover basic costs such as Woodygb does with cables etc. But not huge figures.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 05 Jan 2021, 11:50

Well its better if its underground, at a sensible price reflecting the non official nature with no garantee of it continuing to work. But you did tell me that you did it yourself and that the person you hired did not do it. Its better that there is some way to access OEM etc than not. It proves it can be done. You can obviously charge whatever you wish. But without any guarantees of continued access maybe over decades, I am not sure how many will buy. I think its better to sell lots at a lower price than almost non at a high price. But, your choice!

Finally. At last I managed to patch the software. A lot of hours I put into this project & also money too. I hired a person from upwork to help me. At the end though I patched it before he even sent me a sample of his work. Of course I still have to pay him for his efforts. He was very kind to help me by taking the project on.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby LearnerDriver » 05 Jan 2021, 12:41

arun.asan@ymail.com I sent you a PM.
LearnerDriver

Postby Lord Chatterley » 30 Jan 2021, 17:36

Arun, apologies for the delay - thanks, I have ordered the key - I will let you know if I need the OEM level.

All the best,

LC
Lord Chatterley

Postby fishinjunky » 30 May 2021, 01:26

Has anyone used the patch is it still working?
Invacare tdx sp
Bounder 300M 200ah lifepo4
fishinjunky

Postby Burgerman » 30 May 2021, 10:11

Several people did buy it. No idea if its good still or otherwise. Dont see why not.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 05 Jun 2021, 16:18

thats great news - for anyone who has the Linx system -

how does it compare to Rnet - ? if someone has both Rnet and a Linx chair - having both OEM access to adjust

how do they compare to each other - - just curious here -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby rover220 » 05 Jun 2021, 18:07

expresso wrote:thats great news - for anyone who has the Linx system -

how does it compare to Rnet - ? if someone has both Rnet and a Linx chair - having both OEM access to adjust

how do they compare to each other - - just curious here -

In my experience rnet far easier to set up snd 0lsy with a chair. Not had a play with linx above dealer level access mind.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 05 Jun 2021, 18:10

snd 0lsy

:eh:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 05 Jun 2021, 18:48

Burgerman wrote:
snd 0lsy

:eh:

ah, fast typing on phone, should read and play
rover220

Postby rover220 » 05 Jun 2021, 20:50

arun.asan@ymail.com wrote:
Burgerman wrote:Several people did buy it. No idea if its good still or otherwise. Dont see why not.

Only 1 very nice person that bought the software. A gentle person who just paid for the software with no haggling involved. Most of the other questions from potential buyers ended with asking for reductions and btching about the price and more. When I was purchasing my access software & hardware, I just paid for it. If I had any questions, it will be to make sure that I have the access I needed. once I did not get what I paid for, but I did get my money back so, happy days.

I think as long as you don't profit from selling it and just cover the costs then that's OK.
rover220

Postby Tetralytic » 12 Jun 2021, 17:01

I've just caught up with this thread, and it looks like I might be customer one. So I thought some might like to know how it went. Fed up with Wheelchair Services extreme tardiness and an r -net chair still waiting for a dongle (nearly 3 months now PSS ) I bought a linX dealer dongle from items for sale here and followed the advice (thank you Rover). I easily downloaded the Dynamics software, and followed the vendor's link and paid out by PayPal. A software download link and a contact email arrive within couple of hours. I waited till yesterday until I had someone to press some buttons for me . We downloaded the one time link copied across the advised files, no joy. Spoke to vendor on the phone and soon discovered I have downloaded 64-bit version. With this put right and a quick tutorial we were off. Factory OEM levels are all there happily talking to the chair with the orange dongle. In the time I spent with him I also think the vendor Will give this all the support he can I certainly have no complaints.
If you happen to be driving a linX chair weather is your fault or not this will definitely improve your control of the set up but then I haven't seen everything and it will be a few days more before I get back to it .
Tetralytic

Postby rover220 » 12 Jun 2021, 18:11

Tetralytic wrote:I've just caught up with this thread, and it looks like I might be customer one. So I thought some might like to know how it went. Fed up with Wheelchair Services extreme tardiness and an r -net chair still waiting for a dongle (nearly 3 months now PSS ) I bought a linX dealer dongle from items for sale here and followed the advice (thank you Rover). I easily downloaded the Dynamics software, and followed the vendor's link and paid out by PayPal. A software download link and a contact email arrive within couple of hours. I waited till yesterday until I had someone to press some buttons for me . We downloaded the one time link copied across the advised files, no joy. Spoke to vendor on the phone and soon discovered I have downloaded 64-bit version. With this put right and a quick tutorial we were off. Factory OEM levels are all there happily talking to the chair with the orange dongle. In the time I spent with him I also think the vendor Will give this all the support he can I certainly have no complaints.
If you happen to be driving a linX chair weather is your fault or not this will definitely improve your control of the set up but then I haven't seen everything and it will be a few days more before I get back to it .

Good result then.
rover220

Postby Tetralytic » 13 Jun 2021, 11:40

Yes thanks to your input. When I got the dongle I thought loads of people had OEM level working and this was just routine for forumees
Tetralytic

Postby steves1977uk » 13 Jun 2021, 17:09

rover220 wrote:I think as long as you don't profit from selling it and just cover the costs then that's OK.

Exactly rover! :thumbup: I offer to program for free, but some people offer to pay for my help which is nice. :)

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 14 Jun 2021, 02:53

I have over the last 23 years programmed around 30 other peoples chairs that I dont personally know. Some traveled many hundreds of miles in desperation. It seems that WCS or local Techs are completely useless. Many offered to pay which is nice. But I never took a penny. Its literally 15 mins of my time. Then I send them off to get a meal or something in town. If its not exactly as they want then they bring it back and make changes.

I also give them a bit of paper explaing what does what. Basic stuff. So they will understand what to adjust to better match what they need. Most never come back and are just happy that it steers properly afer a quick test in my street. Or drive. Its a revelation after suffering stock chair programming most of their lives. Takes a while to get used to it going where they tell it!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Spectra_Pilot » 21 Nov 2021, 15:41

Seriously looking to buy a LINX dongle & key - are there any still available?
Spectra_Pilot

Postby steves1977uk » 22 Nov 2021, 15:22

They are very hard to get hold of, and even then you can't access all the settings since the PC software is poorly written. Next time you get a NHS chair, put up a fight and demand one with the R-net setup as these are easier to program and buy spares for.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Rachel » 23 Nov 2021, 06:56

I have this on my tdx sp2, easy to programme- I bought the Bluetooth dongle from eBay USA and can control everything via the app on my iPhone…never had an issue myself.
Rachel

PreviousNext

Return to Anything